User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IT’S OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Vote Set for Monday

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    'Rodents' ? People you disagree with are now rodents, how nice is that, are you a Christian too, thank God you're not a rodent huh. Is voting the party line now a patriotic act or is it something else.

"Evil when we are in its power is not felt as evil, but as necessity." Simone Weil

"Humans universally make Us/Them dichotomies along lines of race, ethnicity, gender, language group, religion, age, socioeconomic status, and so on. And it’s not a pretty picture. We do so with remarkable speed and neurobiological efficiency; have complex taxonomies and classifications of ways in which we denigrate Thems; do so with a versatility that ranges from the minutest of microaggression to bloodbaths of savagery; and regularly decide what is inferior about Them based on pure emotion, followed by primitive rationalizations that we mistake for rationality. Pretty depressing."

http://nautil.us/issue/49/the-absurd...s-other-people

Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst' by Robert M. Sapolsky

"The trouble with Eichmann was precisely that so many were like him, and that the many were neither perverted nor sadistic, that they were, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal. From the viewpoint of our legal institutions and of our moral standards of judgment, this normality was much more terrifying than all the atrocities put together." Hannah Arendt
    Now that is funny.....you drop in and call all Repubs, Snowflakes but your complaining about someone calling the Demos rodents.

Hypocrite much?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Vote no longer set for Monday. Grassley caved.
    It wasn’t even set last night. The OP lied.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (09-22-2018)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,958x in 55,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Well hopefully there wont be too many turncoats like flake
    I predict that the Republicans will fold and they will abandon Kavanaugh.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Rodents' ? People you disagree with are now rodents, how nice is that, are you a Christian too, thank God you're not a rodent huh. Is voting the party line now a patriotic act or is it something else.

"Evil when we are in its power is not felt as evil, but as necessity." Simone Weil

"Humans universally make Us/Them dichotomies along lines of race, ethnicity, gender, language group, religion, age, socioeconomic status, and so on. And it’s not a pretty picture. We do so with remarkable speed and neurobiological efficiency; have complex taxonomies and classifications of ways in which we denigrate Thems; do so with a versatility that ranges from the minutest of microaggression to bloodbaths of savagery; and regularly decide what is inferior about Them based on pure emotion, followed by primitive rationalizations that we mistake for rationality. Pretty depressing."

http://nautil.us/issue/49/the-absurd...s-other-people

Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst' by Robert M. Sapolsky

"The trouble with Eichmann was precisely that so many were like him, and that the many were neither perverted nor sadistic, that they were, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal. From the viewpoint of our legal institutions and of our moral standards of judgment, this normality was much more terrifying than all the atrocities put together." Hannah Arendt
    A crying emoticon is all you needed to post instead of that blather professor.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I agree; I believe that Trump will dump Cavanaugh and make another nomination, quite possibly a woman who is a conservative.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Robo's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 401x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait till the Democrats tell the New York Times about this

Judge Andrew Napolitano of Fox News fame, on the air, just handed the Democrats their next tactical attack on Judge Kavanaugh guaranteed to push the stalled confirmation past the midterm election. He unwittingly told the Democrats watching Fox that Dr. Ford and her (Hillary lawyers) can now take Ford to Maryland, (the scene of the alleged crime) and file charges against Kavanaugh for sexual assault, where there is no statute of limitations. Thereby forcing Maryland’s law enforcement to investigate and possibly prosecute him for the alleged crime. Thereby placing any vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation by Senate Republicans in jeopardy for however long it takes to investigate the charge and or possibly prosecute it.
    Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The Bigger the government the greater the force and the greater the corruption.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Rodents' ? People you disagree with are now rodents,
    No, they're not Rodents now.

They've always been Rodents.

I didn't make them and carry no responsibilities to them. They're their own disaster area, and it's their fault for being ignorant lying pieces of trash that want to steal everything, nailed down or not.

how nice is that,
    It's very nice. Thank you for asking, the feedback from my campaign is nice when it's as positive as yours.

are you a Christian too,
    No, of course not.

That would totally wreck my pro-life anti-abortion positions if I held them because of FEELINGS.

Rodents base their arguments on feelings, like you apparently do, too.

You're just unhappy that you don't have any rational arguments to post to counter my reality-based pronouncements.

I could say it sucks to be you, but I wouldn't know, and I'm glad of it.

thank God you're not a rodent huh. Is voting the party line now a patriotic act or is it something else.
    Voting Rodent is treason. That much is transparent.

Then you post some empty quotes that I can freely ignore, since thoughts not expressed in your own words are not your own thoughts.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    They can't afford to.

They lose control of the Senate if they cave.

They lose any ability to confirm ANY of Trump's judicial nominations if they give up on this one.

Then again, Flake is a Rodent, not a Republican.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,958x in 55,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    They can't afford to.

They lose control of the Senate if they cave.

They lose any ability to confirm ANY of Trump's judicial nominations if they give up on this one.

Then again, Flake is a Rodent, not a Republican.
    The Republicans have a long history of caving in. Nearly every one of them ran on the promise to eliminate the ACA. As soon as they gained the majority they abandoned that promise.

The only time I can remember them not caving in was on the Garland nomination.

They are going to abandon kavanaugh and ask Trump to withdraw his nomination.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    It wasn’t even set last night. The OP lied.
    Yes, it was set.

Kavanaugh accuser agrees to testify.....

The woman who accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her in high school agreed Saturday to testify in advance of a scheduled vote to advance his nomination to the Supreme Court.

“Dr. Ford accepts the Committee’s request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual misconduct next week,” Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys, Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, informed the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has been negotiating with Ford’s attorneys about the conditions under which she might testify to the committee. In the email to the committee, her attorneys referred to a Friday proposal as “fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee’s promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations," and said they "are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process."

But, they said, "we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details” and asked for time later Saturday afternoon to continue negotiations.

No details were immediately available on when Ford might appear, a previous point of contention between the two sides.

Her team had previously missed a series of deadlines to come to an agreement, leading Grassley to call for a final answer by 2:30 on Saturday; if she wouldn’t accept an invitation to appear on Wednesday, he would proceed with a plan to vote Kavanaugh out of committee on Monday.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ees-to-testify
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread