User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel Test Fires Missile That Could Hit Iran.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Israel Test Fires Missile That Could Hit Iran.....

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-test-fi...142651980.html
    AP – 24 mins ago.....

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel on Wednesday successfully test-fired a missile said capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and striking Iran, fanning the public debate over reports the country's top leaders are agitating for a military attack on Tehran's atomic facilities.
    While Israeli leaders have long warned that a military strike was an option, an intense round of public discourse on the subject erupted over the weekend by a report in the Yediot Ahronot newspaper that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak favor an attack.
    That was followed by a report in the Haaretz daily Wednesday that Netanyahu is now lobbying senior members of his Cabinet for an attack, despite the complexity of the operation and the high likelihood it would draw a deadly retaliation from Iran.

Wednesday's missile launch, from a base on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, added to the speculation that Israeli action could be imminent. An Israeli defense official said the military tested a "rocket propulsion system" in an exercise planned long ago. He spoke on condition of anonymity because of security restrictions, and declined to give additional details.

Further information about the test was censored by the military. Foreign reports, however, said the military test-fired a long-range Jericho missile — capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and striking Iran.

The Iranian military chief, Gen. Hasan Firouzabadi, said Tehran would punish the Jewish state should it launch an attack on Iran.
    "We take the threats seriously no matter how remote or unlikely," Firouzabadi in comments posted Wednesday on the website of the Guard, Iran's most powerful military force.

The International Atomic Energy Agency is due to focus on the Iranian program at a meeting later this month. The West is pushing for a resolution that could set a deadline for Iran to start cooperating with an agency probe of suspicions Tehran is secretly experimenting with components of a weapons program.

Israel, which destroyed Iraq's nuclear reactor in a 1986 airstrike, has never explicitly said it would be willing to attack Iran, an operation that would much tougher because Iranian nuclear facilities are scattered, mobile and in some cases, underground.....snip~

Looks Like $#@! just got More Real In the Middle East.....Iran is responding currently as I post this. Iran has stated if attacked they will Come after Israel. Looks like Israel is going to push the issue despite the Sanctions. The Missile is a Jericho and capable of carrying a nuke. Thoughts?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Israel Test Fires Missile That Could Hit Iran.....

I don't see Israel using nukes. Maybe very small ones. The problem with nukes is that fallout which will scatter and affect neighboring countries.

I think a strong Israel is in our best interests and if they were to take out the Iranian nuclear program I would be all for it. I don't like them working against us nor ignoring our directions but at the end of the day they have to do what is best for Israel, and I wish American politicians similarly would do what is best for America (not the Jewish-American votes / contributions)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a big deal. Israel has been hinting that they will, unilaterally if so, strike Iran if nobody takes any serious measures.

What happens if Israel takes first strike against an Arab nation?

Talk about $#@! hitting the fan, I'm sure there's a lot of backroom talking going on but at the end of the day, our inability to deal with a potential nuclear Iran is going to have some grave consequences. Israel of any nation understands the danger of a nuclear armed Iran and I doubt they will sit idly while it happens - like we are.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would it be a bad thing if they did?

Granted there will be negatives: oil prices will skyrocket if and when it happens, and that will further hurt our economy, but in the grand scheme of things can anyone blame Israel? It seems to me based on the rhetoric out of Iran they are completely justified, far more than any a couple of our most recent military campaigns.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post

Granted there will be negatives: oil prices will skyrocket if and when it happens, and that will further hurt our economy, but in the grand scheme of things can anyone blame Israel? It seems to me based on the rhetoric out of Iran they are completely justified, far more than any a couple of our most recent military campaigns.
    That's the thing. As much as I don't want this to happen I can't blame Israel. Then again, like I said on another thread today maybe it's just time to get this over with.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

That's the thing. As much as I don't want this to happen I can't blame Israel. Then again, like I said on another thread today maybe it's just time to get this over with.
    I agree. May as well let them play it out.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

I agree. May as well let them play it out.
    It;s a thought that crosses my mind here and there. I'm undecided. As far as the Palestinians are concerned just put the dog down already.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes because as soon as Israel Does it will unite all of the Shia.....what I am wondering is since the Sunni are dominating and enslaving the Shia themselves. Is how they will react. Those that follow Sharia Law will unite with their Arab brothers and go after Israel. But what about the Saud? Then Egypt. Egypt may have been helping to keep peace. But they are still smarting from that can of Whoop-Ass that Israel put on them.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Israel will stand alone as far as the Mideast is concerned. They've been there before.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All of those countries are facing major internal turmoil, and if Egypt even tried to mess with Israel they would get beaten down even worse than before, which is saying something. Really in that part of the world more war is inevitable. How long have outside parties been trying to secure peace? It's not happening.

I prefer a non-nuclear conflict to the alternative which could happen in the next five to ten years.

+ Reply to Thread