User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many legita-rape (R) candidates survived the election ?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    truthmatters's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no Glen Beck showed you the way

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    no Glen Beck showed you the way
    glen beck has nothing to do with this. I don't know if you know this but Glen Beck's charity was first on the scene in New York..not that that matters to grasping new yorkers. The left doesn't compromise, and you want everything and you want someone else to pay for it. Well, that's gonna work for awhile until that money is not coming in anymore. You're gonna find a lot of conservatives withdrawing and holding back. You're gonna find that from big democrat supporting businesses too. They are already laying off. So. I guess it's gonna be up to you now to provide for the pigs at the trough. That's gonna be a bit of a problem if you got your snout in the food bucket too, heh?

Fact is, you voted for this. Now you are gonna have to make it work. I am joining the ranks of the takers of the public largesse.

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    great. They're all gone. And now you can do as you please. You are a sore winner.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    great. They're all gone. And now you can do as you please. You are a sore winner.
    The GOP/neocon/teabag Party *will be bahck* every election with the same 'ol $#@! ... believe that ...

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GOP/neocon/teabag Party *will be bahck* every election with the same 'ol $#@! ... believe that ...
    nah. Your philosophy is the winning philosophy. You don't have a thing to worry about. More of us will be joining the fold with you. You've got the hispanics, the illegals that will be legals soon, you have the young people, and women. You really shouldn't even be addressing conservatives. You have predicted the death of Fox, of the republican party, of the teabagggers as you call them. Now all you have to do is to keep the aggressive black obamasupporters in line. Go on, Slather it on more, winner. You're so classy.

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why do you post contradictions like "GOP/neocon/teabag Party".

Are you a teabaggee?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    patlape's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am going to get hated on for the following comments. So be it.

First Akin apologized stated he was wrong. When has it started being ok to beat a dead horse.

Second who here can honestly say they have never had foot in mouth syndrome? I wear a size twelve and can eat that in about four seconds.

Thirdly what I took Akin to be saying (get ready you trolls my foot is going into my mouth) was that in examples of violent rape it is difficult for the female body to conceive. He was basing it off medical data; was it well founded, I don't know I have not done the research nor am I a doctor. I will say that in my own personal experience during periods of high stress it is difficult for the female to conceive. Personal examples I have plenty, as with my wife and I trying to have our first child. Two of our friends tried for years to conceive could not and adopted. You know what happened shortly after that...they got pregnant. So from my personal point of view that data seems to have some truth behind it.

So it seems that when you take your boot off his neck and think about what he was trying to say it may not be as bad as it came out. Was Akin right? Don't know but he has apologized and payed for his "mistake" by loosing an election he was forecasted to win. Are we, as Americans, arresting people who have served their time for the same crime...nope, then why are we attacking Akin still.

It amuses me too that one mans mistake is suddenly cast upon the whole crowd. Guilty by association? The GOP immediately pulled funding and publicly reprimanded him for his statements but you still try to blanket the entire party with the statement. Yes some (to include Paul Ryan) tried to defend him the same way I have, does that make us "pro rape"?

And your picture misrepresents facts. Look at the states listed with their names, with the exception of ND those are blue states or at least some shade of purple.

There I have handed you a big stick, now go beat that horse some more just to make sure it is dead twice.
    Last edited by patlape; 11-08-2012 at 11:27 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlape For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (11-08-2012),Chris (11-08-2012),GrassrootsConservative (11-08-2012)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Being hated by liverals is probably a good thing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (11-08-2012),patlape (11-08-2012)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    now the super packs can target him next election
    Brilliant. The old "super packs". I realize the far left keeps coming up with new terms but what is "legita-rape"? Is that a new term for what Roman Polanski did or perhaps for President Clinton?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 2,023
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patlape View Post
    Thirdly what I took Akin to be saying (get ready you trolls my foot is going into my mouth) was that in examples of violent rape it is difficult for the female body to conceive. He was basing it off medical data; was it well founded, I don't know I have not done the research nor am I a doctor. I will say that in my own personal experience during periods of high stress it is difficult for the female to conceive. Personal examples I have plenty, as with my wife and I trying to have our first child. Two of our friends tried for years to conceive could not and adopted. You know what happened shortly after that...they got pregnant. So from my personal point of view that data seems to have some truth behind it.
    It's junk science that Akin was basing his opinion off, mostly supported by a handful of pro-life physicians with alterior motives. A vast majority of physicians do not support this opinion.

There is a very big difference between acute and chronic stress and how it impacts female fertility. Chronic stress effects fertility because it triggers long-term hormonal changes. Acute stress disrupts the same hormones, neurotransmitters and proteins but does not effect fertility immediately or so quickly as to disrupt fertility or reduce the chance of becoming pregnant from the rape. If a survivor were trying to get pregnant after the rape while going through rape trauma syndrone or PTSD, that would be when she might find herself unable to become pregnant due to the long-term psychological stress.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

patlape (11-08-2012)

+ Reply to Thread