Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,263x in 20,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    There is no way to spin or sugar-coat it that doesn't reek of partisanship and willful blindness. Trump's words mark him as an individual who understands nothing about traumatic reactions, memory or personal relationships, and cares less. Like him or not, support him or not - his words are cringe-worthy and should be an embarrassment to every American.
    Trump in the running for SCOTUS? I thought this was about Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings.......ma bad. I guess...............
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Trump: Ford would have gone to the police if the attack 'was as bad as she says' - CNN

Ignore that this is Donald Trump, that it is in relation to Kavanaugh, and ignore that the accuser is Ford (and the situation). Focus on the statement. It is important to ignore the exact scenario and consider the comment because it is that sort of comment that contributes to stereotypes and underreporting of sexual assaults. I wouldn't even put Trump into the field of discussion because his statement is what a lot of people think when they are faced with sexual assault.

This is sort of a good example of rape culture and the problems that exist which prevents properly handling the issue of sexual assault. There is this general idea that if an assault is vicious enough it is legitimate and that assaults where there is less physical harm are not sexual assault. There is also a pervasive opinion about who would go to the police and why which is often erroneous. Suggesting that it couldn't have been that bad if someone did not go to the police is an example of both of those things.

Ah, "rape culture".

Nothing will perpetrate "rape culture" than the automatic conviction of everyone accused, usually falsely, of "rape".

If the assault is so minor that the alleged self-proclaimed "victim" can't be a REAL WOMAN and fight it immediately, maybe we need to rethink the myth that women are emotionally mature independently capable creatures who can face adversity just like men can.

I mean, we have MANY nationally covered cases of females screeching "rape" when they are, in fact, LIARS. But we are supposed to ALWAYS believe the victim...unless the accused is a prominent Rodent, like Senator Menendez.

No, there are too many cases of convenience, of lying females filing false reports to EVER condone the presumption of guilt. Not even when the lying $#@! is lying about a candidate for the Supreme Court that the Rodents are desperate to derail.

We remember Clarence Thomas and that lying used condom Anita Hill quite well, thank you.

And the word "rape" doesn't mean what it used to, either.

YOU are discussing "rape" on a Kavanaugh thread.

What did that lying bimbo accuse him of? Groping, at the worst. Not rape.

YOU have denigrated the term rape, discounted it to mean "simple assault".

Bimbos today can claim "rape" if they wake up after a drunken revel and discover their bedmate was much handsomer when the lights were dim and the blood alcohol was illegally high.

That isn't rape. That's called "what a tramp".

What are we supposed to think of the imaginary Rodent Rape Culture when prominent tabloid trash-zines like Rolling Stone push a fake rape case at some college, embarrassing the entire country to the entire world?

Rape isn't the crime it used to be. Rape is a big yawn, now.

Just take Bill Clinton's advice, and when you hear "rape", just "put a little ice on that".

We have famous prostitutes like Meryl Streep whining about how she earned her millions, by selling her scrawny and manly body to Tubbo-Lard Weinstein. She wasn't assaulted. She wasn't abused. She CONSENTED. Which makes her a prostitute, which is a crime, and she's no victim at all.

So, no, I WILL NOT "believe the victim".

I WILL use my sense and presume the accused is innocent, NO MATTER HOW HEINOUS THE ACCUSATION, and wait for EVIDENCE to establish the truth.

The truth in the Ford Assault Fantasy against Kavanaugh is that ALL of the parties the victim named as witnesses and participants completely deny the accusation. Not only is there no corroborating witnesses, not only is there no physical evidence, the alleged "victim" can't even recall WHAT YEAR the imagined event occurred.

It can't be very "traumatic" if she can't remember it. People who are really assaulted, people who are really raped, people who are really terrified, the event is flashed into their memories like a klieg light.

I remember almost getting mugged in front of my high school one evening in November, 1978. It was a Thursday. I had picked up my cash pay from the grocery store I worked at and had to ride my bike back up the hill to the school because I'd forgotten my calculus book. Had a hot date with a green-eyed blonde that evening. Being a genius has perks.

