Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    Just took a surrendered kitty to the hospital which will cost big bucks. Quit eating after given antibiotics. Run a rescue but self funded.
    Darn, I sure hope the kitty gets better. Can you set something up to get donations locally to fund your rescue? I know what you mean here. I once rescued a baby kitty that needed surgery. I was flat broke at the time, and that surgery cost 500 bucks but I paid it anyways. A life is precious. That kitty didn't make it. But I wouldn't change having tried.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (10-03-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took a surrendered kitty to the hospital which will cost big bucks. Quit eating after given antibiotics. Run a rescue but self funded.
    Any updates on the kitten?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Aw snap 4 $#@!atiels. I have one he is crazy as heck. He is like 20 years old. I have had him a long time. I once had two $#@!atiels that was crazy, I cant imagine 4. I had 2 rescue sparrows and 2 $#@!atiels. Those guys were like little kids and would go about tearing the house up. I made the mistake of not rolling up the vacuum cleaner cord and they ate clean through it. It was shocking. I let them play up on the landing on the second floor and just run around they would try to chew through drywall, and they were trying to eat the wooden railing. I tell you what it was a constant battle. I often wonder if we were really meant to have those guys in our homes ha ha ha.

I find what my bird loves to do the most, is anything that you tell him no on. I love my bird he is so crazy. My bird has some weird fascination with objects. If you give him a cup he will go get close to it and just start talking to it and sing to it. He is also obsessed with me, and does not like to allow me out of his sight like I am his $#@!. He wants to be with me all the time. If I even try to leave the room he screams. So what is it like with 4 of those guys?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw snap 4 $#@!atiels. I have one he is crazy as heck. He is like 20 years old. I have had him a long time. I once had two $#@!atiels that was crazy, I cant imagine 4. I had 2 rescue sparrows and 2 $#@!atiels. Those guys were like little kids and would go about tearing the house up. I made the mistake of not rolling up the vacuum cleaner cord and they ate clean through it. It was shocking. I let them play up on the landing on the second floor and just run around they would try to chew through drywall, and they were trying to eat the wooden railing. I tell you what it was a constant battle. I often wonder if we were really meant to have those guys in our homes ha ha ha.

I find what my bird loves to do the most, is anything that you tell him no on. I love my bird he is so crazy. My bird has some weird fascination with objects. If you give him a cup he will go get close to it and just start talking to it and sing to it. He is also obsessed with me, and does not like to allow me out of his sight like I am his $#@!. He wants to be with me all the time. If I even try to leave the room he screams. So what is it like with 4 of those guys?
    Lol they are not a problem at all. Come on they are small birds. There was one that the owner was afraid of one of them. Yes he would bite and strike blood. He sings me the Andy griffin tune and doesn't bite me. It takes time and patience.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on the kitten?
    Kitty now home and eating.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (10-03-2018),silvereyes (10-02-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kitty now home and eating.
    Thank you for the update. That is good news!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Lol they are not a problem at all. Come on they are small birds. There was one that the owner was afraid of one of them. Yes he would bite and strike blood. He sings me the Andy griffin tune and doesn't bite me. It takes time and patience.
    That is awesome. I am glad that the birds have you. My bird sings the Andy Griffith song too. And some other song of unknown origin. He makes up his own songs. He talks up a storm. He says whole sentences. My bird is really crazy. Every bird is so different.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,089x in 12,284 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the Spring of 2001, a coworker showed up at my office door with a tiny kitten that she'd found wandering around outside. He was black and white, sort of scrawny looking, and probably less than three months old.She asked if I wanted to take him home, and I said, "I don't need another cat". I'd recently lost my best cat buddy of ten years, a big orange tabby named Herschell, to a coyote - that was back before we realized that our cats really needed to be indoor only - and I was still grieving for him; I didn't feel like getting too close to another one right away.

I agreed to keep the kitten in my office till she could "find somebody who wants him", and I walked next door to the dollar store and bought a can of tuna. He ate half the tuna, drank some water and went to sleep under my desk. The coworker didn't return, so I figured, "What the heck" and drove the kitten to the vet. Fearlessly, he rode on my left shoulder, looking out at the world like he'd been riding in cars his whole small life. He tested all negative for the usual diseases, so I got him his shots and - well, I was financially invested in him at this point, so I figured I might as well take him home.

Today, Mooch - named after the cat in the comic strip 'Mutts' - is, at 17 1/2 years old, a big, strong, healthy cat who pretty much rules the house. He's gentle with the other cats - he loves kittens, and immediately becomes "Big Daddy Cat" to any new one that comes into the home - but he tolerates no disrespect. Our two pitbull mixes won't even make eye contact with him. Some nights I'll wake up and he'll be on my pillow, grooming my beard or the back of my head. He knows, even if he's sound asleep in another part of the house, if someone takes some hamburger out of the refrigerator, and he's there demanding a small bowl before it's cooked. The teriyaki beef that comes on a skewer in the appetizer platter from the Chinese takeout is also his.

I had him to the vet for a checkup a couple of months ago, and the vet said that if she didn't know any better she would guess that he's only 7 or 8.

Sometimes I think back to when I said the words, "I don't need another cat" and how wrong I was.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-03-2018),RadioGod (10-03-2018),silvereyes (10-02-2018)

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.....aw! $#@!. Cool story and cattums!!!
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,654x in 2,195 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget how old I was, but I was visiting my parents, and as my Mom was preparing dinner she called me over to the window, on the bottom rung of their bird feeder was the back end of a Purple Finch sticking out of the seed hole. It was completely still, we assumed it was "pushin' up the daisies." I went outside and unscrewed the feeder bottom, I gently pushed aside some bird feed, freeing the bird's head, that little nubbins shot across the yard like it was on fire LOL. I have liberated a couple of bats from their house as well, without hurting them I might add...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-05-2018),Peter1469 (10-05-2018)

+ Reply to Thread