User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cultures of listening versus leading.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brett Nortje's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 195x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cultures of listening versus leading.

I was thinking about how the abuse of the near east conflicts with the abuse of the west, and though I would engage my ideas in a debate form. This came from the rate of reports of abuse of women in these two distinctly different cultures and so forth.

I base my ideas on cultures of 'listening and leading.' While women are genetically geared for listening, men are genetically geared for leading, of course. This stems from the men always having 'alpha male parts,' and, the women having 'social parts.' This is where, like, herbivores will gather to form a more formidable presence with the amount of them, sometimes charging the predators with numbers to socially protect themselves, of course. This is like women, who listen to their husbands, listen to the other male leaders, and listen to each other. They do this because they want to form communities at all costs, as, they feel vulnerable, as they are genetically geared to seek strength from society, especially men.

Men, on the other hand, try to lead, and, stand out to gather the most resources for their families, being strong fathers and husbands. This is because they are geared to fight to get their testis into the women, and, produce more of themselves.

All of this is because the only given absolute of life, of matter come that, is to 'reproduce.' This is evident in germs, wildlife and gases too. They all reproduce, and, that is all they are supposed to do, without religious context.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting..... So you believe this behavior still holds true in this period of time?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Interesting..... So you believe this behavior still holds true in this period of time?
    Yes of course.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    Yes of course.
    Maybe..but perhaps not so much as it used to be. The role of the woman is changing therefore the dynamics between the sexes are evolving.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Maybe..but perhaps not so much as it used to be. The role of the woman is changing therefore the dynamics between the sexes are evolving.
    Women still have children, so, if you were to observe that fact, you could also say it is 'getting worse?'
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    Women still have children, so, if you were to observe that fact, you could also say it is 'getting worse?'
    Aren't there always positives and negatives associated with change. Yes, women still have children but even that has altered. I don't buy into the theory that women are listeners only. I agree that women do all the social elements but I also believe they are leaders. After all, they've been manipulating men since time began. You don't have to be "viewed" as the leader to lead. People have been leading behind the scenes forever.

Maybe I'm simplifying the point you are trying to make or perhaps I'm completely off base. If so, my apologies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Brett Nortje (11-13-2017)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brett wrote:
    I base my ideas on cultures of 'listening and leading.' While women are genetically geared for listening, men are genetically geared for leading, of course.
    Of course!

I base my ideas on cultures of 'listening and leading.' While women are genetically geared for listening, men are genetically geared for leading, of course. This stems from the men always having 'alpha male parts,' and, the women having 'social parts.' This is where, like, herbivores will gather to form a more formidable presence with the amount of them, sometimes charging the predators with numbers to socially protect themselves, of course. This is like women, who listen to their husbands, listen to the other male leaders, and listen to each other. They do this because they want to form communities at all costs, as, they feel vulnerable, as they are genetically geared to seek strength from society, especially men.

Men, on the other hand, try to lead, and, stand out to gather the most resources for their families, being strong fathers and husbands. This is because they are geared to fight to get their testis into the women, and, produce more of themselves.
    "Leading" and "listening" are such polite alternatives to just saying commanding and obeying. *sighs*

Anyway, the "listening" role, as you call it, is the role of all oppressed groups in society relative to the group that oppresses them if you think about it. What you seem to be suggesting then is that the oppression of women by men just the Natural Order of Things that we cannot escape because genes or whatever. I mean one seriously wonders just how it is then that you explain all the female-only communities that exist in the world if women are only capable of "listening" and never of being leaders. How are women capable of forming functioning societies without men at all if we have no natural initiative? Or how about all those female heads of state there have been in like every country on Earth but this one at some point or other?
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 11-13-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Of course!
    "Leading" and "listening" are such polite alternatives to just saying commanding and obeying. *sighs*
    Anyway, the "listening" role, as you call it, is the role of all oppressed groups in society relative to the group that oppresses them if you think about it. What you seem to be suggesting then is that the oppression of women by men just the Natural Order of Things that we cannot escape because genes or whatever. I mean one seriously wonders just how it is then that you explain all the female-only communities that exist in the world if women are only capable of "listening" and never of being leaders. How are women capable of forming functioning societies without men at all if we have no natural initiative? Or how about all those female heads of state there have been in like every country on Earth but this one at some point or other?
    I said women are more naturally geared for listening, lending to my theory they are more mature than men. Like you know when men ask women about things in privacy, and women listen, but men do not listen to women when they ask them to?

Why oh why does everyone think I am such a sexist?
    !! Thug LIfe !!

+ Reply to Thread