When I exited the school I unlocked the bike. The lock was a standard Master key-lock, with a heavy chain slipped inside a piece of inner-tube. As I'd dug my key out of my pocket, I dropped $64 dollars on the ground, which I recovered and stuffed back in my front pocket. Right front. Three brave young peeps-of-color saw the money fall and ambled over from where they were sitting. By that time I'd had the chain and lock wrapped around the seat post.

The bicycle was a new Royce-Union ten-speed, green, with aluminum alloy cranks and ram-horn handle bars. Nice bike.

So these fine set of pox approached and the leader said "give me some money".

"No. I don't have any."

"You lie, we saw it."

"Y'ain't getting none."

Then they spread out a little and the box POC says "well, what are you going to do if we take it?"

And I said, "$#@! (but didn't use punctuation). Well, okay, if you have to, I guess we must."

Then I pulled my razor-blade box cutter out of my pocket and said "let's go."

Then the pox left.

People remember real trauma in DETAIL.

Ford is a liar.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    There is no way to spin or sugar-coat it that doesn't reek of partisanship and willful blindness. Trump's words mark him as an individual who understands nothing about traumatic reactions, memory or personal relationships, and cares less. Like him or not, support him or not - his words are cringe-worthy and should be an embarrassment to every American.
    I LIKE him.

You can cringe.

But as a real American, I applaud much of what he says and the way he says it.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Ah, "rape culture".

Nothing will perpetrate "rape culture" than the automatic conviction of everyone accused, usually falsely, of "rape".

If the assault is so minor that the alleged self-proclaimed "victim" can't be a REAL WOMAN and fight it immediately, maybe we need to rethink the myth that women are emotionally mature independently capable creatures who can face adversity just like men can.

I mean, we have MANY nationally covered cases of females screeching "rape" when they are, in fact, LIARS. But we are supposed to ALWAYS believe the victim...unless the accused is a prominent Rodent, like Senator Menendez.

No, there are too many cases of convenience, of lying females filing false reports to EVER condone the presumption of guilt. Not even when the lying $#@! is lying about a candidate for the Supreme Court that the Rodents are desperate to derail.

We remember Clarence Thomas and that lying used condom Anita Hill quite well, thank you.

Bimbos today can claim "rape" if they wake up after a drunken revel and discover their bedmate was much handsomer when the lights were dim and the blood alcohol was illegally high.

What are we supposed to think of the imaginary Rodent Rape Culture when prominent tabloid trash-zines like Rolling Stone push a fake rape case at some college, embarrassing the entire country to the entire world?

Just take Bill Clinton's advice, and when you hear "rape", just "put a little ice on that".

We have famous prostitutes like Meryl Streep whining about how she earned her millions, by selling her scrawny and manly body to Tubbo-Lard Weinstein. She wasn't assaulted. She wasn't abused. She CONSENTED. Which makes her a prostitute, which is a crime, and she's no victim at all.

I WILL use my sense and presume the accused is innocent, NO MATTER HOW HEINOUS THE ACCUSATION, and wait for EVIDENCE to establish the truth.

The truth in the Ford Assault Fantasy against Kavanaugh is that ALL of the parties the victim named as witnesses and participants completely deny the accusation. Not only is there no corroborating witnesses, not only is there no physical evidence, the alleged "victim" can't even recall WHAT YEAR the imagined event occurred.

It can't be very "traumatic" if she can't remember it. People who are really assaulted, people who are really raped, people who are really terrified, the event is flashed into their memories like a klieg light.

I remember almost getting mugged in front of my high school one evening in November, 1978. It was a Thursday. I had picked up my cash pay from the grocery store I worked at and had to ride my bike back up the hill to the school because I'd forgotten my calculus book. Had a hot date with a green-eyed blonde that evening. Being a genius has perks.

