Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,042x in 8,891 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I cant watch those shows , I am far to sensitive for it. After a minute or so I had to ff your video to the " happy end" . Oddly enough that upset me because the dog was so happy it made me realize even moreso how unhappy it must have been. I am simply going soft as I get a bit older. Thats a good thing most of the time.
    Sometimes it's hard to watch some of them but because dogs are so naturally loving, they respond very well and remarkably quickly to the genuine kindness and loving patience of their rescuers. As hard as it is to see the often horrific state that they find these poor dogs in, by the end of the video you see a completely different dog. Takis is fond of saying when the poor animal is healthy and no longer terrified of people and has gained confidence, that it has a happy tail.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,316
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    So take in every mutt you find and hope you’re vaccination is up to date. There are hardly ever school shootings too. So nothing to worry about.
    Actually, if an animal has had one round of rabies vaccinations it is very unlikely to contract rabies. Regular rabies vaccinations are a scam. They may actually do more harm than good. So, in America, where virtually all dogs get at least one round of rabies shots, the chances of encountering a rabid stray dog are so minute as to make the risk thousands of orders less than being hit by a car or struck by lightning. Feral dogs are a different story, but still, rabies is very rare in America.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Actually, if an animal has had one round of rabies vaccinations it is very unlikely to contract rabies. Regular rabies vaccinations are a scam. They may actually do more harm than good. So, in America, where virtually all dogs get at least one round of rabies shots, the chances of encountering a rabid stray dog are so minute as to make the risk thousands of orders less than being hit by a car or struck by lightning. Feral dogs are a different story, but still, rabies is very rare in America.
    Ok. You could win the lottery too. Gotta pay to play I suppose. Be my guest.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. You could win the lottery too. Gotta pay to play I suppose. Be my guest.
    Being excessively cautious or fearful is very limiting and creates a great deal of stress.

Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it's hard to watch some of them but because dogs are so naturally loving, they respond very well and remarkably quickly to the genuine kindness and loving patience of their rescuers. As hard as it is to see the often horrific state that they find these poor dogs in, by the end of the video you see a completely different dog. Takis is fond of saying when the poor animal is healthy and no longer terrified of people and has gained confidence, that it has a happy tail.
    "All is well that ends well ", they say. I don't like to see amimals in distress , ever. That is why I do not hunt. I have had more than a few arguments with people who think its some rite of passage to teach their kids to murder animals as well. To desensitize a child to the act of killing is not only ignorance in motion, its sick. However, I am consistent because I dont believe in baby killing either
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    "All is well that ends well ", they say. I don't like to see amimals in distress , ever. That is why I do not hunt. I have had more than a few arguments with people who think its some rite of passage to teach their kids to murder animals as well. To desensitize a child to the act of killing is not only ignorance in motion, its sick. However, I am consistent because I dont believe in baby killing either
    I don't believe in hunting unless that is the only way that you can feed your family. I don't believe in baby killing either, but then we may disagree on the definition of baby.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being excessively cautious or fearful is very limiting and creates a great deal of stress.
    LOL. So go out with an umbrella during a lightning storm. Chances are you won’t get hit.

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. So go out with an umbrella during a lightning storm. Chances are you won’t get hit.
    Making myself into a lightning rod in an electrical storm is rather silly. So is worrying that every stray might have rabies. If I was bitten I would go to the hospital and get tested - you can get other bugs from a bite, apart from rabies. If I contracted the rabies virus, then I'd have to endure the awful series of rabies shots. I wouldn't die of rabies.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making myself into a lightning rod in an electrical storm is rather silly. So is worrying that every stray might have rabies. If I was bitten I would go to the hospital and get tested - you can get other bugs from a bite, apart from rabies. If I contracted the rabies virus, then I'd have to endure the awful series of rabies shots. I wouldn't die of rabies.
    Why? It’s rare that you would get struck.

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? It’s rare that you would get struck.
    Lightning likes metal.

Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread