Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,268x in 12,391 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Something else to complain about

The last couple of times I went to a doctor's office, I was handed an electronic tablet and told to "fill it out" with personal information, health history, etc. Like you used to have to do on paper. Fine, whatever. Except that I've never tried to maneuver my way through one of those situations without coming up against unanswerable questions - that you had to answer before it would allow you to continue - being asked the exact same questions multiple times, or having the answers or information you just gave the thing apparently erased and being kicked out and made to start all over.

After twenty years of dealing with computers, both at work and at home, I'm reasonably comfortable with them - most of the time - but those damned doctor's office tablets - I call it The Etch-a-Sketch From Hell - make me want to sling one of them up against the nearest wall.

I had to visit an Urgent Care clinic the other day, and while I was there a young woman - homeless, I think - came in and was handed the thing and told to "fill it out". She poked the screen a few times, stared at it uncomprehendingly, actually turned it over and looked at the back of it (?) and finally just held it up and shouted, "I don't get it!" I wanted to say, "I feel your pain".
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-13-2018),Ethereal (09-13-2018),IMPress Polly (09-13-2018)

+ Reply to Thread