Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,636x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unlike conservative entertainers, they aren't going to lose their agent's representation by making their political views known.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-17-2018)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mr.Soxes's Avatar Post Review / PM Disabled
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Unlike conservative entertainers, they aren't going to lose their agent's representation by making their political views known.
    They dont need it because they are totally irrelevant!MAGA

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,636x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Soxes View Post
    They dont need it because they are totally irrelevant!MAGA
    Tney are irrelevant in my world, but there are many simpletons out there who base their opinions on what these idiot entertainers spew from their pie hole.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-17-2018)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Where the Trumphyte outrage at ?
    At what? we believe in free speech.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-17-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Tney are irrelevant in my world, but there are many simpletons out there who base their opinions on what these idiot entertainers spew from their pie hole.
    That $#@!ty music went out of fashion when women started shaving there bush and bathing again!MAGA

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostRightofRight View Post
    You did say they were "crying"...which has a negative connotation. If you think their complaints are proper maybe you should have been more clear. It's not my fault you posted something that could be easily misinterpreted.
    Anyone can say what they want. Free speech is free speech.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    True enough. However, when the President of the United States goes so far as to characterize the press as "the enemy of the people" and dismiss the reporting of verifiable facts as "fake news", it has, at least potentially, a greater negative impact on the free press's ability to do its job effectively than if you or I said it. In other words, it may not be a violation of the press's right to function, or of any individual media person's right to free speech, but it is dangerous nonetheless. And I don't mean "dangerous" in the sense of "We have to do something to stop him/them from saying that"; rather, I mean "dangerous" in the sense of "Let's take all the name-calling and accusations with a grain of salt and try to elect a rational grownup next time so we won't have to deal with this again".
    Wrong. I don't think him calling out the press has any bearing on what they do. The President is not a danger to a free press. You had me until you slipped that last sentence in. Trump is exactly what we need. No more left-wing bull$#@!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-17-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    You weren't discussing any 'potential impact'. Mere criticism or claims the press is an enemy of the people does not prevent the media from exercising their free speech, they're not entitled to be believed. Trump breaks no laws and neither do members here when they appropriately regard certain media outlets as enemies of We the People. If the media cannot so an 'effective' job because they're being criticized or labeled, tough shiit, that's on them.

So....take the President's labeling with a grain of salt. Take my labeling the piece of shiit news outlet CNN as fake news with a grain of salt. That's your right. And it's my right to turn them off, I believe CNN is an enemy of the people by purposely setting false narratives and trying to unseat a sitting President. I think loud mouths such as Don Idiot Lemon and the moron Alysson Camerota need to be thrown off the airwaves. But that's just my opinion that I'm entitled to......it isn't 'dangerous' and neither is it dangerous for the President to label Don Lemon an idiot nor Lebron James as dumb. And that's because Lebron James is dumb....and Don Lemon is a total f'n idiot. And a racist.
    Reporters, unlike commentators, has the duty to report the news as ii happened. No one can say that CNN or MSNBC do that and be credible. They are the enemies of the people when they tell people things that are not true as "news."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-17-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Reporters, unlike commentators, has the duty to report the news as ii happened. No one can say that CNN or MSNBC do that and be credible. They are the enemies of the people when they tell people things that are not true as "news."
    They are total fails at story retractions also!MAGA

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    So what. So too is there the danger of zero concern for credibility thus the media is trusted beyond any doubt whatsoever. The media is spitting out opinion, Wolf.....not news. You might be falling for every 'Breaking News' or 'This Just In' commentary, I tend not to believe the hyperbole and hysterics. Both of us have every right to do so despite 'dangers.'

Is that what's happening, Standing Wolf? Before I answer your question there, may I submit that's not what goes down, me believes you jest. The foundation of your question needs repair. Here it is in real form.
    The President 'seemingly' acts illegally...or what 'is in my personal opinion or the media's opinion' unscrupulous.....and he's denying it's illegal or unscrupulous....but I don't believe the President and you, Ransom, you don't believe the media. And you don't see the danger to democracy there?

No Wolf. I see no danger to democracy. The media is free to report anything it likes given it's goal to provide 'news' to the public. The public is free to think the media is absolutely full of shiit shelling out much more opinion than it does news.

My turn;

The media tells us lies, reports what it wants to report, 90-95% of it's coverage of the President is ferociously negative. One of those examples the President's remarks on Colin Copernicus the idiot QB. It leads to obvious issues on the street. Race riots. Police being assassinated in their vehicles. The media gives a microphone and platform to race baiting hacks like BLM who thrive on the chaos they see in the streets. Another example was one of these media outlets was actually caught red handed giving the proposed questions to a particular candidate for an important Presidential Debate, one that would influence democratic elections.

So.....the people don't believe their President when the media denies being biased and inaccurate.

And......You don't see that as a danger to democracy? Wolf?
    This goes beyond Trump, or any other President we will have in the future; that's the point. Once the press's vital role in informing the public of what is going on with their government is effectively neutered, it won't make any difference who or what is in charge of things down the road.

Priests molesting children and church officials covering it up? Fake news - forget about it, move on. Cigarette smoking causing lung cancer and heart disease? Fake news, nothing to see here. Billions of taxpayer dollars being funneled by way of no-bid contracts to cronies of government officials? Fake news, don't worry about it.

It's much, much bigger than Trump and his ego. He doesn't like the way he is portrayed in the media, so the media must be corrupt, unfair and their reporting unreliable. He is incapable of acknowledging fault, blame or error, so any reporting of those things must be lies. He has, at this point, successfully convinced a sizeable portion - although by no means a majority - of the American public that anything negative reported about him is untrue. And to make that point he is willing to demonize one of the most important institutions to our democracy ever to exist.

Of course one shouldn't believe every word any reporter or media pundit says or writes; but between that extreme and believing none of it is a huge stretch of common sense and good judgment. To suggest, as Trump does, that only the media voices who agree with him and don't criticize what he does and says are being honest and truthful is the very height of egomania and self-centeredness.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread