User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Wave Receding? TX GOP Wins Spc Election In District Held By Democrats For 139yrs

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Wave Receding? TX GOP Wins Spc Election In District Held By Democrats For 139yrs

Special elections aren’t the best gauges for predicting the results of an election year, but since the liberal media touted such wins as a harbinger for the GOP apocalypse, let’s pop the champagne for the clutch win in Texas last night. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has to be happy. This special state Senate election saw a Republican win in a district that’s remained in Democratic hands for 139 years. The GOP wasn’t even supposed to be competitive in this race; they ended up winning it by 6 points. Oh, and Clinton carried this district in 2016 by 12 points. Needless to say, Democrats were a little shell-shocked (via San Antonio Express-News):

So, before we all dig in deep for another day of Democratic hysterics over the unprovable and possibly false allegation of sexual misconduct that has been lobbed at Judge Brett Kavanaugh in an effort to derail his Supreme Court nomination, the GOP scored a win in a Clinton district in Texas......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ts-fo-n2520371

Oh noes.....say it isn't so. The Lame Stream for some odd reason didn't want to put to much focus on this. I wonder why.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Major Lambda (09-19-2018)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, but I dont share the enthusiasm of the Blue Wave receding over one election.
    I believe the GOP will lose the house and they deserve to lose the house, they havent done squat, they havent supported the president, they suck and Paul Ryan especially sucks and I cant wait till hes gone.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Fantastic, but I dont share the enthusiasm of the Blue Wave receding over one election.
    I believe the GOP will lose the house and they deserve to lose the house, they havent done squat, they havent supported the president, they suck and Paul Ryan especially sucks and I cant wait till hes gone.
    The house of representatives has done more than the Senate. The Senate is where things stall and eventually die. For the most part senate Republicans are balless.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leftness was just raving about Beto in Texas vs Cruz. Throwing up polls and talking about all the money Beto has brought in. The Demo Turn Out and how he is going to upset Cruz. Now QPac has Cruz up by 9. Scott is starting to pull away from Nelson in Florida. Plus Now Sherrod Brown of Ohio Demo has some problems.

Oh and Illinois lost 2 Seats to the House. Due to population loss. The Demos didn't see that one coming either.

Well now they will end up with a Speaker sticking up for the President. They don't deserve to lose the House. What people are realizing is if Pelosi and the Dems get the House. Everything gets rolled back. Then they will Impeach Trump. Nothing will get done. 2020 rolls around then the Repubs have a bunch of Senator up for re-election. Which odds will favor the Demos taking the Senate. Even if Trump wins re-election.

People on the Right and Independents will make the showing for this Mid Term. Plus people are seeing the leftness saying the same thing.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it would be Democrats, not Republicans, that decided that election. The GOP is a feckless, gutless bunch of losers, but even losers are better than Democrats so far.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    The house of representatives has done more than the Senate. The Senate is where things stall and eventually die. For the most part senate Republicans are balless.
    You think Ryan Corker and Flake arent nutless
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread