Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    I completely understood what you said. The reality of it is that if that man did not want to die, he should have never killed that child. Did he deserve to have his ass beaten? I cannot say, (I go back to my orig. post) still alive, the point is moot.
    Some prisoners disdain assaulting children, or sexually abusing children, to the point of murdering such offenders. Some prisoners have their own code of conduct, and we have no control over that. It is what it is.
    Adults who defile children have it rougher in prison more so than others. That is the society we've created within our prison system.
    Look at it this way. Even having a prison system has its consequences. Hell, it causes my bile to rise, but I think Canada has it down pat. For that, I give them credit. The proof is a much lower rate of recidivism.
    But it remains, I do not approve of murder in any form. I am mixed on execution by state. So no, I don't support what happened. There's nothing that could have stopped it. I'd bet a quarter that the guy who did it is already serving multiple life sentences. What's another life sentence?
    And here's one more thing. Murders happen all the time in prisons. This one just happen to catch the public eye. Does it have any more or any less impact?
    I stand corrected @jigglepete
    What's he going on about? No has said he should be murdered.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    This logic could be applied to virtually any situation. If he really didn't want to die he should not have sold those drugs, stolen that car or ripped people off. It's poor reasoning and betrays your real attitude. We don't send men to prison to be murdered or to "have their ass beaten". It's unacceptable. The prison $#@!ed up and needs better security. Maybe some heads need to roll.

Sadly, yes, murders happen often in prison and it's a disgrace. Yes, this one happened to catch the public eye which gave you the opportunity to express your confused approval/disapproval.
    You're the confused one.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,264x in 20,295 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Held accountable? What's prison for again?

Yes, you do have a good idea of what "should" happen. The problem is you're too cowardly to come out and say it. I'll be positive about this and consider it a sign that on some level you know your attitude is shameful.
    I'll be the first one to say there needs to be a certain level of education for all prisoners. They should be taught a skill that will give them enough money on the outside to help steer them away from re-commitment.
    We should not be packing them into tiny boxes like sardines and keep expecting them to act like men, not animals. If you treat them like animals, that's what is to come. But on the same note, some of those permanent visitors and quests are too violent to live in society. Then there are those that should not even be there; The non-violent offenders.
    But the right thing is to take government control of all the prisons and take them out of the hands of the prisons-for-profit club.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread