User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players again protest on Sunday, week 3.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread fail. Don't give a $#@! about the protests. I'm completely against police brutality, just wish the players were more tactful in their approach and more coherent about their goal.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffishragabash View Post
    Do you think it is fair to equate his value system, to yours? Especially if he's within the Rights of the 'franchise tag' clause. I believe he is free from fines until up to week 7.

Just because $900K a week does not move Bell to report to work, like it moves you to report to work...does that somehow make it fair to criticize Bell??
    Fair question but that wasn't the crux of my response

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Raffishragabash's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 86x in 75 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    Thread fail. Don't give a $#@! about the protests. I'm completely against police brutality, just wish the players were more tactful in their approach and more coherent about their goal.
    I think the current society's anger, shows the players were very tactful and effective in their strategy IMHO. A strategy which recently caused wealthy Caucasian NFL team owners, to agree to dedicate $90-million to anti police-brutality programs and efforts.

And most notably, look at how Kaepernick walked away from his 49ers contract/left $32-million on the table, during this effort. And via NIKE that decision has morphed him into Pop Icon status, forever, thanks to him being the quint martyr in the players cause.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raffishragabash For This Useful Post:

Safety (10-30-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 86x in 75 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Fair question but that wasn't the crux of my response
    If its fair questioning, why did you refuse to answer?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If its fair questioning, why did you refuse to answer?
    Because it wasn't relevant to the point I made.

In comparison while I do very well I dont make a grotesque amount of money in a couple of weeks more than most people do in a lifetime and whine about being oppressed.

Or make ridiculous demonstrations at my job site.

Privileged punks, those who truly want justice and equality should be offended at these posers and I believe most really aren't interested in justice and equality, they just want to cheerleaders and be dicks.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 86x in 75 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you would do yourself a great service to remember that players do not look through the same lens we look through, about money, because this is our entertainment but it is their occupation which they also put their life/their health on the line for.

So when people making that type of money, put it all on the line just to protest how Blacks are unfairly treated, then that is extraordinary! Like I said about how Kaepernick loves Black people so much...

he walked away from his 49ers contract/left $32-million on the table, during this effort. And via NIKE that decision has morphed him into Pop Icon status, forever, thanks to him being the quint martyr in the players cause.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 86x in 75 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Privileged punks... I believe most really aren't interested in justice and equality, they just want to cheerleaders and be dicks.
    ROFL

...oh, so that was the strategy/the mindset they used when they recently got NFL team-owners to dedicate $90-million to anti police-brutality programs and efforts??

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the current society's anger, shows the players were very tactful and effective in their strategy IMHO. A strategy which recently caused wealthy Caucasian NFL team owners, to agree to dedicate $90-million to anti police-brutality programs and efforts.

And most notably, look at how Kaepernick walked away from his 49ers contract/left $32-million on the table, during this effort. And via NIKE that decision has morphed him into Pop Icon status, forever, thanks to him being the quint martyr in the players cause.
    That's really just putting a band-aid on the problem though. 90 mil to do what? Police are still going to assault civilians and will still get away with it. Until prosecutors don't protect them blindly and they actually get prosecuted for their crimes, then nothing has changed. The fact that the narrative is about how they're $#@!ting on the flag and not police brutality shows that they've failed in their goal.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you would do yourself a great service to remember that players do not look through the same lens we look through, about money, because this is our entertainment but it is their occupation which they also put their life/their health on the line for.

So when people making that type of money, put it all on the line just to protest how Blacks are unfairly treated, then that is extraordinary! Like I said about how Kaepernick loves Black people so much...

he walked away from his 49ers contract/left $32-million on the table, during this effort. And via NIKE that decision has morphed him into Pop Icon status, forever, thanks to him being the quint martyr in the players cause.
    Disagreed. I am doing a great service by being honest and respecting those who do real work and those who make real sacrifices. Punks like players are an insult to movements. Privileged attention $#@!s.

Kaepernick loves Kaepernick, he wouldn't know oppression if it kicked him in his punk ass.

Walked away... he made a pariah out of himself, most of our society rejects pointless political pandering.

He signed a Nike contract for himself and himself only because he realizes his days as a player are over.

I'm not going to get into a debate over you kissing Kaepernick's ass but I will make the point that these punks like Kaepernick and Bell can be punks because of fools like you and ticked/merchandise buyers.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 86x in 75 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walked away... he made a pariah out of himself, most of our society rejects pointless political pandering.
    Again you have made a claim which is not based, in logic, since the season of his national anthem protest was the season which ended with his contract having a 'player option' for allegedly 2yrs but for sure 30+million dollars, I repeat, a players' option. And he refused to exercise his option.

Which legally means, he walked away from the contract and left $32-million on the table ---while knowing ahead of time, that likely no team would ever sign him.

He said fighting against police brutality, was more important than hanging around the 49ers locker room for the next 2yrs getting $30-million for doing nothing but be kept behind the scenes.

Which means you are namecalling a selfless person who did something which your selfish, wicked heart prevents you from ever dreaming of doing.
    Last edited by Raffishragabash; 10-30-2018 at 01:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread