Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,097x in 10,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football Season

Is here. They're already playing pre-season NFL games. College students are moving in this weekend as them heinous Crimson Tide once again sit ranked number one.

We've got some striking new talent to witness in the NFL. The Baker Mayfield at Cleveland. Josh Rosen, Matt Darnold. You got QBs by the last name of Goff or Rodgers. Talent laden Brees or Brady. Running backs today....are studs. This Barkley in NY looks great....you've got the freak kid out of Georgia in LA, Bell at the Burg, got Kamara, David Washington, Elliot in Dallas.

WRs.....freaks. Jones, AB, OBJ, did anyone see what the Rams paid this Cooks Dude? 16 million.

There are 16 games during the reg season. That's 1 million....per game just in case anyone needed the math done. 250,000 a quarter. Half a mil for each half...….crazy dollars.

So...let us all set aside politics. Differences in opinions on whether you think Red or Blue. Don't matter if you bleed Denver Orange.....or Kansas City Red. Or Giant Blue. Strap on yer team jersey. Make for your local tavern. Order something cold and frosty, take someone warm and friendly....and enjoy.

My Fighting Irish return I believe all of their offensive line. An early test...in Blacksburg against the Hokies. Yours truly will be at that game. Cities I will visit this year chasing football teams....New Orleans. Cincy(although no one wants to see the Bengals, I am going with a Pittsburgh fan....a Steeler nut.....yes I know.....Pittsburgh is cold, gloomy, and have freak fans), and Washington DC to see them Redskins(no Safety, I'm not a racist, that is the team's name. The Redskins.).

The Redskins may I just add....have award winning very enjoyable, talented, rock hard cheerleaders. Impressive.

Finally....in the most friendly manner possible....removing all previous bias...I hope my teams wipe the field with yours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Trish (08-19-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,627x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Cannons Front (08-16-2018),Ransom (08-16-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,627x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Cannons Front (08-16-2018),Ransom (08-16-2018)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    No one knows about being a true blue fan like a Browns fan.........
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,818x in 15,384 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Is here. They're already playing pre-season NFL games. College students are moving in this weekend as them heinous Crimson Tide once again sit ranked number one.We've got some striking new talent to witness in the NFL. The Baker Mayfield at Cleveland. Josh Rosen, Matt Darnold. You got QBs by the last name of Goff or Rodgers. Talent laden Brees or Brady. Running backs today....are studs. This Barkley in NY looks great....you've got the freak kid out of Georgia in LA, Bell at the Burg, got Kamara, David Washington, Elliot in Dallas.WRs.....freaks. Jones, AB, OBJ, did anyone see what the Rams paid this Cooks Dude? 16 million.There are 16 games during the reg season. That's 1 million....per game just in case anyone needed the math done. 250,000 a quarter. Half a mil for each half...….crazy dollars.So...let us all set aside politics. Differences in opinions on whether you think Red or Blue. Don't matter if you bleed Denver Orange.....or Kansas City Red. Or Giant Blue. Strap on yer team jersey. Make for your local tavern. Order something cold and frosty, take someone warm and friendly....and enjoy.My Fighting Irish return I believe all of their offensive line. An early test...in Blacksburg against the Hokies. Yours truly will be at that game. Cities I will visit this year chasing football teams....New Orleans. Cincy(although no one wants to see the Bengals, I am going with a Pittsburgh fan....a Steeler nut.....yes I know.....Pittsburgh is cold, gloomy, and have freak fans), and Washington DC to see them Redskins(no Safety, I'm not a racist, that is the team's name. The Redskins.).The Redskins may I just add....have award winning very enjoyable, talented, rock hard cheerleaders. Impressive.Finally....in the most friendly manner possible....removing all previous bias...I hope my teams wipe the field with yours.
    *them heinous Crimson Tide once again sit ranked number one.* .................... All I gots to say is Roll Tide .................. And @DGUtley I'm truly rooting for UM to stay on top of OSU football, but it doesn't look real good right now. .............. HS seaaon starts here tomorrow night. The local MY40 broadcast station starts televising some of the top games around WNC tomorrow also. HS football on local tv, who'd a thunk.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,128
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannons Front View Post
    No one knows about being a true blue fan like a Browns fan.........
    Those I know are hard core Browns fans. What's worse.....they actually think they'll compete this year. Like...win games.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    *them heinous Crimson Tide once again sit ranked number one.* .................... All I gots to say is Roll Tide .................. And @DGUtley I'm truly rooting for UM to stay on top of OSU football, but it doesn't look real good right now. .............. HS seaaon starts here tomorrow night. The local MY40 broadcast station starts televising some of the top games around WNC tomorrow also. HS football on local tv, who'd a thunk.
    November elections the only red tide I want to see.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

hanger4 (08-16-2018)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    NapRover's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,636x in 1,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit watching NFL after week 3 last year (as a Browns fan it was a welcome relief). Played golf every chance I got. Didn't watch any playoffs and went to the movies on Super Bowl Sunday. I won't watch any this year, or buy any merchandise, much less go to a game. Just exercising my freedom.

I'll go to many high school games and have tix for Notre Dame/Pitt on Oct 13th. NCAA and High School only for me.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    UM to stay on top of OSU? How ya figure that currently? OSU is 15-3 against UM since 2000, while overall in the 114 game series UM is on the better end lately they have been on the wrong end of the score.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hanger....do know an Ole Miss Rebel going down for the Alabama game like mid September. If you mention Alabama to her she starts to utter words not appropriate to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread