Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animal Rescue stories

I am dedicating this thread to @Orion Rules, Orion gives a constant effort to bring awareness to the plight of the animals of this world. I commend that quality in Orion, and consider Orion to be intelligent and kind.

I wanted to start up a thread on animal rescue stories. Any kind. It does not matter if it is joyful or sad, just anything that meant something to you.

I have been a part of many animal rescues over my lifetime so far. It just happens to be that when I see a being in need I cant hold back in helping. I have one that stands out to me. One time me and another person were outside and I seen a baby duck then I seen a cat and a neighbor came and told me that, that cat was killing some baby ducks. It was true that cat was hunting a mothers baby ducks, had already killed some. We began to search for the remaining baby ducks, we found all of them and put them all in a box. It was difficult because the cat was trying to kill them while we were trying to get them. The mom duck was really freaking out. She was doing everything in her power to attract the cat to come attack her and not her babies. I was trying to capture the mom. It was getting difficult. She was trying to lure the cat away and ran out in front of traffic. I seen cars coming and I threw myself out into the road to stop the cars from hitting that mother duck almost getting hit myself.

I don't remember exactly how but I got that duck into my apartment. Never bring a duck inside of your apartment, I will tell you that right now. I think maybe we lured her in by showing her, her babies. Once she was in the apartment she freaked out and started flying. She was breaking things and flying into the walls . I was able to throw a towel over her. I was able to grab onto her and hold her. I tried to convey to her that we were trying to help her.

She was in the wrong place with her babies I don't know how she ended up in the city like that. So there is this place where we lived it is a huge park and it has a duck pond where tons of ducks live. So we put the babies in the car. I sat in the back seat with the Mother duck in my lap. You have no idea how strong a full grown duck is. It took everything I had to keep her in my lap. I knew if she got loose in the car while we were driving we would be screwed.

But we made it, just barley. We took the mother to the pond and the babies and we released them into the water together. The mom was so surprised. It was a beautiful sight, when we watched them all come together and regroup. The mother was checking on all of her little babies. She looked really grateful.

That was one of the success stories. They don't always turn out so wonderful but that time it did.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (09-30-2018),Orion Rules (09-25-2018),silvereyes (10-02-2018),Standing Wolf (09-29-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lection 21, from "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve"

'Yeshua Rebuketh Cruelty to a Horse

Condemneth the Service of Mammon...'

1. AND it came to pass that the Lord departed from the City and went over the mountains with this disciples. And they came to a mountain whose ways were steep and there they found a man with a beast of burden.

2. But the horse had fallen down, for it was over laden, and he struck it till the blood flowed. And Yeshua went to him and said: "Son of cruelty, why strikest thou thy beast? Seest thou not that it is too weak for its burden, and knowest thou not that it suffereth?"

3. But the man answered and said: "What hast thou to do therewith ? I may strike it as much as it pleaseth me, for it is mine own, and I bought it with a goodly sum of money. Ask them who are with thee, for they are of mine acquaintance and know thereof."

4. And some of the disciples answered and said: Yea, Lord, it is as he saith, We have seen when he bought it. And the Lord said again "See ye not then how it bleedeth, and hear ye not also how it waileth and lamenteth ?" But they answered and said: "Nay, Lord, we hear not that it waileth and lamenteth? "

5. And the Lord was sorrowful, and said: "Woe unto you because of the dulness of your hearts, ye hear not how it lamenteth and crieth unto the heavenly Creator for mercy, but thrice woe unto him against whom it crieth and waileth in its pain."

6. And he went forward and touched it, and the horse stood up, and its wounds were healed. But to the man he said: "Go now thy way and strike it henceforth no more, if thou also desireth to find mercy."

7. AND seeing the people come unto him, Yeshua, said unto his disciples, Because of the sick I am sick; because of the hungry I am hungry; because of the thirsty I am athirst.

8. He also said, I am come to end the sacrifices and feasts of blood, and if ye cease not offering and eating of flesh and blood, the wrath of God shall not cease from you, even as it came to your fathers in the wilderness, who lusted for flesh, and they eat to their content, and were filled with rottenness, and the plague consumed them.

[...]
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-25-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol

I worked with a cat lady who rescued feral cats and neutered them and gave them away. She asked me to help her gather a litter from under a barn and I obliged.

My mistake, I reached under there with bare hands.

I got them, and more lol
    my junk is ugly

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-29-2018),silvereyes (10-02-2018)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took in a feral kitten. Grown now. He's 'nice' to me but nobody else, and still kind of a son of a $#@!.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zachroidott For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-29-2018),silvereyes (10-02-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zachroidott View Post
    I took in a feral kitten. Grown now. He's 'nice' to me but nobody else, and still kind of a son of a $#@!.
    If they spend most of their first year outside they're pretty much dicks for life. I have two cats now that are about a year old. They're both playful and friendly probably because they grew up in a shelter. The cat I had before (died last year) was about a year old when he followed my brother in law home. He didn't like people but tolerated me.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 $#@!atiels and one green cheek. People tend to buy these birds and not pay them any attention or ever let them out of the cage.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-29-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orian Rules is the local kook. No offence to you Orian but you are bat$#@! nuts.... as far as your posts portray anyway.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    4 $#@!atiels and one green cheek. People tend to buy these birds and not pay them any attention or ever let them out of the cage.
    Aw snap 4 $#@!atiels. I have one he is crazy as heck. He is like 20 years old. I have had him a long time. I once had two $#@!atiels that was crazy, I cant imagine 4. I had 2 rescue sparrows and 2 $#@!atiels. Those guys were like little kids and would go about tearing the house up. I made the mistake of not rolling up the vacuum cleaner cord and they ate clean through it. It was shocking. I let them play up on the landing on the second floor and just run around they would try to chew through drywall, and they were trying to eat the wooden railing. I tell you what it was a constant battle. I often wonder if we were really meant to have those guys in our homes ha ha ha.

I find what my bird loves to do the most, is anything that you tell him no on. I love my bird he is so crazy. My bird has some weird fascination with objects. If you give him a cup he will go get close to it and just start talking to it and sing to it. He is also obsessed with me, and does not like to allow me out of his sight like I am his $#@!. He wants to be with me all the time. If I even try to leave the room he screams. So what is it like with 4 of those guys?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (10-02-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought of another crazy rescue story. During the fall they drain the irrigation ditches, and there are small pools of water left in the dips here and there. We had been going on a walk and noticed that those small pools of water were filled with fish with not enough water to survive. Those fish would die for sure. We went home got the car and took a few buckets, we had no idea what a job that was going to be. I used a shirt to try and capture them. The canal was so muddy. My brand new tennis shoes were toast. We were just sinking in the mud. It was kind of a terrible situation. I think we filled two buckets to the brim with as many fish as we could capture. We couldn't get them all.

We drove to the river to release them at a boat dock. The crazy thing is that when we got there and were releasing those fish in the river, there were several other families with buckets of fish that they had also resuced from the canals in different areas of the city. It was pretty cool to see that we were not the only wierdos all covered in mud trying to save some fish from certain death. It was heart warming to see that so many other people cared just as much.

That is probably an unusual rescue story

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,163x in 6,406 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took a surrendered kitty to the hospital which will cost big bucks. Quit eating after given antibiotics. Run a rescue but self funded.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-30-2018)

+ Reply to Thread