IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've gotten a bunch of private messages from people today on this and obviously there have been a lot more replies since yesterday, all either directly or indirectly concerning my posts about past suicide attempts. First of all though, let me respond to Dr. Who.

I would like to apologize to @Dr. Who for being rude, and particularly for the "quack" remark from yesterday. I do regret it and feel bad about that now. You were just trying to help. I just get that kind of stuff a lot. Everyone thinks they're an expert on my needs as soon as they here one little bit of my life. The issue here for me really was that, as memory serves, you have claimed to specialize in the area of care for the mentally ill and, as such, probably should've known better, IMO. The Dr. Phils and Dr. Drews of the world do not impress me with their long-distance diagnoses and solution prescriptions. I have a therapist who knows me well. Probably too well. I think she's tired of dealing with me, honestly, by how she responds sometimes anymore. I don't blame her. I'm tired of this too. Anyway, I go to her for answers as to what might be done. Anyone else I share with, I am simply looking for a listening ear, not assumptions about my life, however well-meaning, that's all.

Cletus: I'm done with you.

And to those who have sent me private messages, I thank you for your concern. The same basic principles as stated above apply, but I know that you mean well and just want to help. I don't have the time really to respond to each of you individually, so I'm just going to keep it simple and do so this way. I'm okay at this time. Not in the suicide neighborhood right now. And I am getting help and do manage my conditions as best I can. I appreciate your willingness to listen. Thank you.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 10-12-2018 at 06:32 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Chloe (10-13-2018),Ethereal (10-14-2018),Just AnotherPerson (10-12-2018),Peter1469 (10-12-2018),Safety (10-12-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Look here Cletus, what you said to Polly should be enough to get you kicked out of the forum. If anything happens to her you could spend time in prison. Didn't you see that story where the girlfriend told her boyfriend to kill himself, she went to prison. If a person says they are suicidal, you don't have the right to tell that person to just go kill themselves.

You have no idea what you are talking about, if you did you wouldn't be saying the things you do. You are so wrong that there are not even words for it.

You don't understand. I read the other day that when the terror of living is worse than the terror of dying a man will take his life. That is so true. If you don't understand it keep your nasty comments to yourself.

And yes indigence is the correct word it means a state of extreme poverty.
    Not a knock to the mods, but I’ve seen several former members that at least have been infracted for less, like when someone suggested a member take hemlock. This was a more egregious offense in my opinion, not one member here should have let it go, regardless of ideology...
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (10-14-2018),Just AnotherPerson (10-12-2018),silvereyes (10-13-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Not a knock to the mods, but I’ve seen several former members that at least have been infracted for less, like when someone suggested a member take hemlock. This was a more egregious offense in my opinion, not one member here should have let it go, regardless of ideology...
    I wonder how many, if any, reports the mods got.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    None of this personal stuff should be a matter for open discussion on a public forum to begin with.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The ones who are suffering are the ones who end up reading her posts on a daily basis.

That is the absolute worst thing I have ever heard someone say to another person.

If that is the worst you have ever heard, you need to get out more.

You said that already.

Is that why you keep repeating yourself?

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but I am pretty sure "indigence" is not the word you want.

You have never seen suffering. for people like you, suffering is having your pedicurist cancel an appointment. Yes, I have little tolerance for drama queens and new age nutcases. I have seen suffering. I have seen kids sitting in the dirt starving to death, but unlike people like some here, they don't give up and decide they want to off themselves because they broke a fingernail. They keep fighting. They keep hoping. They keep trying. What they don't do is sit around feeling sorry for themselves. Even the worst off in this country has it 100 times better than a big part of the world's population. You would run home crying to Mama if you ever had to see real suffering. Go talk to your crystals or whatever it is you do, but don't even try to lecture me on something you don't know a damned thing about.

I didn't try to hurt anybody. I just called a spade a spade. Everything I said was true. I don't really care a rat's ass whether you like it or not. She has been posting the same kind of hysterical nonsense for years. Unless there is some kind of physiological problem, people who contemplate and or attempt suicide are either doing it for attention (and have no real intention of killing themselves) or are just weak.

Yeah, I should probably go shave my head and join a monastery. I'll get right on that.

People like you don't help anyone. You are enablers. You have probably driven more people to suicide than Jim Jones.[/QUOTE]

Maybe JAP meant your indigence in regards to your morality and compassion. No doubt they are both seriously lacking.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I did not appreciate Cletus' remark but could you STFU already? Thanks.
    Wow, such manliness, such bravado, such stupid. Maybe you should go kill yourself.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Cletus: I'm done with you.

Promise?
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I wonder how many, if any, reports the mods got.
    People are acting like I told her to go off herself.

I didn't.

She's just another drama queen who needs to be the center of attention. What I said about suicides is true. Unless there is some physiological cause, they are weak. If that offends someone, let the mods do whatever the mob wants, but I am not changing my position. People can coddle them all they want, but that does nothing but enable them.

"I didn't get invited to the prom, I just want to kill myself..." Yeah, whatever.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    People are acting like I told her to go off herself.

I didn't....

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    Wow, such manliness, such bravado, such stupid. Maybe you should go kill yourself.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I said a good while ago that the draft would one day would have to be reinstated
    No one is dying for banks, big oil, politicians, and the military industrial complex. There would be a revolt the second a draft is approved.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (10-14-2018)

+ Reply to Thread