Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,391x in 27,950 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtual Reality Oculus Rift - BoxVR

I got Box VR a few minutes ago. It is a boxing trainer. I did three two minute sessions and one four-minute session. I am impressed.

The trainer shows me how to jab, uppercut cross, duck, and dodge. then it puts me in a left stance for two minutes followed by a right stance for two minutes. In each stance colored balls (blue for the left hand and red for the right hand) move from the far wall toward me in time to the music. It starts out easy enough and gradually picks up the pace. the balls indicate which technique to use with jabs predominating.

Between this software, gun club VR and another shooting game I have I manage an hour of entertainment with plenty of movement every day.

I look forward to the improvements I know will come as the graphics cards get better.

If you have not considered trying VR you ought to.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 08-23-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I got Box VR a few minutes ago. It is a boxing trainer. I did three two minute sessions and one four-minute session. I am impressed.

The trainer shows me how to jab, uppercut cross, duck, and dodge. then it puts me in a left stance for two minutes followed by a right stance for two minutes. In each stance colored balls (blue for the left hand and red for the right hand) move from the far wall toward me in time to the music. It starts out easy enough and gradually picks up the pace. the balls indicate which technique to use with jabs predominating.

Between this software, gun club VR and another shooting game I have I manage an hour of entertainment with plenty of movement every day.

I look forward to the improvements I know will come as the graphics cards get better.

If you have not considered trying VR you ought to.
    Well, Mr.V, now that you are getting in shape and having an experience with blue balls, I recommend hitting up the senior center. A little bingo,a buffet special, a few awkward glances at some widowed blue-hair, and you'll be in business If you want to be a total gentleman, you can prepack his and hers back pain and high blood pressure pills.
    As for the VR, It's good you are enjoying it. Soon, the foam and other parts of the headsets will incorporate EEG tech that allows for reading (and inserting) brainwaves for a more immersive experience. Don't be suprised one day when you put on a game of dinosaur hunting and wake up 6 hours later in secret service custody.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain–computer_interface
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Safety (08-24-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    Well, Mr.V, now that you are getting in shape and having an experience with blue balls, I recommend hitting up the senior center. A little bingo,a buffet special, a few awkward glances at some widowed blue-hair, and you'll be in business If you want to be a total gentleman, you can prepack his and hers back pain and high blood pressure pills.
    As for the VR, It's good you are enjoying it. Soon, the foam and other parts of the headsets will incorporate EEG tech that allows for reading (and inserting) brainwaves for a more immersive experience. Don't be suprised one day when you put on a game of dinosaur hunting and wake up 6 hours later in secret service custody.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain–computer_interface
    You might not be a kook but you play the part well.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (08-24-2018)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,659x in 1,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. V, don't let those blue balls beat you!
    Pretend you are fighting Commies, that'l work!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (08-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Mr. V, don't let those blue balls beat you!
    Pretend you are fighting Commies, that'l work!
    LOL. Sometimes fun is simply fun.

The game is political. The blue balls are all on the left. The Red balls are all on the right.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might not be a kook but you play the part well.
    I thought I had already been fully certified with kook status. Don't tell me I'm gonna need to start posting tin foil hat selfies to get re-acreddited?
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played Gun Club VR for two shooting scenarios. The first was the most difficult warehouse hostage fight. I like this scenario the most. The second was one of a dozen zombie scenarios I enjoy. Each zombie requires a headshot against a moving bobbing target. My goal is one shot per zombie to put them down in the fastest possible time.

Then I put on BoxVR. I did the two minute warm up and five rounds of the three-minute punching exercise scenario. I have trouble with my left uppercut in the right stance. I am around 90% accurate.

It is a hoot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had already been fully certified with kook status. Don't tell me I'm gonna need to start posting tin foil hat selfies to get re-accredited?
    It has been a while. I assumed you were in a halfway house getting better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (08-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been a while. I assumed you were in a halfway house getting better.
    Mr.V, Mr. V.... How I missed you. Unfortunately, I had no access to the internet in the halfway house. But now I'm really bewildered as to how you managed to smuggle a device into the insane asylum. Security must be getting lax with those body cavity searches.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr.V, Mr. V.... How I missed you. Unfortunately, I had no access to the internet in the halfway house. But now I'm really bewildered as to how you managed to smuggle a device into the insane asylum. Security must be getting lax with those body cavity searches.
    I suppose one could consider my home an insane asylum. It is situated in a thousand acres of woods on a steep hill. It is quiet most of the time. I roam through its 5K square feet inside and spend time (supervised by my cat) on the back deck.

I am allowed out as often as I choose (or so I believe). And no one seems to check on me.

Wait. Maybe it is one or both of the two outside guys who tend to the grounds.

+ Reply to Thread