User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 201 to 207 of 207

Thread: What is Terrorism?

  1. #201
    Original Ranter
    Points: 219,300, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    394735
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87,834
    Points
    219,300
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,306
    Thanked 31,677x in 22,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    1) What state am I always "crying about"? Please tell me you aren't one of those types who believe that holding the government accountable = hating the country? You should know, agree or not, that speaking out is far more Patriotic than excusing everything one's government does.
    2) Ask yourself why the hell the American military needs to hire security? That doesn't make sense .
    3) How can the amount of war we wage be irrelevant to ethics or the use of mercenaries? That also makes no sense. Ethics is not my whole argument anyway. When it comes to killing and dying in foreign wars the chain of command should be as tight as possible and an outside contractor does not accomplish that. Blackwater damaged our world image.
    4) Didn't these pure as the driven snow contractors murder civilians in 2007 and lose some of their contract? So I guess they don't fight after all, they just kill?
    You're not always talking about the evil government and your corporate Boogeyman?

    Because the active army is overextended and US planners would rather employ professionals to perform security tasks. It frees up US troops for 1) more relevant duties and 2) allows fewer troops to be deployed. is that not obvious?


    Again, Blackwater was not tasked with combat operations and US troops don't need any help tarnishing our image.

    Straw man. No said they were "pure". US troops aren't either.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  2. #202
    Points: 96,712, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,975
    Points
    96,712
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,092
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You're wrong; it's blue: you failed to show any credible evidence of WHAT my favorite color is, therefore all you have is an empty assertion.
    You haven't proven anything. Try again.

    [i]I prove what I say by producing evidence that backs up my claims. Thus far I have learned that you do not.

    So again, if you're going to say that myself or my proofs are wrong, then you have to research and present credible evidence that proves I'm wrong.
    Can't prove a negative.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  3. #203
    Points: 96,712, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,975
    Points
    96,712
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,092
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    It's proof.

    Prove it wrong or stop talking about it.
    I just did.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  4. #204
    Points: 96,712, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,975
    Points
    96,712
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,092
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That's waaaay off topic and I'm not going to help you derail the thread. Start a thread on the subject and we can argue it there.
    Nice dodge. Not gonna work tho.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  5. #205
    Points: 6,940, Level: 19
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    372
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,835
    Points
    6,940
    Level
    19
    Thanks Given
    301
    Thanked 362x in 269 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    Nice dodge. Not gonna work tho.
    Okay, you're clearly pout of league trying to argue anything other than finger counting. You really have no idea what your talking about, so...

    /

  6. #206
    Points: 188,083, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    263275
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    82,959
    Points
    188,083
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,437
    Thanked 32,243x in 24,128 Posts
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    It was the TSA, as stated. Flying out of Dulles. Think before you speak.
    I’ve been at Dulles since 9:00am. I missed my connecting flight to Seattle because my flight out of Syracuse was delayed by two hours because they were unprepared for the weather and de-icing the planes was a huge dick-dance. I should have been home by now.

    Now I won’t get home until midnight. But United airlines gave me a $10.00 meal voucher. That was very generous of them.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 11-28-2018 at 02:24 PM.

  7. #207
    Points: 108,438, Level: 80
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,212
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    79757
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    36,696
    Points
    108,438
    Level
    80
    Thanks Given
    5,553
    Thanked 11,722x in 8,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Terrorism is violence against civilians with the intention of creating fear to further a political goal.

    Mass shootings can be terrorism, but unless there is a political motivation it's typically not called terrorism.


    Except when such action is part of a war or war like action or. Well except when we are the ones taking such action.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO