Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    It was separate from Iraq, but still part of the broader plan.
    The Bush admin was destabilizing Syria starting around 2006.

http://content.time.com/time/world/a...571751,00.html

All part and parcel of the infamous 7 countries in 5 years plan.

That was all neocon nonsense- spread democracy by the sword.

Go to Foreign Policy and search for the article about how the world would be different had the US followed Realpolitik policies instead of Neocon policies. @Ransom can show you the article.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-04-2018),donttread (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,773
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,009x in 10,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That was all neocon nonsense- spread democracy by the sword.

Go to Foreign Policy and search for the article about how the world would be different had the US followed Realpolitik policies instead of Neocon policies. @Ransom can show you the article.
    I'd be happy to show him any error in opinion from your Realpolitik catastrophes to your error prone analyses concerning oh for examples, the rise and fall of ISIS, The Gulf War, the Iraq War, real American History, or the actual definition of Neocon.

Anyway @Common Sense, I try to be all helpful and what not, I'll perhaps try to find the article. You'll find humor in it as the main purpose in the author's piece that Peter1469 is alluding to.....was to hire more Ivory Tower Realpolitik professors and pontificators....and to pay those existing in these ideals of academia.....be paid more money that guess f'n what.....yes the good Professor himself was a part.

The article read like a job resume. A call for the State Department and influential think tanks to hire more Realpolitik pontificators cause if you had....why.....none of the Iraq stuff would ever have happened. None of the messes of the middle east would have become reality, all would be well if only you'd dismiss those currently making policy and hire us.

I'll try to find it, one of Pete's grenades that he never quite throws far enough. Pete throws high, he puts much to much air under the thing and it always lands too close. This Dude was all about being hired, it was hilarious. It'll be hard to find as I absolutely torched it, put it in the round file where it belonged, it was amateur at best, not really worthy of our forum here.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of the rebels in the beginning were indeed moderates.
    According to who?

The FSA are moderates...
    As compared to what? ISIS? And I think you meant to say "were" moderates, because the FSA no longer exists in any meaningful form. Its membership effectively disbanded or defected years ago.

...but the power vacuum created allowed a variety of groups to fill the void.
    Which is exactly what people like me said would happen.

Now the rebels are a wide variety of groups and a lot of foreign jihadists.
    Mostly, if not exclusively, foreign jihadists. I've seen no proof that any "moderate" elements remain or even existed in the first place.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 713
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,517x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    After years of lying and distorting the truth about the "rebels" in Syria, the mainstream media finally seems willing to tell its readers and viewers, in the most tepid and indirect way possible, that these "rebels" are in fact AL QAEDA. Whereas for years we were treated to obvious lies about them being "moderates", the media now refers to them as "Islamist" or "affiliated with Al Qaeda". I've noticed this while reading the media coverage of the impending assault on Idlib, the last major "rebel" stronghold in Syria. Here, for example, is a recent report from the New York Times, one of the main offenders in the disinformation campaign on Syria:

Although this is a marked improvement over their previous descriptions, it is still duplicitous. HTS is not merely "affiliated" with AQ, they ARE AQ. From Stanford University:

Apparently, the writers at The New York Times think a change of name is enough to transform a group from being AQ to merely "affiliated" with AQ. These subtle deceptions are typical of the mainstream media's coverage of the conflict in Syria, which they have been intentionally and systematically stoking from the very beginning. And now that the end of their demented "regime change" operation is coming to an end, they are reduced to flailing desperately about in the vain hope that their TERRORIST proxy army will be saved by some miracle of western military intervention. No doubt we will be treated to yet another false flag chemical attack organized by AQ and their "white helmet" propaganda outfit in the coming days. And no doubt the lying media will immediately blame it on the Syrian and Russian governments with no proof at all.

Anyway, the truth about yet another US-led "regime change" operation is slowly coming to light. But people like me, who told the truth since the very beginning, will receive no vindications or apologies from the pro-interventionist crowd who spent years trying to bury the truth with lies, sophistry, and personal attacks. Instead, they will simply do what they always do whenever one of their narratives crashes and burns: Pretend like it never happened. Just send it down the memory hole and never speak of it again. I wonder, though, will any of you interventionists feel even the slightest tinge of guilt at the small part you played in the wanton and criminal destruction of a sovereign nation? Or will you just absolve yourself of all responsibility and dive blindly into the next war?

