User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norway's Hidden Scandal -- Child Protective Services gone awry.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,672x in 25,187 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Norway's Hidden Scandal -- Child Protective Services gone awry.

If you think that the Child Protective Services here in the US are all powerful, check this out.

I have represented several rural CPS departments here in NE Ohio on uninsured matters over the years. I have been amazed at times on how picayune some of these well-intentioned (typically) liberal-science degreed women can be. This article will make you cringe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...hidden_scandal
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

barb012 (08-19-2018),Peter1469 (08-19-2018),stjames1_53 (08-18-2018)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,477x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on the receiving end of US, particularly Indiana, Child Protective services.
    Children talk amongst themselves. It is often over-exaggerated and relies less upon facts than peer points.
    My youngest son declared to his buddies that he got beat bloody once a week.
    All it took was for one teacher to overhear that claim, and the next thing you know, they swarmed my house with guns and threats.
    Now mind you, there was absolutely no evidence that I ever beat my children bloody, not even close, but that didn't matter to them. There was no physical evidence the CPS worker claimed there would be, there was no emotional disorders that psychiatrists to locate. After 4 months of CPS screaming at me past my lawyer, the big boss of CPS, kicked me loose. However, the subordinate swore revenge, literally. She tried to interfere with my marriage and was constantly visiting my children in school.
    I filed for a hearing in Superior Court, pro se, and asked the judge to interfere between her and I. That ended that, until she became a cop. After three tickets in one day from her, the judge ordered to her stay away from me and issued a restraining order. Of course she screamed about her being a cop and it didn't affect her duties, he warned her that another officer could handle complaints concerning me. The whole ordeal went on for two years and cost us about 12 thousand in legal fees and missed work.
    I went to the first meeting without a lawyer. That was my only mistake. If I had a lawyer present for that first meeting, it would not have gone on past that.
    If they had gotten their hands on my children, we too would be in that same situation as many have experienced.
    It was worth the look on that social worker-cum-cop face that last time we were in court.
    Last edited by stjames1_53; 08-18-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-19-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,672x in 25,187 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. You sure got a dose. Now, imagine what Trump is feeling with the whole weight of the federal bureaucracy going after him....
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-18-2018)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,901
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    If you think that the Child Protective Services here in the US are all powerful, check this out.

I have represented several rural CPS departments here in NE Ohio on uninsured matters over the years. I have been amazed at times on how picayune some of these well-intentioned (typically) liberal-science degreed women can be. This article will make you cringe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...hidden_scandal
    I always instructed mandated reporters "It's minimum health and safety standards , not your standards. In other wise dirty didn't matter unless it was direct threat to the child and so on. We also have a strong policy to reunite, sometimes even when that doesn't make sense. No running water? No problem if you still met the child's basic needs.
    I have no idea what the standards are in other countries but based upon the information given this seems highly intrusive and lacking a solid reunite plan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (08-19-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Wow. You sure got a dose. Now, imagine what Trump is feeling with the whole weight of the federal bureaucracy going after him....
    And the MSM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-19-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    I've been on the receiving end of US, particularly Indiana, Child Protective services.
    Children talk amongst themselves. It is often over-exaggerated and relies less upon facts than peer points.
    All it took was for one teacher to overhear that claim, and the next thing you know, they swarmed my house with guns and threats.
    Now mind you, there was absolutely no evidence that I ever beat my children bloody, not even close, but that didn't matter to them. There was no physical evidence the CPS worker claimed there would be, there was no emotional disorders that psychiatrists to locate. After 4 months of CPS screaming at me past my lawyer, the big boss of CPS, kicked me loose. However, the subordinate swore revenge, literally. She tried to interfere with my marriage and was constantly visiting my children in school.
    I filed for a hearing in Superior Court, pro se, and asked the judge to interfere between her and I. That ended that, until she became a cop. After three tickets in one day from her, the judge ordered to her stay away from me and issued a restraining order. Of course she screamed about her being a cop and it didn't affect her duties, he warned her that another officer could handle complaints concerning me. The whole ordeal went on for two years and cost us about 12 thousand in legal fees and missed work.
    I went to the first meeting without a lawyer. That was my only mistake. If I had a lawyer present for that first meeting, it would not have gone on past that.
    If they had gotten their hands on my children, we too would be in that same situation as many have experienced.
    It was worth the look on that social worker-cum-cop face that last time we were in court.
    Wow, it really sucks you had to go through all of that, especially the harassment by the cop and spend a small fortune on legal fees.

When my son was 12 years old, he threaten to call the police on me because I told him either he clean the room up or I would (and he knew I'd throw out everything except clothes and school books). I told him "go ahead, you know where it phone is". He cleaned up his room without calling the police.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-19-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry you went through that hell with CPS. They are out of control and they are doing more damage to the kids they take away then the parents. I have known a few people that have gone through hell for accusations without proof that CPS did do them. I swear here in Arizona, CPS workers are making it so difficult to get their kids back so they can arrange adoptions for these kids for financial gain.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to barb012 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-19-2018)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,901
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should not have happened in that manner . People under CPS investigation are supposed to have rights. Obviously the child's needs out weigh those rights but they still exist. In at least some states I believe that "Not founded" reports are legally supposed to be expunged . I sure don't get the guns either.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,477x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    That should not have happened in that manner . People under CPS investigation are supposed to have rights. Obviously the child's needs out weigh those rights but they still exist. In at least some states I believe that "Not founded" reports are legally supposed to be expunged . I sure don't get the guns either.
    At the time, I had my CCW.............. That's SOP in Fort Wayne when they know a gun is in the house. Hell, CPS knew I had hunting licenses. they pulled everything about me they could find before entering the house, but not much on the wife.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,646x in 56,029 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the time, I had my CCW.............. That's SOP in Fort Wayne when they know a gun is in the house. Hell, CPS knew I had hunting licenses. they pulled everything about me they could find before entering the house, but not much on the wife.
    I lived in Terre Haute for two years. I really can't explain why, but I liked it there.

+ Reply to Thread