Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    I did not claim that justice was served, only that in real life, there are consequences.
    The man kill a small child. He was in prison for it. If he did not want the consequences, he should not have murdered the child. consequences, there are always consequences.
    Again, the consequence was prison not murder. We don't put people in prison to have them murdered. Some of our conservative "Christians" have an extremely difficult time accepting that.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Again, the consequence was prison not murder. We don't put people in prison to have them murdered. Some of our conservative "Christians" have an extremely difficult time accepting that.
    I completely understood what you said. The reality of it is that if that man did not want to die, he should have never killed that child. Did he deserve to have his ass beaten? I cannot say, (I go back to my orig. post) still alive, the point is moot.
    Some prisoners disdain assaulting children, or sexually abusing children, to the point of murdering such offenders. Some prisoners have their own code of conduct, and we have no control over that. It is what it is.
    Adults who defile children have it rougher in prison more so than others. That is the society we've created within our prison system.
    Look at it this way. Even having a prison system has its consequences. Hell, it causes my bile to rise, but I think Canada has it down pat. For that, I give them credit. The proof is a much lower rate of recidivism.
    But it remains, I do not approve of murder in any form. I am mixed on execution by state. So no, I don't support what happened. There's nothing that could have stopped it. I'd bet a quarter that the guy who did it is already serving multiple life sentences. What's another life sentence?
    And here's one more thing. Murders happen all the time in prisons. This one just happen to catch the public eye. Does it have any more or any less impact?
    I stand corrected @jigglepete
    Last edited by stjames1_53; 09-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,775x in 2,258 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, according to the article in the OP, he was not killed, just head stomped...pity...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (09-07-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    Um, according to the article in the OP, he was not killed, just head stomped...pity...
    I thought so when I first posted it, but heard that he was dead...............this guy has more lives than a cat.........lol
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

jigglepete (09-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I completely understood what you said. The reality of it is that if that man did not want to die, he should have never killed that child. Did he deserve to have his ass beaten? I cannot say, (I go back to my orig. post) still alive, the point is moot.
    Some prisoners disdain assaulting children, or sexually abusing children, to the point of murdering such offenders. Some prisoners have their own code of conduct, and we have no control over that. It is what it is.
    Adults who defile children have it rougher in prison more so than others. That is the society we've created within our prison system.
    Look at it this way. Even having a prison system has its consequences. Hell, it causes my bile to rise, but I think Canada has it down pat. For that, I give them credit. The proof is a much lower rate of recidivism.
    But it remains, I do not approve of murder in any form. I am mixed on execution by state. So no, I don't support what happened. There's nothing that could have stopped it. I'd bet a quarter that the guy who did it is already serving multiple life sentences. What's another life sentence?
    And here's one more thing. Murders happen all the time in prisons. This one just happen to catch the public eye. Does it have any more or any less impact?
    I stand corrected @jigglepete
    This logic could be applied to virtually any situation. If he really didn't want to die he should not have sold those drugs, stolen that car or ripped people off. It's poor reasoning and betrays your real attitude. We don't send men to prison to be murdered or to "have their ass beaten". It's unacceptable. The prison $#@!ed up and needs better security. Maybe some heads need to roll.

Sadly, yes, murders happen often in prison and it's a disgrace. Yes, this one happened to catch the public eye which gave you the opportunity to express your confused approval/disapproval.
    Last edited by Mister D; 09-07-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    At least your honest.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This logic could be applied to virtually any situation. If he really didn't want to die he should not have sold those drugs, stolen that car or ripped people off. It's poor reasoning and betrays your real attitude. We don't send men to prison to be murdered or to "have their ass beaten". It's unacceptable. The prison $#@!ed up and needs better security. Maybe some heads need to roll.
    So, he's not to be held accountable for a series of really bad decisions? Each one made voluntarily?
    What do you think happens in prison? I have a good guess what should happen.
    I don't think anyone deliberately sent this guy to prison to die and I am not applauding his death. It is what it is....that's the hard cold reality of it.
    - Thucydides

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, he's not to be held accountable for a series of really bad decisions? Each one made voluntarily?
    What do you think happens in prison? I have a good guess what should happen.
    I don't think anyone deliberately sent this guy to prison to die and I am not applauding his death. It is what it is....that's the hard cold reality of it.
    Held accountable? What's prison for again?

Yes, you do have a good idea of what "should" happen. The problem is you're too cowardly to come out and say it. I'll be positive about this and consider it a sign that on some level you know your attitude is shameful.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consequence was prison not murder.
    No one called for him to be murdered. You made that up.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, you are the only one talking about mudering him. What's wrong with you?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

+ Reply to Thread