Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams and premonitions that come true "stories"

I thought I would start another thread. I noticed in the miracles thread that lots of people had dreams and premonitions that come to pass. I thought this would be a fun thread for us.

I have had hundreds of dreams and premonitions that have come true. I have been like that my whole life. I think most people do it. I dont believe in being psychic though. I think it has something to do with our quantum mind and interconectedness to the whole. My dad lives in another state, and I always know when he buys a new house because I will dream about it. When there is something wrong with someone I care about I will dream about it. When any of my sisters were pregnant I would already know about it because I dreamed it.
    I have had dreams of many terror events but I don't ever have enough information to know exactly where it will happen. Since I am not psychic, its not clear enough. That one is not cool.

Just the other day I had a dream that my dad had went to go look at a house to buy, and he put in his offer right away. I woke up and was like wow I think my dad might have found a house. I called him, and told him about my dream and described the house to him. He said I didn't buy a house. Then after like 20 minutes he said you little psychic I did put in an offer on a house. He ended up getting it and it looked somewhat like the house from my dream.

It is weird some dreams just seem like mind drivel. But every now and then a dream has a different quality, and those really stand out. Those are the ones that usually seem to happen.

I once had a dream I was taking a bus the bus even had a number 160 In my dream it was driving over some dam, and the bus got into an accident for some reason it jinked right and then left and then rolled over. Something like that it was a long time ago I don't remember it too well. But for some reason that dream really stood out to me.

Then several weeks later I was on a bus with another person. While we were on that bus I seen a bus in front of us taking off it was number 160 and that dream came flooding back in that moment really strong. I could see it all playing out in my mind. I didn't understand it at all. Then later that night on the news, around the same time that I had seen that bus during the day there was a bus crash that happened exactly like the one in my dream. It jinked just like my dream and it was over a dam with Chinese tourists I believe.

That was one of the dreams I had that really made me think that it has nothing to do with being psychic. It seemed to me like everything in the universe is in motion. There is cause and effect for everything. Like the mandala is set up like dominos. Like the future already exists here in the present, because all of the dominos that will fall are already set in motion. I think it has to do with every single thing that is in motion down to every gust of wind, every blade of grass, the entire whole.

I also believe the entire past is here in this present moment. Because the entire past is what the present is made of. I have had lots of dreams of other peoples lives. Many people would interpret that to think that it was their own past life. But even though I might have a detailed dream about someone in history, that I never heard of, and it turns out to be true. Sometimes that person was still alive after I was born, so it can't be my past life.

I think because all of it exists here in the present moment, sometimes we just tune into it. Just like you can get a station on a radio by tuning into the right frequency.
    That is my experience and my take on it anyways. I am interested to hear what others have experienced, and what they make of it. I thought this could be an interesting thread.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-30-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doubting you but I think many people have dreams, premonitions and "bad feelings" dozens of times that don't come true and only focus on the one's that do . "For most of us it's the old "even a blind acorn finds a squirrel now and then"
    If you have had hundreds then you may be different. I also believe that their is some intuition in all of us , whereby family members would pick the same number slightly more often than random math allows for, but that this ability is not very functional.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-30-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I'm not doubting you but I think many people have dreams, premonitions and "bad feelings" dozens of times that don't come true and only focus on the one's that do . "For most of us it's the old "even a blind acorn finds a squirrel now and then"
    If you have had hundreds then you may be different. I also believe that their is some intuition in all of us , whereby family members would pick the same number slightly more often than random math allows for, but that this ability is not very functional.
    Yes, you are right about that. Many times they don't happen. But I do think that most everyone has this and just does not realize it. I have learned over the years to distinguish somewhat which ones are real and which ones are just brought about by conditions. It just seems to have a different quality. In order to distinguish I had to really pay attention to how my mind works. Because sometimes some feeling arises because of something in your environment and it could trigger a thought those are conditioned responses. Sometimes you just don't notice that it was actually something that made that thought or feeling arise.

Or like for example if you had a dream your spouse was cheating on you. If I had a dream like that, I would see the absurdity of it, I would be able to tell that, that is something my subconscious made up. Just using that as an example. If you can learn how your mind works you can kind of learn to distinguish which dreams are drivel.

I don't believe in the supernatural. I believe there is an explanation for everything. I rationalize everything.

One person had a dream and told me they were cutting themselves out of a whale and that dream was so bizarre to them. It made no sense. Then later that night we were watching tv and then we seen some random story where some people had done a whale kill and were cutting up a huge whale. This is what I mean here. You may think the dream means nothing just a dream but if you start to just pay attention you will see little bits and pieces play out sometimes. But it usually happens with the dreams that have a different quality than normal.

I just wanted to start off this thread saying what I thought about it and my own experiences.

I started the miracles thread and most of the people who responded said they had dreams and premonitions. I thought it was a fun and interesting topic.

Maybe it is just something that I am used to. My family is just like this. Like I have a sister who once ran away she was a missing person for a little while. My dad had a dream of where she was, in another city. He drove there the next day and went to the place where she was and dragged her home. When the Japan earthquake happened my dad had a dream that people were drowning. He woke up and turned on the news and found his dream had come true. When we were little we were camping and we couldn't find any fire wood to make a fire. That night my dad had a dream of where some wood was. We woke up in the morning and drove to the wood. So I am used to it. It is nothing strange to me. I think it is something most of us do but just don't realize it.

I don't think it is anything special. But lets say you have dozens of dreams or premonitions and only one comes true well it's hit and miss. If one came true then something came through for reals. It shouldn't be discounted. I think sometimes we also dream of events that happen to other people in the world that we don't even know about. We cant confirm if it was real because we will never see it.

I have had many terrible ones that were pretty awful and they have come true. It seems if it is a really strong event it comes through. Those who know me know since I tell them about what I dream, and then we cry as we watch it on the news. It seems really personal when you dream it because it is like you were there and experienced it too. Its pretty harsh.

But I am really interested in others experiences with things like this. In the miracles thread it seems like it was a very common thing with many others here on this forum. People trusting their dreams and intuitions.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-30-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    recommended reading: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...unpersuadables

"We typically have a bias that tells us we are less susceptible to bias than everyone else." Will Storr
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    recommended reading: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...unpersuadables

"We typically have a bias that tells us we are less susceptible to bias than everyone else." Will Storr
    I don't quite understand. Can you tell me more?

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am what is called a "sensitive". That is someone who is tuned in to paranormal experiences. Lucid dreams are the ones to pay attention to. They often come in full color vs. black and white. For me they come in my twilight sleep when I'm just starting to wake up. I keep a dream log to write down interesting dreams I have.I will list a few of them here;

Its 1968 or nine. The Democratic Convention was going on in Ellay, and Bobby Kennedy was being nominated for the Dem Presidential primary. I was home alone, fell asleep on the couch, and me and best bud were going to go to the convention that night. I woke up in a cold sweat, and had the vision that RFK had been shot, and the whole bloody kitchen scene flashed thru my mind! I turned on the TV, and WHOA, there it was just like in the dream! It was terrifying, to say the least.Later on, I found out that many people had had the same lucid dream!

I had the same recurring nightmare several times over a years period of time. In the dream I was driving up the freeaway and turned onto the Oakland-Bay Bridge, and the road in front of me just lifted up in front of me almost like a drawbridge would. So I backed out and turned around and drove south to the Dumbarton bridge and crossed it. That was a major earthquake that rocked the Bay Area! Later, I was watching news on TV, and it showed the road bed lifting up just like in the dream. Freaky!

Another time, a a guy I knew had dissapeared. He had been a partner of my best bud, and was a real rotten guy. The dream was I stepped over his body as he was lying face down in a creek bad, and was dead. I told my buddy about it, and he had talked to the guys mother several times before and had indeed died somewhere mysteriously!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-30-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I am what is called a "sensitive". That is someone who is tuned in to paranormal experiences. Lucid dreams are the ones to pay attention to. They often come in full color vs. black and white. For me they come in my twilight sleep when I'm just starting to wake up. I keep a dream log to write down interesting dreams I have.I will list a few of them here;

Its 1968 or nine. The Democratic Convention was going on in Ellay, and Bobby Kennedy was being nominated for the Dem Presidential primary. I was home alone, fell asleep on the couch, and me and best bud were going to go to the convention that night. I woke up in a cold sweat, and had the vision that RFK had been shot, and the whole bloody kitchen scene flashed thru my mind! I turned on the TV, and WHOA, there it was just like in the dream! It was terrifying, to say the least.Later on, I found out that many people had had the same lucid dream!

I had the same recurring nightmare several times over a years period of time. In the dream I was driving up the freeaway and turned onto the Oakland-Bay Bridge, and the road in front of me just lifted up in front of me almost like a drawbridge would. So I backed out and turned around and drove south to the Dumbarton bridge and crossed it. That was a major earthquake that rocked the Bay Area! Later, I was watching news on TV, and it showed the road bed lifting up just like in the dream. Freaky!

Another time, a a guy I knew had dissapeared. He had been a partner of my best bud, and was a real rotten guy. The dream was I stepped over his body as he was lying face down in a creek bad, and was dead. I told my buddy about it, and he had talked to the guys mother several times before and had indeed died somewhere mysteriously!
    I have never had a black and white dream before they are all in color. That is interesting. One of my best friends that I have talked about here before, who is almost 100, she dreams in black and white. One time I had prepared a gift for her. I bought her a huge basket and filed it with fruits of every kind. I was going to take it to her, and then I got the swine flu. But I had really wanted to take it to her, and had thought of her often. I wasn't able to visit her since I had a deadly flu. But I talked to her like a month later. And when I was talking to her she said she never dreamt in color, but she had had the most vivid dream of a gift that someone gave her of many colors. Anyways the way she described it, was like the colorful fruit basket that I had made for her, and was never able to give her. So I told her about it. She agreed that is what her dream was about. She told me she had received the gift.

It was a good thing I had that fruit basket too. I ended up eating that fruit myself and it helped me to heal.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few weeks ago I had a terrible dream that my friend of near 30 years passed away. She is the same person I spoke of in post 7. This woman is someone who I truly love. I consider her as my best friend. She was almost 100 years old. When I had this dream I woke up in great distress. I know that most dreams are just random subconscious ramblings. But this dream had really impacted me. I even searched the obituaries just in case. I felt a desperate feeling in my heart to write her a letter and tell her once again, how much she has always meant to me in my life, and how much I loved her. I just wanted her to know how much she was loved. I got her new address from my mother, and I wrote her a letter that night, and got some stamps. The next day, my letter was ready to go. I was in a desperation to get it out in the mail that very day. I felt there was no time to lose, and the mail was almost about to be picked up. I got it out right on time.

I was waiting hoping to hear from her. Then almost a week later my letter was returned to me. I thought that my mother had given me the wrong address. I asked her for it again, but she didn't get back to me. Less than 5 days from the date my letter got returned to me, my friend passed away. I was so sad that I didn't get to tell her how much I loved her one last time. I got to looking at the returned envelope, and I had written the address down wrong. It was my own error. I was in such a hurry because I wanted it to go out that very day, and the mail was almost about to be picked up, I made a mistake. I left out one number of her address. I was so sad.

So last week was a hard week for me. I love my friend so much. She was no ordinary woman. She used to be a model. Even in her old age she was gorgeous. She just shined. It was like she had an actual visible glow to her. Her beautiful blue eyes were always sparkling. She always wore this beautiful blue silk shirt with sapphire earrings. She had the most wonderful presence, and clarity about her.

I always felt comfortable with her. I never felt like I was being judged. She seemed to understand me and accept me from her heart, just for who I was. I have never met anyone else quite like her, and I suppose I never will. It is a true loss that she is no longer among us. She was truly a light in this world. One of the beautiful people who had only love and goodness in her heart.

She was not like most elderly people. She was young at heart. She even would go dancing, at the eagles club with what she always called her gentlemen friend. She was energetic and bright. She said that all of the people at the club would watch her and her friend dance on the floor, and they were the center of attention and she loved it.

A few years ago I visited her, and took her a small Christmas tree and some decorations, because she was all alone. That was the last time I was ever able to see her in person. During that visit I remember how alone she was. She was telling me about how much she has seen in her lifetime. She looked at me and began to cry and said, "you would never believe all that I have seen in my lifetime". She told me how she seen so many changes. She didn't even need to describe an of it to me. I could understand what she meat by the emotion that she felt while saying it. I mean she was born 100 years ago. She got to see her children become old. She got to see the world change all around her. I imagine it must be a lot.

I have spoken of her many times in this forum, because she had so much wisdom and I respected her so much. I didn't know it at the time but she passed away on the day I wrote this thread. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...lth-is-defined I didn't find out till the next day. But in that thread I was talking about cherishing those we love and never leaving anything unsaid.

I am grateful for the time that she was in my life. I am grateful to have been part of the life of someone so beautiful. I know that she is part of who I am, everything she imprinted upon my heart is alive and well in me. We beings are like lights that go out in all directions. We don't realize the effect we have on others. But everything we say and do imprints something on the heart of humanity. It goes out farther than we could ever imagine. We are constantly being reborn into the world around us. We can't take anything with us when we go, but our actions of body, speech, and mind, go on in the hearts, and minds, and bodies of all who breathe.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (02-02-2019),Helena (02-02-2019),Orion Rules (02-03-2019),Peter1469 (02-02-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good thread. Frequently, I think of someone or something and then something happens and I think "Holy crap, I was just thinking of...."
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread