Members banned from this thread: silvereyes, Just AnotherPerson and Captdon

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Growing Misery Among Girls, Young Women

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Oh yeah he said that because MR D told me to stfu for telling Cletus he was wrong for telling a person to go kill themselves, that one was different. It was not like mr d was suicidal. It was more like sarcasm.
    I see, that's different. Cletus doesn't tell anyone to kill themselves but radio does.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's all recall that this is the post by Cletus some of you all are so upset about:

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Some people are just weak.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Let's all recall that this is the post by Cletus some of you all are so upset about:
    No that is not it, it is because he told a potentially suicidal person to off themselves while they were potentially reaching out for help. That person has since cleared things up. So are you trying to troll me here Chris because I stuck up for a person? I thought you were better than that.

It is not what you said ...what a joke "it is because some people are weak", like I would have stood up to him for saying that.....
    it is because of this.

Post 144

Vulnerability?

If she had wanted to commit suicide, she could have. The fact that she didn't means she was just posturing for attention or feeling sorry for herself. The world is a hard place. If you can't hack it, maybe you should check yourself out. It is your call, but don't play the "woe is me" routine. Suck it up and drive on or fall by the wayside.

Post 149
    I have seen good men with bright futures and a zest for life killed in both combat and training... their lives snuffed out in an instant. Why should I care a rat's ass about or have any sympathy for somebody who wants to throw his or life away because they are having a bad hair day or somebody called them fat or they don't have the latest iPhone?

Somebody needs to grab them by the stacking swivel and instead of coddling them, explain to them that sometimes life sucks, but ultimately, it is what YOU make of it. If you can't hack it, go ahead and pull the trigger, but be considerate enough to do it in a way that doesn't leave a mess for someone else to clean up.

Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 10-14-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (10-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No that is not it, it is because he told a potentially suicidal person to off themselves while they were potentially reaching out for help. That person has since cleared things up. So are you trying to troll me here Chris because I stuck up for a person? I thought you were better than that.

It is not what you said ...what a joke "it is because some people are weak", like I would have stood up to him for saying that.....
    it is because of this.

Post 144

Post 149

OK, but what I posted is what people attacked him for. If he later suggested hypotheically offing herself then I don't get your being upset about one but not the other: RadioGod was not hypothetical: "Wow, such manliness, such bravado, such stupid. Maybe you should go kill yourself."

Someone with suicidal tendencies should not be posting that on a public forum. It has no place on a political forum.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, but what I posted is what people attacked him for. If he later suggested hypotheically offing herself then I don't get your being upset about one but not the other: RadioGod was not hypothetical: "Wow, such manliness, such bravado, such stupid. Maybe you should go kill yourself."

Someone with suicidal tendencies should not be posting that on a public forum. It has no place on a political forum.
    A person can reach out for help where ever they can it don't matter where. Where is your compassion anyways?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A person can reach out for help where ever they can it don't matter where. Where is your compassion anyways?
    Oh, so now I'm the problem? You don't have a good answer, do you.

Reread Polly's post. She was not seeking help.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so now I'm the problem? You don't have a good answer, do you.

Reread Polly's post. She was not seeking help.
    She cleared it up. That has already been taking care of here. You guys are continuing on the drama it has already been settled. I was just clearing up that I didn't tell anyone to stfu someone told it to me. Why don't you let it go.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,578x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that the Mods themselves were posting in this thread, they seen what happened. I stick up for people if I see something like this being done to another member. I believe I have the right to at least say something since almost no one else will. I didn't report it, and it didn't need reported the mods were in the thread. If they see something that serious in nature you would think they would step in. If a person tells a suicidal person to go off themselves in the forum, it is very serious.

Just because he says over and over again that he didn't tell her to off herself does not make that the truth. If you read post #144 & 149 he said it clearly. It is undisputable. How a mod could ignore something that serious in nature without so much as a warning is beyond me. I could see if they weren't in the thread and didn't know about it, but they were.

And, I don't consider it complaining openly, IMO I was stepping in because something terrible was happening and no one was sticking up for the person who was being treated like that. It was a serious offense in my opinion. I have gotten thread banned for something silly in comparison to this. I am not saying that the mods should be all crazy monitoring everything, I am saying it just for this one situation where they did see it. But who cares, we can step in and speak up for one another that is even better. But too bad more people don't do it. No one wants to get craped on or make enemies. If only we would all just do what is right instead of what we think is acceptable to others.

Post 144

Post 149
    My point is that mods tend to act on reports when they get them. They rarely take action without a report. Right or wrong, that is the way it is.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    My point is that mods tend to act on reports when they get them. They rarely take action without a report. Right or wrong, that is the way it is.
    I would agree with that in most cases. I felt this one was different and they were aware of it. But normally I would totally agree.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-14-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    She cleared it up. That has already been taking care of here. You guys are continuing on the drama it has already been settled. I was just clearing up that I didn't tell anyone to stfu someone told it to me. Why don't you let it go.

So my saying a public political forum is no place to discuss such personal matters is "continuing on the drama"? Quite the opposite. You're the one on the offensive here, now you want to let it go? Just let it go then.

+ Reply to Thread