User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A memory, A reminder, A warning?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A memory, A reminder, A warning?

I cross the street walk several blocks take a left and walk 4 more blocks up a comfortable incline. As I approach my destination I slow my pace and stop to look at the fence riddled with notes, stuffed animals, shirts, caps, trinkets and pictures.

I continue a bit further until I’m at the building entrance. I go inside pay for my ticket enter the elevator and push 2. As the elevator door tings open and I walk out I’m assaulted with voices and sounds. Some are talking, others weeping but they are overpowered by the yelling. There’s confusion.

These are the sounds of the past.

A horrible act that was born from a hatred of government and country.

Today I visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum. The location of the Oklahoma City bombing. It was an emotional experience to see the devastation. It was also a moment in our history in which we came together as Americans. I had forgotten how many Agencies and States worked together each playing a key role in bringing a domestic terrorist to justice.

I look around me today and read some of the social media or listen to the news and there is such a high degree of hate being promoted against our government and the men and women who serve our country....... AND each other. We have become teams rather than Americans. I worry what the impact and outcome of this hatred will lead to.

Bldg OK.jpg

Ground Zero_OK.jpg

FBI_OK.jpg
    Last edited by Trish; 09-20-2018 at 06:30 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-21-2018),Common (09-21-2018)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,516x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I cross the street walk several blocks take a left and walk 4 more blocks up a comfortable incline. As I approach my destination I slow my pace and stop to look at the fence riddled with notes, stuffed animals, shirts, caps, trinkets and pictures.

I continue a bit further until I’m at the building entrance. I go inside pay for my ticket enter the elevator and push 2. As the elevator door tings open and I walk out I’m assaulted with voices and sounds. Some are talking, others weeping but they are overpowered by the yelling. There’s confusion.

These are the sounds of the past.

A horrible act that was born from a hatred of government and country.

Today I visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum. The location of the Oklahoma City bombing. It was an emotional experience to see the devastation. It was also a moment in our history in which we came together as Americans. I had forgotten how many Agencies and States worked together each playing a key role in bringing a domestic terrorist to justice.

I look around me today and read some of the social media or listen to the news and there is such a high degree of hate being promoted against our government and the men and women who serve our country....... AND each other. We have become teams rather than Americans. I worry what the impact and outcome of this hatred will lead to.

Attachment 24362

Attachment 24363

Attachment 24364
    McVeigh turned into what he despised ( not uncommon) a murder of the innocent.

+ Reply to Thread