User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it a crisis or a catastrophe?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,392x in 27,950 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    June 2016. Hmm. What else was occurring in the latter half of 2016? Can anyone help me out? Barack Hussein O had roughly six months left before he would be term-limited out of office.

Still, I understand why pencil-necked buffoons would dig deep, even into the rest of the verse (unstated) to believe Christians (or was that Republicans?) wanted BHO dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    https://thinkprogress.org/new-right-...-dcc349594409/

The newest far-right craze is an anti-Obama slogan that is making its way onto t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, and even teddy bears: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8,” which reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.” The meme is also taking off on Twitter, with conservatives calling it “hilarious.” Commentators have noted that it’s unclear whether the intent is to hope for an end to Obama’s time in office — or an end to his life. But a look at the lines in the rest of the psalm hint at the latter:
    Let his days be few; and let another take his office.Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor.Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
    Diana Butler Bass at Beliefnet explains that Psalm 109 is one of the “imprecatory” prayers, “a lament in the form of petition to destroy one’s enemies.” While perhaps intended to be a joke, she notes that the psalm actually “entreats God to destroy the president”:
    It is the personal prayer of an individual, someone who has been dealt an injustice by another — and usually more powerful — person. The words of Psalm 109 are those of deep agony, the longings of a victim for retribution and justice. This psalm is considered one of the most difficult of all the psalms — full of violent images of vengeance and death
    You do know you highlight your inability to think for yourself with every cut and paste hit job from radical left websites, don't you?

Have you ever thought through anything without googling for a leftist who does the thinking for you?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    June 2016. Hmm. What else was occurring in the latter half of 2016? Can anyone help me out? Barack Hussein O had roughly six months left before he would be term-limited out of office.

Still, I understand why pencil-necked buffoons would dig deep, even into the rest of the verse (unstated) to believe Christians (or was that Republicans?) wanted BHO dead.

You do know you highlight your inability to think for yourself with every cut and paste hit job from radical left websites, don't you?

Have you ever thought through anything without googling for a leftist who does the thinking for you?
    The fact that you cite me for the sources I use is hilarious.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,392x in 27,950 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    The fact that you cite me for the sources I use is hilarious.
    It is possible this is the first thing you wrote on your own today. Good job.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Major Lambda's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 266x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Could you imagine he outrage if a white elected official had made the same joke pertaining to our previous president?

They would have been visited by Secret Service Agents.

Major Lambda
    Ab Extra & Sui Generis

+ Reply to Thread