User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage, race, religion?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,530x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Interesting. This reminds me of Julius Evola and other conservatives who criticized the racist materialism but used the term "race".
    Sunic does have a broader meaning for race than the narrower one in the US.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted by midcan5:
    Race is a myth. [...]
    No, it isn't. The reason one may say it is, is because he may try to claim that the other races never had a chance at self-government. So, let us compare on who best rules Jerusalem against all terrorists. Well, as a matter of fact the I.D.F. does. That is because they are racial as well as religious Jews. That is because the land of Bethlehem is intended to be ruled over by Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    This religion of "Race is a myth" is just plain mystical. The Jews are a race, are they not? Or can any person convert to become one? That will be the litmus test. Then upon their conversion, they have a right of return to the myth.

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    @Efteee see here: https://www.arabiandate.com/meetarabwomen/

@Orion Rules
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race is a myth, my wife is Jewish as Jewish is matriarchal, she is of Polish and Irish descent, and maybe more but doesn't care to have a DNA test. Our children and grandchildren are all over the map. Believe whatever makes you happy, but we are all related even though time and geography has made us so different in appearance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-myth-of-race

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...readful-deceit

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

PS my wife's grandparents came to America during a strong antisemitic period in America. Watch the movie Focus sometime for a sense of this reality.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marry whoever your heart says to marry.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    So unlike many people, you are not interested in a wife who looks similar to your mother.

Thanks.
    Why would you want a wife who looks similar to your mother? That's like subconscious incest. Eeew! That's called an Oedipus complex. It's one thing to want personality traits that you admire in your mother, but to find someone who looks like her is creepy. Furthermore, when people look like you, chances are they come from a common gene pool. That's how you get entire regions of people who literally look alike and how you end up with a proliferation of genetic diseases.

I never wanted to be with anyone who looked remotely like my father. That would be just weird. I never even dated anyone who looked remotely like my father. My husband does have many things in common with my father, in fact, he was closer to my Dad than my own brother. However, he couldn't look less like my father or a member of my family.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (08-24-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,582x in 36,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Why would you want a wife who looks similar to your mother? That's like subconscious incest. Eeew! That's called an Oedipus complex. It's one thing to want personality traits that you admire in your mother, but to find someone who looks like her is creepy. Furthermore, when people look like you, chances are they come from a common gene pool. That's how you get entire regions of people who literally look alike and how you end up with a proliferation of genetic diseases.

I never wanted to be with anyone who looked remotely like my father. That would be just weird. I never even dated anyone who looked remotely like my father. My husband does have many things in common with my father, in fact, he was closer to my Dad than my own brother. However, he couldn't look less like my father or a member of my family.
    He's talking about race, Who. Was that not obvious?

Anyway, it's actually very common for women who have good relationships with their fathers to seek men who resemble them.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Chris (08-23-2018)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Efteee View Post
    I am Turkish and I wish to marry someone of my own race. Therefore, although I am not a Muslim, I would prefer to marry this Muslim Saudi woman:
    rather than a white deist woman.

I think that marrying someone of my own race would be better but I still could not find how did I obtain such thought. What do you think? Why do I think like that?
    As a Christian I would not marry outside my faith. Race has nothing to do with it.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    As a Christian I would not marry outside my faith. Race has nothing to do with it.
    I can understand that. If your religion is a major focus in your life, marriage outside of your faith would be a significant source of friction.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (08-24-2018)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Race is a myth. Of course certain physical characteristics appeal to us but the diversity within any extended family would give anyone pause. We even have a bit of African even though you'd never know it. Get a DNA test.

But that said your selection seems based on religion and a biased view of humankind. Men often like woman because they think they are king of the domain and control is important for some. Ask yourself why deist matters etc and you may find yourself. Good luck.

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/is-race-real

For the interested reader who wants a challenge in these areas of the human mind check out this book.

'Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain' David Eagleman https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9827912-incognito
    You should start telling black people this secret.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

Mister D (08-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Efteee see here: https://www.arabiandate.com/meetarabwomen/

@Orion Rules
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Race is a myth, my wife is Jewish as Jewish is matriarchal, she is of Polish and Irish descent, and maybe more but doesn't care to have a DNA test. Our children and grandchildren are all over the map. Believe whatever makes you happy, but we are all related even though time and geography has made us so different in appearance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...readful-deceit

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

PS my wife's grandparents came to America during a strong antisemitic period in America. Watch the movie Focus sometime for a sense of this reality.
    What does any of this have to do with this thread? Race is not a myth, We don't want Safety clocking in. Race is what it is. Race was not at the beginning but it has developed over the years. A pathologist can tell a person's race by bones alone.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I think this is more about sexual attraction than racism. Plenty of people have friends of different skin colors, but may or may not seek a significant other of a different race not because of disliking a different race or ethnicity personally but not feeling physical attraction towards them. I don't know if it's necessarily inherent genetically or if it's a behavior learned early via certain surroundings, but I don't think it matters either way. I spend my pre teen and teenage years mostly around "Mestizo" Hispanics and I have an affinity for Hispanic women, perhaps that had something to do with it. I also spend a large portion of those years around black people as well but don't have quite the same affinity for black women, so who knows. A lot of variables probably go into it.
    Ugly people fall in love and marry too. Physical attraction is only part of the equation.

+ Reply to Thread