Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miracle stories

I was just wondering if any of you have any miracle stories, maybe something that happened to you or a loved one. Something that seemed like a miracle. I think alot of people have miracle stories.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-16-2018),Major Lambda (09-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,576x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you have any miracle stories, maybe something that happened to you or a loved one. Something that seemed like a miracle. I think alot of people have miracle stories.
    I saw some miracles in combat. Desert Storm.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-16-2018),Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018),Major Lambda (09-16-2018),Trish (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I can claim any miracles but I can say that I've dodged several near death experiences that shook me up.

I was a student working in a automotive store when a car jumped the curb and crashed into the store knocking me back several feet. If I hadn't seen it coming I may not have walked away.

My brother in law was driving me to work in a storm and he lost control. We went airborne and landed in a farmer's pond. (that was kinda wicked fun but my brother in law was NOT happy)

I was commuting to work when a girl swerved into my lane and hit my car. She hit me so hard my car almost flipped over the concrete median into oncoming traffic. Walked away with a broken arm and a concussion.

The two most meaningful events that scared me happened to my youngest son. When he was born I was overcome with panic. I had this constant dread that something was going to happen to him and that I was going to lose him. During a visit to my in laws we were sitting around the pool and the boys were playing in the pool. At the time, my husband and I would take turns watching our boys so the other could have some free time. He was on duty but became distracted. I was at the other side of the pool napping on one of the lounge chairs when an eerie feeling came over me and I woke up and sat up looking around but couldn't find my son. I jumped up and ran to the pool. As I approached the side of the pool I looked down and there he was looking up at me with outstretched arms completely submerged. Let's just say I almost murdered my son's father that day.

During another visit to my in laws, my son hopped on a tricycle at the top of their carport. My in law's home was at the top of a hill set off from a busy main road. They had an automatic gate at the very end of the lane. My son had hopped on one of the tricycles and before I could get to him he started to peddle away then gravity kicked in and he started drifting down the hill towards the gate. That day someone had just returned from picking up food and had left the gate open. My son was heading for the road. I remember running after him and screaming for him to turn the bike on the grass but he was crying and couldn't control the bike. I was screaming for my in laws to close the gate but they didn't understand what was going on. It was like everything suddenly was in slow motion. He was getting closer to the road and I remember looking both ways and confirming my worst fear that there were many cars traveling on that road. Right before he past the gate the cars slowed and stopped. They had seen me running down the hill screaming like a mad woman and realized something was wrong.

When he went past the gate into the road my body shut down and I fainted. When I came to moments later I gathered my children up got in the car and never went back to my in laws. It was cursed. They could come visit us but we did not go back to their house.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-16-2018),Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018),Major Lambda (09-16-2018),Peter1469 (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I saw some miracles in combat. Desert Storm.
    Care to share?

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I woke up that morning and had a lucid dream. The awake dream was I had to buy two new tires for the front of my truck. I have a strong intuitional mind and take these things seriously. I had to drive to San Jose that morning for something, can't remember what.

So I went and bought two new tires, and headed out over the hill on Hwy 17 to San Jose from Santa Cruz County.
    I was going down the grade along the Lexington Reservoir, and looked over to the right and saw a huge trailer truck was jackknifed on the hill side, and as soon as I noticed that a huge truck axle came flying at me and just missed my windshield by inches, as I hit the brakes!!! Lord! That was so SCARY!

Only the new front tires had saved me!
    My GUARDIAN ANGEL was watching over me!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018),Trish (09-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,576x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    Care to share?
    I didn't die when I should have.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018),Major Lambda (09-16-2018),Orion Rules (09-28-2018)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When its your time to go, the Grim Reaper will tap you on the left shoulder and remind you.

Or you get a knock on the front door by the Death panel people. They are so polite!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018),Orion Rules (09-28-2018),Peter1469 (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to give one of mine. I have several really strange things that have happened. I will choose one.
    One time my dad wanted to go camping. I still had to work for several days so I couldn't take off with them. I was just going to meet them out there on the weekend, and bring my little nephew with me.

So dad and his girlfirend and her kids were already camping. While I was at work I kept having a really strong image cross my mind. It was powerful. It was of a vehicle rolling. Everythime I tried to re-concentrate on my work it would overpower my thougts and I would get the exact same immage. I have had many things like that happen to me before and sometimes they really do happen. I was so worried. I was hoping my dad wouldnt get into an accident. I was so worried that I started bringing my bible to work with me. I would sit in my back seat and read the 91st psalm on my breaks and lunch.

By the time the weekend came I guess I forgot all about it. I took my nephew and we went camping. We were having so much fun. We were fishing at the lake, and my nephew accidently hooked my dads girlfirends son in the eyelid with a fishing hook. That was horrific. We had to drive to the nearest small town hospital to get the hook removed.

We had to take this short cut road it was very long and steep. I hated that road. I burnt my brakes once on that road, and I didnt really want to drive that road on the way back to camp. Going up the road is fine, but down, no thanks! So we went to the Er I will call him my little brother, dads girlfirends son kind of long to say. The hook was taken out succesfully all was fine. It was starting to get late so my dads girlfreind wanted to take the short cut back to camp. I was a bit scared but I was like ok. So I let her drive my car. I hoped in the back seat. For some reason I couldnt get my seat belt to buckle, she took off anyways. Finally I got it whew!

I felt like she was driving a little too fast but I didnt say anything. She asked if I was scared, I told her yes. So she slowed down, but then she just sped back up again. I was scared, so instead of looking at the road, I looked out the back window behind me and suddenly this feeling of calm and peace overwhelmed me like everything was ok. The trees were so green and I could see the sunset light giving them a glow. While looking back like that suddenly I felt the car jerk. I heard my dads girlfriend and my little brother screaming. The car became airborne. It was spinning in the air so fast. I could see all of the trees like a colidascope of greens in one spinning blur. I knew what happened and was wondering if this was it. There was a cliff on the left hand side of the road. The kind where you can see pine tree tops sticking up. The car landed against the hill. It was a harsh landing because of being airborne. When it landed there was just quiet, then suddenly full blast my radio turned on and the song Earth Angel started playing at full volume. I did have an oldies tape in the deck. It was surreal.

It took a moment to really come to, I felt my face and I felt my body to make sure I was alive. Then I got scared and looked up front at my dads girlfriend and my little brother. They were ok. I dragged them away from my car. We made it, my car didn't but who cares. My dads girlfriend had looked back at my totaled car and was about to say something and I just turned her around. It was that day that I really realized that petty things in life don't matter at all.

So my car had to be towed and a few days later the towing company wanted me to come see if there were any belongings I needed from my car. The car was a mess inside. Because we were going camping it looked like someone put the contents in a mixer. But in the back seat was my bible. It was laying on the floor, and the bible was open. It was open to the same page I had been reading at work the 91st psalm. Not only that, the page had small pebbles in it lining the center. Because somehow some of the gravel from the road got in the car.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Major Lambda (09-16-2018),Trish (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Major Lambda's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 266x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From someone with a medicine background, when it is your time to go, it is your time to go. No EMT's from the Fire Dept , no Ambulance Crew, No Emergency Room crash or trauma team, will save you.

Burn patients come to the Emergency Room. I knew they were going to die within days from infection or organ failure, and there was nothing I could do about it.

When your number is up, it's up.

Major Lambda
    Ab Extra & Sui Generis

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Lambda For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-16-2018)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    When its your time to go, the Grim Reaper will tap you on the left shoulder and remind you.

Or you get a knock on the front door by the Death panel people. They are so polite!

Keep ah knockin but'cha can't come in.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018)

+ Reply to Thread