When I exited the school I unlocked the bike. The lock was a standard Master key-lock, with a heavy chain slipped inside a piece of inner-tube. As I'd dug my key out of my pocket, I dropped $64 dollars on the ground, which I recovered and stuffed back in my front pocket. Right front. Three brave young peeps-of-color saw the money fall and ambled over from where they were sitting. By that time I'd had the chain and lock wrapped around the seat post.

The bicycle was a new Royce-Union ten-speed, green, with aluminum alloy cranks and ram-horn handle bars. Nice bike.

"No. I don't have any."

"You lie, we saw it."

"Y'ain't getting none."

Then they spread out a little and the box POC says "well, what are you going to do if we take it?"

And I said, "$#@! (but didn't use punctuation). Well, okay, if you have to, I guess we must."

Then the pox left.

Ford is a liar.
    You have some serious issues with regards to women.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    Or she would have told someone instead of waiting 30 years to suddenly remember it with a therapist (who Ford now disagrees with what she told her).

If it was traumatic, she would remember where it happened.
    my guess is that she invented the event with the therapist to gain sympathy from the 'pist against her "partner". In a word, she lied to her therapist, too.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    You have some serious issues with regards to women.

Because I expect them to be honest and forthright?

Silly me, I thought they believed they were superior to men, and men do honesty and forthrightness without a struggle.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 2,023
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    I can see how you can ignore Trump... He is a 3rd party and a moron. But how can you ignore the accuser? Staunch democrat that hasn't spoken out on this in decades only now decides to go public because the individual she is accusing is up for the Supreme Court.

The fact is the mere suggestion of sexual assault is enough to destroy a life let alone a career. How much power do we give to those who are willing to wield it with evidence or not?
    I am saying to focus on the statement only. The victim would have gone to the police if it was as bad as she says. Ignore the rest - that comment shows many problems that are common in society and contribute to rape culture and complications like underreporting and revictimization. I do not even fully blame Trump for saying it because it is something that a lot of people think when someone says they were assaulted (and I am not referring to people who come out of the woodwork 20 years later in political environments).

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,473x in 36,448 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rape culture? Ade, you're an intelligent woman. A little credulous here and a little naive there but you're smart. Do you honestly believe rape is something that has been normalized?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,875
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,930x in 8,808 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Ah, "rape culture".

"No. I don't have any."

"You lie, we saw it."

"Y'ain't getting none."

Then the pox left.

Ford is a liar.
    Nonsense. You don't get to decide what traumatizes people based on what traumatizes you. I can't remember the third grade, but I remember being mugged in detail. Every person is different. My 3rd-grade teacher emotionally traumatized me, so I have blocked those memories. Being mugged scared me but didn't traumatize me. It might have traumatized someone else.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    William's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,818x in 1,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't seem too complicated to me - either it happened, and even though he was 17 (and not an adult) at the time, she was only 15 (not at the age of consent) when it happened (if it did). AFIK, having sex of any kind (it doesn't have to be rape) with someone under the age of consent, is a crime in any society - mainly cos a kid, even if he/she wants it, cannot legally give consent. So if it happened (and that's up to the courts to decide - not us,) he should get a penalty and a record, and should not be made a judge in the highest court in the land.

People who know about these things (lawyers) seem to think a conviction is very unlikely, given the length of time and the lack of evidence/witnesses. But I don't think we can say this definitely did not happen, and I think it is unfair to dismiss accusations by women just cos it happened a long time ago, and any unwanted sex act should be punished, especially if against a minor.

But having said all that - he was like 17 at the time, (and sex is a big deal at our age,) and he may not have known her age - so it shouldn't be treated like an old guy raping a little girl. I'm not saying what he did was OK, nor am I saying it didn't happen, or that it didn't affect her - but what 'groping' means in that instance is important to any decisions made. Nevertheless, he should be cleared of any hint of suspicion if he is going to be made a High Court judge.
    Oh, I wish I were a glow worm,
    for a glow worm's never glum,
    'cause how can you be grumpy
    when the sun shines out your bum!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to William For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (09-22-2018)

+ Reply to Thread