Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    My favorite of all is

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, who was the first American to be canonized and become a Saint, she is the favorite saint of immigrant and american Italians.

https://www.mothercabrini.org/what-w...e-new-york-ny/

She has a shrine in Upper Manhattan that contains her remains, I was brought there many times as a child, and my Aunt Anna, she had bought me a medal with a relic, a piece of Mother Cabrini's burial shroud, I have it around my neck 24hrs a day, I never remove it, the relic was bought for me when I was 7, it was kept in its box until I went in the military and before I deployed my Aunt Anna told me to put it on and never take it off and I never have. All the chrome or silver plating has long since worn off and its brass colored now.
    That is really lovely Common. There must only be a small handful of people who have the medal with a piece of the shroud. That is really unique.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Common @DGUtley thank you guys for posting your favorite Saints. I really enjoyed reading your links.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    That is really lovely Common. There must only be a small handful of people who have the medal with a piece of the shroud. That is really unique.
    I dont know how many were sold, I do know they dont sell them anymore, I was thinking of taking a picture of it, if could figure out how to get it online and cut down the pixels to fit

Its actually my most treasured posession, my aunt anna was a mother to me, my mother her sister died when I was very young.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know how many were sold, I do know they dont sell them anymore, I was thinking of taking a picture of it, if could figure out how to get it online and cut down the pixels to fit

Its actually my most treasured posession, my aunt anna was a mother to me, my mother her sister died when I was very young.
    There couldn't have been too many sold. There was only one shroud. It is a rare relic. I am surprised they would piece it out but it is a good thing. I'm glad you have it. Don't take it off to take a pic though.

I can see how it would be your most treasured possession, for very good reason. That is a very precious thing, for several reasons.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget St. John Paul II. A man who was Pope in my young adult life that transformed the world, helped defeat communism, gave hope to so many trapped behind the Iron Curtain, forged bridges between faiths and visited this country man times.

SOD-1022-SaintPopeJPII-790x480.jpg

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-john-paul-ii/

One of the things I most remember about PJP2 was World Youth Day. I remember one such Day when you had over a million youth sitting outside chanting: "John Paul II we love you" rhythmically and the Pope chanted back: "John Paul II loves you too". I miss him dearly.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,854
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,749x in 3,852 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean Peyton is my favorite.
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting Thank You for posting, heres some of my favorites

Michael is the patron saint of the Military, Police officers, Firemen, death, and people who work in dangerous conditions. His feast day is celebrated on the 29th of September. St. Michael the Archangel has inspired artists, accompanied souls, and protected God's people throughout the ages as the leader of the angels and a true warrior of God.

https://catholicsaintmedals.com/sain...the-archangel/
    Another Saint venerated in some places as a patron of soldiers is St. Martin of Tours aka Martin Caballero, often depicted on horseback cutting his cloak in two to help a naked beggar by the side of the road.

Appropriately, his feast day falls on November 11th.

However, my favorite Saint is Benedict of Nursia.

The early Middle Ages have been called "the Benedictine centuries."[22] In April 2008, Pope Benedict XVI discussed the influence St Benedict had on Western Europe. The pope said that "with his life and work St Benedict exercised a fundamental influence on the development of European civilization and culture" and helped Europe to emerge from the "dark night of history" that followed the fall of the Roman empire.[23]Saint Benedict contributed more than anyone else to the rise of monasticism in the West. His Rule was the foundationial document for thousands of religious communities in the Middle Ages.[24] To this day, The Rule of St. Benedict is the most common and influential Rule used by monasteries and monks, more than 1,400 years after its writing. Today the Benedictine family is represented by two branches: the Benedictine Federation and the Cistercians.[25]
    The influence of Saint Benedict produced "a true spiritual ferment" in Europe, and over the coming decades his followers spread across the continent to establish a new cultural unity based on Christian faith.

The Benedictine Mission House in Schuyler, Nebraska has been one of my favorite charities for many years, which led me to learn more about the man whose name the Order came from.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-29-2019)

+ Reply to Thread