Thanks Given
    Thanked 266x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines cheat on Land Nav

From August 28th.

Female Marine, also making counter - accusations from the current political climate. Careers are over I expect.

F.Y.I for all of you USMC folks. ---- M-L

"The Basic School for Marine Officers is reeling from a cheating scandal that involved six second lieutenants accused of wrongfully obtaining and sharing key grid points for the night land navigation course."

"To make matters worse, the investigation of the six second lieutenants was mishandled and resulted in an investigation of the investigators. The episode was further complicated by the alleged illegal confinement of *female officers and allegations of *sexual harassment. In the end, *numerous Marines faced discipline and one Marine’s claims of innocence led to a private polygraph test."

"The six officers accused of cheating are now facing administrative separation and two captains who conducted the initial investigation have received nonpunitive letters of reprimand, or NPLOCs. Meanwhile, top officials at TBS are making some changes to the course to eliminate the chance of similar problems in the future."

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...ltdown-at-tbs/

Major Lambda
    Ab Extra & Sui Generis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Lambda For This Useful Post:

Common (09-26-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,248x in 12,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (09-28-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,578x in 26,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I struggled with in the Marines was land nav at school of infantry. I failed the first time and had to come in on the weekend for a remedial attempt. Then I deployed to SE Asia and then to Iraq and I learned that the map is not your master, but a guide. During SOI, I was paying too much attention to small details on the map and missing the bigger picture. Generally speaking, the best thing to do is to start big and work small. I was doing the opposite. Find a big terrain feature, orient yourself to it, and proceed from there. Don't get bogged down in the details.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Major Lambda's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 266x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The only thing I struggled with in the Marines was land nav at school of infantry. I failed the first time and had to come in on the weekend for a remedial attempt. Then I deployed to SE Asia and then to Iraq and I learned that the map is not your master, but a guide. During SOI, I was paying too much attention to small details on the map and missing the bigger picture. Generally speaking, the best thing to do is to start big and work small. I was doing the opposite. Find a big terrain feature, orient yourself to it, and proceed from there. Don't get bogged down in the details.

Land navigation involves being "One Step Ahead" ( Pace count ) ; know what terrain feature you are on, and what your next, or upcoming terrain feature is. Also , double checking you azimuth with your next landmark , checkpoint, terrain feature.

Major Lambda
    Ab Extra & Sui Generis

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Lambda View Post
    From August 28th.

Female Marine, also making counter - accusations from the current political climate. Careers are over I expect.

F.Y.I for all of you USMC folks. ---- M-L

"The Basic School for Marine Officers is reeling from a cheating scandal that involved six second lieutenants accused of wrongfully obtaining and sharing key grid points for the night land navigation course."

"To make matters worse, the investigation of the six second lieutenants was mishandled and resulted in an investigation of the investigators. The episode was further complicated by the alleged illegal confinement of *female officers and allegations of *sexual harassment. In the end, *numerous Marines faced discipline and one Marine’s claims of innocence led to a private polygraph test."

"The six officers accused of cheating are now facing administrative separation and two captains who conducted the initial investigation have received nonpunitive letters of reprimand, or NPLOCs. Meanwhile, top officials at TBS are making some changes to the course to eliminate the chance of similar problems in the future."

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...ltdown-at-tbs/

Major Lambda
    So a bunch of chics were afraid of getting lost and cheated?

And these are to be officers?

We are done. Doomed.

Learn Arabic, Spanish or Chinese. It will come down to one of these.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

+ Reply to Thread