User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Lawmaker Quits Campaign After Daughter Says He Inappropriately Touched Her

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota Lawmaker Quits Campaign After Daughter Says He Inappropriately Touched Her

Minnesota State Representative Jim Knoblach, 60, has halted his campaign for re-election due to allegations of inappropriate touching of her for over 10 years. Knoblach rejects his daughter, Laura's claim that he "molested" her for over 12 years and is not prepared for 6 weeks of fighting publicly with his daughter to defend himself and put his entire family through a very uncomfortable public spotlight.

Jim Knoblach, the eight-term Republican state representative from Minnesota, ended his re-election campaign on Friday after his adult daughter alleged he had inappropriately touched her over the course of 12 years, dating back to the time she was a child.In a statement on Facebook, Knoblach, 60, denied the allegations, calling them “extremely hurtful and untrue.”“I love my children more than anything, and would never do anything to hurt them,” Knoblach wrote. “Her allegations are false.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173523287.html
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fall on the side of the daughter, kids dont make this stuff up about their dads "mos" of the time.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-23-2018),gamewell45 (09-23-2018)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,987
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,640x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Minnesota State Representative Jim Knoblach, 60, has halted his campaign for re-election due to allegations of inappropriate touching of her for over 10 years. Knoblach rejects his daughter, Laura's claim that he "molested" her for over 12 years and is not prepared for 6 weeks of fighting publicly with his daughter to defend himself and put his entire family through a very uncomfortable public spotlight.

Jim Knoblach, the eight-term Republican state representative from Minnesota, ended his re-election campaign on Friday after his adult daughter alleged he had inappropriately touched her over the course of 12 years, dating back to the time she was a child.In a statement on Facebook, Knoblach, 60, denied the allegations, calling them “extremely hurtful and untrue.”“I love my children more than anything, and would never do anything to hurt them,” Knoblach wrote. “Her allegations are false.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173523287.html
    I hope it "dated back to the time she was a child". I hope she wasn't allowing it as an adult! Interesting timing though.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I hope it "dated back to the time she was a child". I hope she wasn't allowing it as an adult! Interesting timing though.
    Yes I agree with the timing being suspicious however if I understood the article correctly, the daughter filed a complaint with the PD who investigated and brought no charges against Knoblach so its not like it was something hidden, just that his daugther never brought it to the news until now. It's quite possible that there is more to the story then what we've learned frrom the press but nonetheless it's interesting of her timing, perhaps we'll learn more in the coming weeks even though he's dropped out of the race.. I'm assuming he just doesn't want to put his entire family through all of this.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daughters rarely make up things like this. It is a stigma that never goes away. It's not fair but this type of sexual assault also makes the child look bad.

That is the second biggest problem with abuse of children. They won't lie about it but they also won't report it. (Usually)
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daughters rarely make up things like this. It is a stigma that never goes away. It's not fair but this type of sexual assault also makes the child look bad.

The timing in this case comes from being ignored. This girl asked for help and apparently didn't get it.

That is the second biggest problem with abuse of children. They won't lie about it but they also won't report it. (Usually)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very convenient all these allegations coming out right at midterms and also quite suspect.

I believe the metoo movement is going to go the way of the race card only much sooner and faster than the race card did.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Lummy (09-23-2018)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,586x in 55,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m less suspicious of a daughter making an allegation against her father than I am an adult woman making an accusation more than 30 later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-23-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,475x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post

Children are easily manipulated and it works both ways. They can be manipulated into believing that inappropriate sexual contact with a parent or sibling should be kept secret and they can also be manipulated into believing that what may be perfectly normal parental affection is really something and insidious. Many, many times, therapists for example, have convinced people they have recovered lost memories of abuse, when in reality, those "memories" were actually implanted by the therapist. Kids are also easily influenced by current cultural trends, like "me too" movement.

There is of course always the fact that a great and simple way to get vengeance on someone for real or perceived wrongs is to just accuse him of sexual abuse. No proof is required to ruin somebody's life. All you need is the accusation.

I have no idea what did or didn't happen in this case, but it is obvious that this person's political career is ruined because of an unproven accusation.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Children are easily manipulated and it works both ways. They can be manipulated into believing that inappropriate sexual contact with a parent or sibling should be kept secret and they can also be manipulated into believing that what may be perfectly normal parental affection is really something and insidious. Many, many times, therapists for example, have convinced people they have recovered lost memories of abuse, when in reality, those "memories" were actually implanted by the therapist. Kids are also easily influenced by current cultural trends, like "me too" movement.

There is of course always the fact that a great and simple way to get vengeance on someone for real or perceived wrongs is to just accuse him of sexual abuse. No proof is required to ruin somebody's life. All you need is the accusation.

I have no idea what did or didn't happen in this case, but it is obvious that this person's political career is ruined because of an unproven accusation.
    I stick to my original statement. Young girls rarely make sexual abuse up. If anything, they not only don't talk about it but will deny it. That some children have been manipulated doesn't change my "rarely" statement.

I'm limiting this to young girls aged less than 10 or so. It rarely starts after that. Most of the things I have read say just that. It starts early so the girl thinks it's just a little secret between her and daddy.

A 15 year old girl isn't a young girl.

+ Reply to Thread