Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I didn't die when I should have.
    I take that to mean you feel extraordinarily fortunate. So does Michael Phelps. Congratulations! You won!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought of another miracle story I could share.
    So this is kind of an animal rescue story but it has a little flare of a miracle story to me.
    I lived in Arizona in 2006 and we lived in a duplex, We had small back porches that were enclosed with a gate. The neighbors had a pitbull that they kept locked up in that little space. I have never seen a dog with such a sad look in his eyes. His owners were abusive. We used to feed him through the fence all of the time and pet him. We were so sad for him. His life was misery. One night his owners came home and I guess the dog had chewed on a bike tire or something. What do you expect when the dog is in a small space like that? But the owner came home and got violent he went into a rage and was beating his dog. He got a knife out, and said he was going to kill that dog. I stepped in. I told him that he better not hurt that dog. That guy got really violent with me all weilding his knife and what not. I told him to give me his dog. He said you want this Bi#h have it! He kicked it and opened the fence.

It was in the night the dog took off running. I chased it down and brought him home. I cannot have a dog because I am so allergic. But I wasn't going to let anything happen to this precious animal. I brought him into my home. I needed to find a place for him. I had tried everything to find him a home. I finally found a no kill shelter that said they would for sure get him a home. I was really poor at the time and didn't have money when we got him to the shelter they wanted this huge fee. It was like a hundred bucks. That was too much for me at the time.

We got really sad, we were leaving with the dog, and a really beautiful woman and her children came up to us. I swear this woman looked like the pictures of angels she had long golden blond hair. She kind of glowed. I know she was a person and not an angel but she might as well have been an angel. She said are you here to surrender this dog? We said yes, she said, "We just came here looking for this exact kind of dog." She asked if he was good with children. I explained to her that the people who had him had several small children and the dog was really good to them, she was so happy. She said she would pay us for him. We told her no that she could take him for free.

We watched as her and her small kids were introducing themselves to the dog. It was like they were already a family.

What were the odds that on that very day at that same time, that two people came together who needed one another? She was looking for this dog, and he was looking for her. It was a miracle in my opinion. Not like an intervention but a real earthly miracle. The mandala came together and something was made right that day. I think that is a miracle in my opinion.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,642x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once met a girl who swore both of her parents were tied off, so to speak, before she was conceived...they named her Lucky...

+ Reply to Thread