User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Are They Now?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 2,012
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    Is there a reason to keep him on as a mod if he's not around? Not being critical, I was quite a fan of Ravens Fan, just curious about the reasoning of it.
    Just a decision we made. Sometimes we keep people on if they have something going on. Not that anything is wrong, but we kept Pol on the team until she passed, as far as I remember. We hope that he will be back soon. We re-evaluate periodically to consider if we should remove someone who is inactive.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People get tired of being Sisyphus, the rock is always the same and the hill too. But when I stand back I wonder if most people on here, and a dozen other sites, are open to teachable moments or even thought. A few people have asked me to write on their site or some place they posted and I have but two are now gone. And conservative sites ban me so that's not much fun. Having been online for over eighteen years it grows old too, I post less now and feel debate to be useless. Have your say and hope someone thinks maybe. A stray reader may just have an epiphany, that's the best you can ask for.

I opened a philosophy store
    sold ethics and moral thoughts
    heavy stuff mostly
    customers looked with puzzlement
    at answers to questions
    they never asked
    I tried to sell beauty and honor
    and things like reasons
    but it just didn't work
    so I switched to beer
    beer was much better
    all my customers came back
    they looked happy and content now
    they didn't need answers
    to questions so heavy
    they wanted the lighter stuff
    and beer was the answer
    Last edited by midcan5; 09-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Whatever you may think of them, I think the forum was a more interesting place with them around.
    I appreciate your sentiment and I understand your position but I thin there are some members the forum is better off without. OGIS is one of them. Nic was a decent guy.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (09-16-2018)

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Some are busy with other forums. Some just stopped posting. I miss Captain, for one. Pickle is another one, although he could be difficult sometimes.

Ravens is still a moderator. He is fine, just not around. We are fine moderating with 4 people.
    Yes, but the question of why they stopped posting here remains unanswered. This place used to be more like a community where people shared things, talked things out, and the membership felt involved and invested. Now it just feels like nobody wants to share anything with anyone and the members are becoming increasingly alienated from one another as a result.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Some are busy with other forums. Some just stopped posting. I miss Captain, for one. Pickle is another one, although he could be difficult sometimes.

Ravens is still a moderator. He is fine, just not around. We are fine moderating with 4 people.
    Pickle and CO are missed. I emailed CO a while back to check in. He responded but I haven't heard from him otherwise.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I appreciate your sentiment and I understand your position but I thin there are some members the forum is better off without. OGIS is one of them. Nic was a decent guy.
    At the very least, OGIS started threads that generated lots of participation from the membership. There were some really good discussions that came about as a result of threads he started.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the very least, OGIS started threads that generated lots of participation from the membership. There were some really good discussions that came about as a result of threads he started.
    But he degenerated into a whiny little $#@! (pardon my French) who doled out the most frivolous and spiteful thread bans I've ever seen. He was big on frivolous reporting too. He was the sort of person who complained about everyone but was oblivious to his own obnoxious behavior. Everyone else you listed I'd like to see back or post more often.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed over the past year or so that several long-time members have either disappeared or greatly decreased the amount they post. This thread is designed to try to account for them and to see if we can possibly get them to come back or to post more frequently. I encourage all members to contribute to this list. I will start it:

Ravens Fan: A MOD who hasn't posted in months. He basically disappeared from the forum. Ravens Fan and I sort of knew each other from the Alyosha drama. Anyone have any idea what happened? Is he still a MOD?

Green Arrow: I'm not sure, but I believe GA is still a VIP or an Adviser or whatever we're calling it these days. I rarely see him post anymore, which is a shame, because even though I disagree with him on some issues, I've always found him to be principle and intellectual. I actually know GA somewhat, again, from the Alyosha drama. We actually hung out a little bit in Virginia. I haven't talked to him in a while though and am not sure why he doesn't post anymore.

Hal Jordan: A MOD who makes very rare appearances both in terms of posting and moderating. I assume he is busy with real life which, obviously, is totally fine. But I am sort of curious because I have always valued him as a poster and a MOD. I would like to see him around more often. And not to sound like a broke record, but he and I also met and hung out in Virginia in connection to the Alyosha incident.

Chloe: One of tPF's only younger females aside from a few others. A very likable poster who is popular with many. Barely posts anymore though. And I can totally understand why given the kind of treatment she's been subjected to by certain members. A particularly big loss for the forum if she does not return to posting like she used to.

Finderskeepers: I believe she was an older lady. I found her very likable and interesting and smart, but she stopped posting a long time ago and it was quite abrupt. Like with Ravens Fan, I am kind of worried that something bad might have happened.

Newpublius: Very smart attorney from New Jersey or New York who always brought his A game to a debate. Haven't seen him in a long time either. Very unfortunate. I felt like I always learned something from him whenever he posted.

Cthulhu: A fellow Marine veteran who I had a very weird phone conversation with - he's a smart dude and funny. He's pops in every once in a while to make a clever comment or remark, but rarely posts the way he used to. I assume he's grown tired of the forum's endless drama and trolling.

Kacper: A liberal, female attorney who swept through tPF like a logical whirlwind and then suddenly disappeared. Very unfortunate, since she was very smart, very interesting, and a worthy debate opponent.

Kalkin: A sharp albeit $#@!ly conservative who was always game for intellectual combat. And he had probably the best avatar in forum history. Haven't seen him post in months.

nic34: A thoughtful liberal who gave what he got. Also, I believe he is a native American, which is a perspective that is nice to have around. No idea what's become of him.

OGIS: A colorful, combative, often times interesting fellow who did not fit neatly into the left-right paradigm. Has been missing for a long time.

AZ Jim: An older liberal fellow with a good heart who took no crap from anyone. Hasn't been around in ages.

That's just off my friends list and the top of my head. Feel free to add and to provide whatever information you can.
    Like me, they probably tired of the trolls, especially the mods who troll.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Like me, they probably tired of the trolls, especially the mods who troll.
    In fact, I know of one person on that list who definitely feels that way.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought OGIS was great! I liked arguing with him. He didn't agree with almost anything I said but he was so decent, and fun. And he was never rude. It was great to debate with him. I was actually thinking the same thing that you put in the OP Ethereal. I was wondering where the awesome posters were. But I am glad for them if they are busy living their lives. I also thought bethere was great too, I know that person got banned but still that person was a benefit to this forum. That person didn't agree with my posts either, but was very decent. Just because we don't agree with each others opinions does not mean we have to be terrible to each other.

Personally I think it can be even more interesting and diverse if we don't always agree with each other. It is a great benefit to have all manner of minds. After all humans are not made with cookie cutters. We are all so different. You cant want us all to be exactly like you. What fun would there be in that?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

+ Reply to Thread