User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awesome Live cams of Wild Animals!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome Live cams of Wild Animals!

I found this really awesome livecam of animals. They have several different cameras in different locations, it is really cool. You can actually watch bears in Alaska Live! Here is a link to the home page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2S...PKT_Q/featured
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

jigglepete (08-25-2018),Lummy (08-29-2018),Peter1469 (08-25-2018)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,642x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Audubon has a bunch of really good live bird cams of nesting birds of prey (and others). Although you have to time it right because as often as not the nests are empty due to hunting and whatnot...I watched a Peregrine Falcon egg hatch...that took a lot of patience, as it is not a quick process.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-25-2018),Orion Rules (08-25-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    Audubon has a bunch of really good live bird cams of nesting birds of prey (and others). Although you have to time it right because as often as not the nests are empty due to hunting and whatnot...I watched a Peregrine Falcon egg hatch...that took a lot of patience, as it is not a quick process.
    Thank you so much. I didn't even know there were awesome cams like this. I found the animal one yesterday and thought it was so great. I checked out the Audubon cam that you mentioned, and it is very precious. I just watched a baby bird sleeping in the nest. That is awesome you got to watch the Falcon egg hatch, lots of patience indeed. If only more people would just slow down in life and have a little more patience. That is an admirable quality for sure. Thank you again.

I will leave a link to the site incase anyone else want to take a peek
    https://www.audubon.org/birdcams
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 08-25-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (08-25-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 I wonder if bears enjoy fishing as much as I do? They really just sit there for long minutes waiting for a fish to come by. Do you think it's suspenseful?

2 How would you like to have a global audience watching your every move inside your home 24/7?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might not be a bad idea to watch the bears for a bit and see how they interact with one another. See their mannerisms and how they act when they are arguing and when one bows out. It might save your life one day while hiking. It looks like when the bears feel threatened they hold their ground talk a little crap and then one bows out and concedes. He changes his posture and bows his head and then slowly backs away. If you understand their gestures and emotions you could possibly use it in an emergency. It is like learning their language since they speak with their body language and emotions to a degree.

Like geese they communicate with their whole bodies. While swimming they can tell others where to go just by moving their head in the direction. I am sure there is more to it but it is interesting. There is a lot of quacking involved too but I don't know about that part.

Where I live there are many deer, and usually when they see a person they want to get away. But if you watch them with other animals like a cat or birds they don't run. So the thing is to just be like the other animals and just pretend you are minding your own business look down and don't directly gaze at them for a minute, and they just go back to grazing and will let you be pretty close to them actually.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (09-25-2018)

+ Reply to Thread