The thing with life is to make things special that are easy to access. I often lie on my bed not thinking of life, forgetting about my problems, and, for a moment every now and then, thinking of the cold side of my pillow. This leads to the mattress, that supports me, and, that I enjoy too. This is a simple joy, and, you can lie there any time you want, yes? This is easy to get to, so, nobody minds. Then it is always there for you, so you can depend on it. You can bank on your bed. Things like people, well, they are animated so will defy you more than the bed, but, you will get to see them appreciating your company and then get some emotional satisfaction. Thing is worrying about what others think makes you crawling to them, are you listening to them, waiting for your turn to speak - this means nobody is listening, and, that they detect. This makes it a shouting contest, or, one will listen, yes? Then, both will listen unless one is selfish. Then, you need something new to talk about, as this will get boring, yes? The art of appreciation lies in the thanking for it. Why not be thankful? This is a submission thing, control is successful or stressful.