From the time they deemed them "moderate rebels" I knew it was a joke. Those terms don't really go together.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't, but in my opinion, they should have been in the beginning.
    So you support overthrowing a sovereign government because... why?

The half ass support they received allowed the other groups to infiltrate.
    The "rebels" in Syria have received billions and billions of dollars worth of support from foreign powers. How much more support do you think they should have been given?

Now it's just a $#@! show with no good options.
    And who should be held responsible for that?
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-04-2018),The Xl (09-05-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some choice quotes from the founder of the Free Syria Army:

(Long War Journal) Free Syrian Army commander praises Al Nusrah Front as ‘brothers’

Colonel Riyad al Assad, the founder of the Free Syrian Army and one of its top commanders, described the Al Nusrah Front, al Qaeda’s affiliate in Syria, as “our brothers in Islam,” and commended the terror group for its prowess on the battlefield.
    A Kurdish state in Syria is impossible: FSA commander

...General Riyad Assad, founder commander of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) in Syria, said the Democratic Union Party (PYD) was more dangerous than Daesh, adding that Daesh was a temporary fraction in the area.
    Yup, sounds like a real "moderate" to me.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I'd be happy to show him any error in opinion from your Realpolitik catastrophes to your error prone analyses concerning oh for examples, the rise and fall of ISIS, The Gulf War, the Iraq War, real American History, or the actual definition of Neocon.
    Anyway @Common Sense, I try to be all helpful and what not, I'll perhaps try to find the article. You'll find humor in it as the main purpose in the author's piece that Peter1469 is alluding to.....was to hire more Ivory Tower Realpolitik professors and pontificators....and to pay those existing in these ideals of academia.....be paid more money that guess f'n what.....yes the good Professor himself was a part.

The article read like a job resume. A call for the State Department and influential think tanks to hire more Realpolitik pontificators cause if you had....why.....none of the Iraq stuff would ever have happened. None of the messes of the middle east would have become reality, all would be well if only you'd dismiss those currently making policy and hire us.
    [/QUOTE]
    There has not been any Realpolitik failures for the US. The problem is ignoring Realpolitik.
    I'll try to find it, one of Pete's grenades that he never quite throws far enough. Pete throws high, he puts much to much air under the thing and it always lands too close. This Dude was all about being hired, it was hilarious. It'll be hard to find as I absolutely torched it, put it in the round file where it belonged, it was amateur at best, not really worthy of our forum here.
    Have you thrown a grenade? They are heavier than you would think.

You likely never touched one, much less used one in combat.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (09-04-2018)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,773
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,009x in 10,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

There has not been any Realpolitik failures for the US. The problem is ignoring Realpolitik.

Have you thrown a grenade? They are heavier than you would think.

You likely never touched one, much less used one in combat.
    Never used one in combat, I was being asked to link to your blown analyses, wrong answers, and error prone and idle Realpolitik. Specifically the article where this Professor was asking to be hired by our government so as he could solve the world's problems or at least that of the Middle Easy. Ivory Tower Idiot as I had pointed out, the grenade analogy given because you often provide source work that then ends up working against your stated positions.

Friendly fire as it were. No, I've never been under friendly fire either. It's an analogy given how you shoot yourself in the foot all the time, stick your foot in your mouth, smash your own thumb with your own hammer. As it were.

No, I've never done that either, a reputation for hitting the nail on the head my eternal reality.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 12m12 minutes ago

President Bashar al-Assad of Syria must not recklessly attack Idlib Province. The Russians and Iranians would be making a grave humanitarian mistake to take part in this potential human tragedy. Hundreds of thousands of people could be killed. Don’t let that happen!

Something is going on.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never used one in combat, I was being asked to link to your blown analyses, wrong answers, and error prone and idle Realpolitik. Specifically the article where this Professor was asking to be hired by our government so as he could solve the world's problems or at least that of the Middle Easy. Ivory Tower Idiot as I had pointed out, the grenade analogy given because you often provide source work that then ends up working against your stated positions.

Friendly fire as it were. No, I've never been under friendly fire either. It's an analogy given how you shoot yourself in the foot all the time, stick your foot in your mouth, smash your own thumb with your own hammer. As it were.

No, I've never done that either, a reputation for hitting the nail on the head my eternal reality.
    Well I already knew you had no combat experience.

Syria was a waste of our time.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread