Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation A Message To Trump From The Guy Who Caught bin Laden

Oh snap!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.576002bdf62d

Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Navy Adm. William McRaven, right, and U.S. Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis in 2013. (Gary Cameron/Reuters)
    By William H. McRaven

August 16 at 2:44 PM

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:
    Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revokedon Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.
    Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.
    Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.
    A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

0:41

‘Greatest threat to democracy’: Commander of bin Laden raid criticizes Trump in speech

Retired Navy admiral William H. McRaven called President Trump’s denunciation of the media a threat to democracy in a speech at UT-Austin. (The University of Texas at Austin)

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.
    If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (08-19-2018),exotix (08-16-2018),Safety (08-16-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,814x in 15,382 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Oh snap!https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.576002bdf62dRevoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Navy Adm. William McRaven, right, and U.S. Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis in 2013. (Gary Cameron/Reuters)By William H. McRavenAugust 16 at 2:44 PMWilliam H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.Dear Mr. President:Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revokedon Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself. 0:41‘Greatest threat to democracy’: Commander of bin Laden raid criticizes Trump in speechRetired Navy admiral William H. McRaven called President Trump’s denunciation of the media a threat to democracy in a speech at UT-Austin. (The University of Texas at Austin)Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
    *is one of the finest public servants I have ever known* .............. Seriously McRaven ?? the man that spied on Senate staffers is one of the finest public servants you know, you really need to get out more. Sad
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-16-2018),Common (08-16-2018),MisterVeritis (08-16-2018),Mr.Soxes (08-16-2018),NapRover (08-16-2018),nathanbforrest45 (08-16-2018),Sergeant Gleed (08-17-2018)

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brat's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 116x in 79 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load.
    Proud Boomer, Trump Fan, Not PC but very opinionated. Keep America Great!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Mr.Soxes (08-16-2018),ODB (08-17-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,581x in 55,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ‘Greatest threat to democracy’: Commander of bin Laden

My response would be..... Consider it done.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-16-2018),MisterVeritis (08-16-2018),Mr.Soxes (08-16-2018),ODB (08-17-2018)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mr.Soxes's Avatar Post Review / PM Disabled
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more former officers of the military wanting to speak up!MAGA

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,579x in 26,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McRaven is a glorified death squad chieftain who oversaw a systematic campaign of terrorism against Afghan civilians.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mr.Soxes's Avatar Post Review / PM Disabled
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    What a load.
    They never even released any pictures to substantiate there claim!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Soxes For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-16-2018)

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,579x in 26,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth about McRaven:

Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh snap!
    Blah Blah Blah Do you really that much about a Commie getting his clearance revoked? Move on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.576002bdf62d

Navy Adm. William McRaven, right, and U.S. Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis in 2013. (Gary Cameron/Reuters)
    By William H. McRaven

August 16 at 2:44 PM

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:
    Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revokedon Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.
    Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.
    Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.
    A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

0:41

‘Greatest threat to democracy’: Commander of bin Laden raid criticizes Trump in speech

Retired Navy admiral William H. McRaven called President Trump’s denunciation of the media a threat to democracy in a speech at UT-Austin. (The University of Texas at Austin)

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.
    If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,378x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh snap!
    Wait! We caught Bin Laden?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread