Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China Rejects U.S. Warship’s Visit to Hong Kong as Tensions Rise

BEIJING — China rejected a request by an American warship to make a port visit to Hong Kong next month, officials said on Tuesday, as tensions between the two countries flared on military as well as economic fronts.
    The cancellation of a planned visit by the Wasp, an amphibious assault ship carrying a contingent of Marines, followed China’s decision to recall a senior admiral who was in the United States for a naval conference this week.
    Both actions were prompted by a Trump administration decision to impose sanctions on a Chinese state military company linked to the People’s Liberation Army for buying weapons from Russia. Although the economic impact of the American action on the Chinese remains unclear, the vehemence of Beijing’s response suggested that the move stung.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D2U?li=BBnb7Kz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-26-2018)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is winning. The are getting flustered
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-27-2018)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Trump is winning. The are getting flustered
    Maybe......but is he winning the battle or the war? I guess we'll find out sometime down the road.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it differently. I see it that the world is getting tired of being bullied and they have decided they dont need to cow down to us anymore and they are moving forward without us. China said that they wont negotiate with a knife to their neck. People dont like being stong armed and bullied.

And at the UN when Trump bragged about how he's done more than any other president, they laughed at him. In my opinion that is not winning. That is just me, thats how I see it anyways. I see that the world has lost the respect for our nation. We are not only isolating our nation it is more than that. We are also trying to force other nations to do business with us, and telling them how they can and cant do business. It is really strange behavior for a president. Our president is supposed to be dignified and upright. Yeah what else can I say?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,535x in 2,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I see it differently. I see it that the world is getting tired of being bullied and they have decided they dont need to cow down to us anymore and they are moving forward without us. China said that they wont negotiate with a knife to their neck. People dont like being stong armed and bullied.

And at the UN when Trump bragged about how he's done more than any other president, they laughed at him. In my opinion that is not winning. That is just me, thats how I see it anyways. I see that the world has lost the respect for our nation. We are not only isolating our nation it is more than that. We are also trying to force other nations to do business with us, and telling them how they can and cant do business. It is really strange behavior for a president. Our president is supposed to be dignified and upright. Yeah what else can I say?
    This is one of Trumps miscalculations IMO. He was known in his business ventures to be a bully and unyielding for the most part. That doesn't work in international relations. He wants to run things like a business, and views things as a zero sum game. As you say I guess we'll see if it works long term.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ripmeister For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-26-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,482x in 15,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmeister View Post
    This is one of Trumps miscalculations IMO. He was known in his business ventures to be a bully and unyielding for the most part. That doesn't work in international relations. He wants to run things like a business, and views things as a zero sum game. As you say I guess we'll see if it works long term.
    We are the world's largest economy. International relations is all about business. Everything comes back to commerce and prosperity.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-27-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    We are the world's largest economy. International relations is all about business. Everything comes back to commerce and prosperity.
    Too bad Trump threw international relations in the wood chipper eh!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad Trump threw international relations in the wood chipper eh!
    He has done nothing of the sort.

Every move he has made on the international front has been calculated and is achieving the desired results.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-27-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    He has done nothing of the sort.

Every move he has made on the international front has been calculated and is achieving the desired results.
    He is making enemies with the entire world. China are Russia and 57 nations and the UN participated in war games in a show of force against us. He has destroyed relations with the world. They are preparing to move forward and leave us to our own crap, we are becoming a terrorist nation,and strong arming the world trying to force them to do business with us.

Russia and the EU have had a deal in the works for a long time that Russia is going to supply the EU with natural liquid gas. They are already building the pipeline. But Trump has said that they cant sell their gas to the EU and has stepped in and said he will not approve it and sanction their trading partners, and put new sanctions on Iran. He did this because he wants to sell US liquid natural gas the EU. He told Americans that we were going to plunder our resources in order to use them for ourselves to become energy independent but instead he is trying to sell our resources to the world.

We will be depleted in no time at all. He told Russia the reason that they cant move forward with their pipeline is that he wants the EU to get fair energy prices. But our prices would be far higher than Russia's, because we would have to ship it. It is just ridiculous. He is trying to force other nations to do business with us exactly how he wants it with no compromises. I think the world is not going to put up with it for much longer. He is already the laughing stock of the world. He ruining our nation, and our international relations.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is making enemies with the entire world. China are Russia and 57 nations and the UN participated in war games in a show of force against us. He has destroyed relations with the world. They are preparing to move forward and leave us to our own crap, we are becoming a terrorist nation,and strong arming the world trying to force them to do business with us.
    Horse$#@!. Do you think China and Russia were EVER our friends?

Russia and the EU have had a deal in the works for a long time that Russia is going to supply the EU with natural liquid gas. They are already building the pipeline. But Trump has said that they cant sell their gas to the EU and has stepped in and said he will not approve it and sanction their trading partners, and put new sanctions on Iran. He did this because he wants to sell US liquid natural gas the EU. He told Americans that we were going to plunder our resources in order to use them for ourselves to become energy independent but instead he is trying to sell our resources to the world.
    It is pretty obvious your grasp of the forces driving geopolitics is nonexistent.

We will be depleted in no time at all. He told Russia the reason that they cant move forward with their pipeline is that he wants the EU to get fair energy prices. But our prices would be far higher than Russia's, because we would have to ship it. It is just ridiculous. He is trying to force other nations to do business with us exactly how he wants it with no compromises. I think the world is not going to put up with it for much longer. He is already the laughing stock of the world. He ruining our nation, and our international relations.
    The President is far from being "laughing stock of the world". He is doing what Obama would not and could not do... put US interests first in his foreign policy and international trade agreements.

Obama was a fool and a coward and should never have been President. He left Trump a major mess to clean up. Fortunately, Trump seems up to the task. It will take time, but he'll get it done.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-27-2018)

+ Reply to Thread