Brat's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 116x in 79 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want my grandchildren to look like me. Doesn't everyone?
    Proud Boomer, Trump Fan, Not PC but very opinionated. Keep America Great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-24-2018)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Efteee View Post
    I am Turkish and I wish to marry someone of my own race. Therefore, although I am not a Muslim, I would prefer to marry this Muslim Saudi woman.
    @Efteee see here: https://www.arabiandate.com/meetarabwomen/

@Orion Rules
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race is a myth, my wife is Jewish as Jewish is matriarchal, she is of Polish and Irish descent, and maybe more but doesn't care to have a DNA test. Our children and grandchildren are all over the map. Believe whatever makes you happy, but we are all related even though time and geography has made us so different in appearance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-myth-of-race

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...readful-deceit

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

PS my wife's grandparents came to America during a strong antisemitic period in America. Watch the movie Focus sometime for a sense of this reality.
    Last edited by midcan5; 08-23-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    @Efteee see here: https://www.arabiandate.com/meetarabwomen/

@Orion Rules
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race is a myth, my wife is Jewish as Jewish is matriarchal, she is of Polish and Irish descent, and maybe more but doesn't care to have a DNA test. Our children and grandchildren are all over the map. Believe whatever makes you happy, but we are all related even though time and geography has made us so different in appearance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...readful-deceit

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley
    lol If you have a Jewish father you're part Jewish. We're talking about DNA. It doesn't work differently for Jews.

In any case, your views on race are more about politics and ethics than science.

BTW, if you actually believe this thread was created in good faith you're even more naive than I thought.
    Last edited by Mister D; 08-23-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-24-2018),MisterVeritis (08-23-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is more about sexual attraction than racism. Plenty of people have friends of different skin colors, but may or may not seek a significant other of a different race not because of disliking a different race or ethnicity personally but not feeling physical attraction towards them. I don't know if it's necessarily inherent genetically or if it's a behavior learned early via certain surroundings, but I don't think it matters either way. I spend my pre teen and teenage years mostly around "Mestizo" Hispanics and I have an affinity for Hispanic women, perhaps that had something to do with it. I also spend a large portion of those years around black people as well but don't have quite the same affinity for black women, so who knows. A lot of variables probably go into it.

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I think this is more about sexual attraction than racism. Plenty of people have friends of different skin colors, but may or may not seek a significant other of a different race not because of disliking a different race or ethnicity personally but not feeling physical attraction towards them. I don't know if it's necessarily inherent genetically or if it's a behavior learned early via certain surroundings, but I don't think it matters either way. I spend my pre teen and teenage years mostly around "Mestizo" Hispanics and I have an affinity for Hispanic women, perhaps that had something to do with it. I also spend a large portion of those years around black people as well but don't have quite the same affinity for black women, so who knows. A lot of variables probably go into it.
    What did your mother look like?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    What did your mother look like?
    My mother is white. As is my father.

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No, it wasn't created in good faith, but can be rescued.

Tom Sunic, The Beauty and the Beast: Race and Racism in Europe

No word in the modern Western parlance is as scary as the word ‘race.’ It is avoided like the plague by contemporary opinion makers, except when they gleefully use its verbal derivative “racist” against right-wingers, White nationalists, forever looming ‘neo-Nazis’ and their proverbial bed fellows ‘anti-Semites.’In modern science, let alone in the social sciences, the word and the concept of race is denounced as a social construct, not being admitted as biological reality, despite overwhelming evidence that race is not just skin deep and that different races world-wide show marked differences in behavior, cultural achievements, and in IQ. As professor Daniel A. Beach recently noted: “Race pervades a great deal of social and interpersonal issues with which we must contend, yet we have no effective way of talking about it.”

...Prior to the early 20th century the words ‘race’ and ‘racist’ were rarely used in the English, French, or German languages in Europe. Everybody knew which race he belonged to. The etymology of the word ‘race’ is still unclear, although most likely it derives from the old Latin word ‘radix,’ meaning roots, or the German ‘reiza, meaning family lineage. Its significance became ideologically loaded only in the late 1920s. Over the last 50 years, it has undergone a total semantic distortion. Indeed, if one were to follow the logic and discourse of professional antiracists, peoples of European ancestry must be all certified racists. Why? Because it is still an unwritten rule that White males and females all over the West mate and date solely within their own race.

...Until recently in the European countryside when a young girl and boy were about to start dating, parents first inquired about whether their respective fathers or mothers were alcoholics, whether somebody in their family tree had some serious illness, such as diabetes, tuberculosis, or some nervous disorder — or even inborn proclivity to criminal behavior. A semi-literate, yet intelligent European peasant or farmer did not have to be versed in sociobiology or have a degree in molecular biology in order to realize that hereditary diseases of the unfortunate partner could easily be transmitted to the newborns, with deadly social consequences for the entire family.

In France it is still common to hear the expression “elle est de bonne race” (“she is of good breed or character”) for a good looking and healthy woman. In the Croatian or the Serbian language one can hear among young adults the colloquial adjective ‘rasna’ (‘raceful’) when depicting a good and healthy looking woman. In such particular instances ‘race’ is more a synonym of good health and good looks and less a scientific term for a distinctive European appearance.

After 1945 everything changed. The whole hell of moralizing and do-good pontificating broke loose....
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother is white. As is my father.
    So unlike many people, you are not interested in a wife who looks similar to your mother.

Thanks.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (08-23-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not about racism at all. We don't make conscious decisions about who we're attracted to. Most of us are attracted to our own. That's just the way it is whether the cause has a biological basis, environmental basis or both.

The only people this matters to are hardcore racists and progressives. Go figure.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-24-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, it wasn't created in good faith, but can be rescued.

Tom Sunic, The Beauty and the Beast: Race and Racism in Europe
    Interesting. This reminds me of Julius Evola and other conservatives who criticized the racist materialism but used the term "race".

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread