come on people

don't all post at once...

*crickets*

bueler?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: come on people

Yeah, sorry - I've been out of pocket the last couple days.

It's a crunch time. Wife got a new job so I'm doing more $#@! around the house (not that she did a lot of $#@! to begin with - which is why I put her to work). My $#@!ing cars are going kaplewee, I'm putting some time in at the job.

Excuses, excuses.

When I log on, I'm $#@!ing fried. I get pretty intense at work, it's my personality. When I get home, I'm a $#@!ing waste.

My $#@!ing cars - I bought a Durango in 04, figured I'd run it into the ground. I did sort of, but it only has 140k miles on it. I was shooting for double that but it's got too many problems and I'm bailing out on it now. Last $#@!ing American car I'll ever buy - that's a promise.

I got the cash now for a new one - it's for my wife actually. I was thinking about a Tacoma, 4-door 4X4. She wasn't crazy about driving a little truck but it wasn't a deal killer, but they're priced almost as much as a full-size, so I think we're going to shoot for a Suzuki Grand Vitara. Looks big enough for a small SUV. Built on a truck frame and it's a no-frills vehicle - basic, less $#@! to break. Plus I don't have to hear her whining about driving a truck. AWD, she'll need that in the winter and the tires on these things are big enough.

My truck - a Dodge Ram is getting up there also. It's an 03 and I just put a new clutch in it. Wanted to run that thing for a couple more years also but the undercarriage is rusting out something fierce. I parked it in the grass for a year or two while I was traveling a lot and I guess that didn't do it much good. I have a misfiring cylinder now, it runs like a moonshiners truck. That's an easy fix, but I dunno. I have these $#@!ers paid off and I don't want to get into another payment but I'm thinking it's unavoidable.

I have a Hyundai Accent also - little 2-door stick. My 17yr old finally figured out how to drive it and he's pretty much inheriting it. I figure he'll trash it tho.

$#@!ing cars.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided to stay.....despite whatever happens with PH. Althought, I still am not interested in being on 3 or 4 sites. Currently PH now wants to merge with it's sister site.

I was hoping we would at least get between 30-50 members. This would keep at least 20-30 some people contantly in and out. Checking on their posts and keeping the activity steady.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All good brotha...we all recognize 25% of the cap'n's posting power is far more valuable than full strength of the average poster.

Family and the job to provide for family comes first, and these things ebb and flow. As far as the forum goes, these things ebb and flow and we all pitch in when we have time. TBH, it's pretty cool the discussions we've had so far -- I've learned a lot and found some good things to read -- and things seem a lot more mellow than the old site. Not that I didn't love it, but we also got nasty (and I'm as guilty as others of that). If we keep it tight and with good posters, no reason this site can't just get better and better.

Regarding the cars, that sucks about the Durango. 7 yrs and just 140k for a guy who actually cares for his car is bs...i get needed 4x4 but how can you get away with hyundai in that weather? not my place but maybe tell you kid he gets this car as an inheritance but he needs to start working and saving up for his next one, because he'll be the one paying for it. you definitely don't want to play around with the snow...i am still surprised when i read about the guys who get caught in the snow and aren't found until the next spring. more common than i would have thought, just goes to show mother nature aint no one to mess with...

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Media Critic View Post
    I have decided to stay.....despite whatever happens with PH. Althought, I still am not interested in being on 3 or 4 sites. Currently PH now wants to merge with it's sister site.

I was hoping we would at least get between 30-50 members. This would keep at least 20-30 some people contantly in and out. Checking on their posts and keeping the activity steady.
    Were you thinking of leaving? That's news to me...I would have been bummed to see ya go, this was the start of something beautiful but I wouldn't have held it against you, would have respected your decision regardless. You're good people.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Hyundai is the extra third car. It goes pretty good in the snow, but in a storm - forget it. The snow just piles up over the hood.

my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MMC - we may still get those 30 members you want, just stick around

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was checking out the merge thread from what mmc said and can't believe how quick there are mod warnings...is that serious or are people just joking around with the red fonts?? Weird how they hold it against you for joining other sites too (download poltics). It's like they have a background dossier on posters or something.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
    I was checking out the merge thread from what mmc said and can't believe how quick there are mod warnings...is that serious or are people just joking around with the red fonts?? Weird how they hold it against you for joining other sites too (download poltics). It's like they have a background dossier on posters or something.
    Yeah, it's a nanny forum. That's what shriveled up my nutsack about the place.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Media Critic View Post

Were you thinking of leaving? That's news to me...I would have been bummed to see ya go, this was the start of something beautiful but I wouldn't have held it against you, would have respected your decision regardless. You're good people.
    Nah.....I was thinking of making this my new home. As I do not sleep much, nothing over 5 hrs max. Plus I get to work out of my home, office and the warehouse. I figure there will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead. So I go with the flow too.

Althought after what I have heard and dealt with this nite. I think I have found a new home. I think I will build my tower over there>>>>> next to the JukeBox.....that way I can feel all Those Good Vibrations. 8)
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread