User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page subpoenaed to appear before House committees.....

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barb012 View Post
    Just in, Lisa Page is not going to her hearing.
    Then they need to send the House Sergeant at Arms or U.S. Marshalls to take her into custody and lock her in the House jail.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lisa Page defies House subpoena.....

A former FBI attorney known for her anti-Trump bias and who the president said recently was getting “cold feet” about testifying on Capitol Hill, will not comply with a subpoena from the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees.

Lisa Page, who was having an extramarital affair with FBI agent Peter Strzok, announced via her attorney Tuesday evening that she will not appear before the joint committees Wednesday morning — 24 hours before Strzok is slated to testify publicly before the same two panels.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz issued a blistering report last month about misconduct by FBI officials regarding the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server and Russian interference into the 2016 election.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., slammed Page’s decision not to appear, saying it means she “has something to hide.”

“She plans to blatantly defy a congressional subpoena by refusing to appear for her deposition. She has known for months that the House Judiciary Committee has sought her testimony as part of our joint investigation with the Oversight Committee into decisions made by the Justice Department in 2016, and she has no excuse for her failure to appear,” the Virginia Republican said in a statement.

He added: “We will use all tools at our disposal to obtain her testimony. Americans across the country are alarmed at the bias exhibited by top officials at the Justice Department and FBI, and it is imperative Congress conduct vigorous oversight to ensure that never happens again.”.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...house-subpoena

Message to the Repubs.....file for Contempt of Congress, and then Paint her out as un American and a sell out of the country.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    “She plans to blatantly defy a congressional subpoena by refusing to appear for her deposition. She has known for months that the House Judiciary Committee has sought her testimony as part of our joint investigation with the Oversight Committee into decisions made by the Justice Department in 2016, and she has no excuse for her failure to appear,” the Virginia Republican said in a statement.
    Well why shouldn't she defy Congress? Congress has proven that they have absolutely not testicles when it comes to disciplining those who ignore Congressional subpoenas.

Think I'm kidding? Ask yourself these questions, "How long has Congress been waiting on documents from the F.B.I. and D.o.J?" "How many times has Congress granted last minute extensions to the F.B.I. and D.o.J.?"

These days why the heck should anyone take a Congressional subpoena seriously?
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Well why shouldn't she defy Congress? Congress has proven that they have absolutely not testicles when it comes to disciplining those who ignore Congressional subpoenas.

Think I'm kidding? Ask yourself these questions, "How long has Congress been waiting on documents from the F.B.I. and D.o.J?" "How many times has Congress granted last minute extensions to the F.B.I. and D.o.J.?"

These days why the heck should anyone take a Congressional subpoena seriously?
    Hence my Message to them. Goodlatte is making excuses by saying they will find a way to compel her to come to Congress.

Jacking her with Contempt of Congress is the start. Then they should refer her to DOJ based on what they know. Plus the IG saying she is committed Official Misconduct. Charge her ass and put her in criminal court.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hence my Message to them. Goodlatte is making excuses by saying they will find a way to compel her to come to Congress.

Jacking her with Contempt of Congress is the start. Then they should refer her to DOJ based on what they know. Plus the IG saying she is committed Official Misconduct. Charge her ass and put her in criminal court.
    Didn't the DoJ look the other way when Holder was found in contempt of Congress?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-11-2018)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sessions is merely a figure head. He is letting Rosenstein run everything.

I am sure as a Senator he did a great job for his state but as the Attorney General he is grossly incompetent.
    I don’t believe he is incompetent. He is essentially a creature of the establishment.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't the DoJ look the other way when Holder was found in contempt of Congress?
    Well they did.....but that was under BO the Peep.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they did.....but that was under BO the Peep.
    Same with the not exactly white person waving the night stick outside of a polling location. Obama's DoJ's attitude was move along nothing to see here.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then they need to send the House Sergeant at Arms or U.S. Marshalls to take her into custody and lock her in the House jail.
    There are two chances that would happen. Slim and none.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is a traitor to the United States. She should be arrested, tried and executed!
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread