User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is The American Experiment now dying?

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,441x in 14,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Who threw tea into the harbor.
    People with two things that are rare today.
    A set and
    A clue

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    A set and
    A clue
    Another clue. How many more?

If the Earth has the answers as to why it is rejecting mammon, it is because it is made up of:

a. the most reckless policies the world has to grieve for is how horses were being made into meat-cutter tools;

b. that neither political party deserves election unless it holds animal rights first and foremost, as it results in the rights of the unborn child of a human being, as a child is important;

c. life and liberty include the animal kingdom is recognized as having rights as individuals, as well as who make up a whole species.

The American experiment is still happening, and seeing what it looks like, who would want it as a first nation, if this is how it ends. That one cannot step into an all-politics meeting without getting bashed in the face, because the discussion is already over, is the nation worth it? How many channels of water are opening up, and the waves must change course to avoid hitting it?

It stopped with Justice Kavanaugh, 'cave and all', that a nation cannot be run by the present form of government.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,441x in 14,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmeister View Post
    Protest is a fundamental part of our American fabric. Are you opposed to that?

He's good a point there.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re this post: http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...=1#post2437166

It was interesting going back to see how much you got right. The original was 2003 or thereabouts. Fifteen years later how much fits. I could not see then the power of social media and the amazing growth of right wing propaganda sites still funded by dark money. Jane Mayer's 'Dark Money' came out in 2016. Before this 'Invisible Hands' by Kim Phillips-Fein came out in 2009. My copy is already turning yellow, not a plus for Norton publishing. Both outline in detail the influence money has on the right wing conservatives in America. Breitbart didn't start till 2007 and it is one of the more sophisticated dark money right wing sites, the bigotry in its comment's section borders on extreme.

In a broad spectrum I got the outline right. Moderate, more liberal republicans are gone or going replaced by ideologues and outright dummies. The SCOTUS is still a corporate tool, and the addition of Kavanaugh makes it more so. Religion is no longer about Christian values but about control and their own agenda. Right wing media still dominates the thinking of the right and the addition of private schools and the destruction of public education makes for a more easily managed electorate. Who could have known Fox media would become a propaganda site of the right wing? The election of one man changed so much in the minds of Americans, progress became regression. Things I missed or underestimated.

I didn't cover gerrymandering and voter suppression, both evident today as a right wing republican tool of control.

It was too early to realize the election and success of a black president would revitalize racism and resentment of conservative whites. Who could have foreseen the hate images online daily and the stupid speculation on birth religion etc.

How could anyone have imagined the hatred directed at one woman by the right in America, a hate that ironically was mixed with high praise for her work as secretary of state, who knew misogyny was so deeply embedded in the minds of so many Americans, even women.

I didn't fully acknowledge the hate that can be focused and directed at our political leaders by dark money and rabid right wing sites that deal in hearsay and conspiratorial thought. Every word and phrase comes to mean something that the only dog whistle hearers hear.

I gave too much credit to the religious and the Evangelicals even as I criticised them. Who would have thought how far down they had to go to support Donald Trump and his dishonest tax policies and healthcare policies that hurt children and the needy.

Who would have ever thought, white men especially, would be so blind as to cheer a complete con-artist and liar, who wouldn't give them the time of day or a dime, only because he preaches an ignorant sort of 'it's their fault philosophy', you know them over there are the reason.

Who would have ever thought the changes in the republican party were so un-American that even long time republican voices are saying enough and publicly leaving the party. Some are even saying vote for democrats.

I also did not realize either how much rural areas came to find in Trump salvation or whatever. I hate to bring up class and education but what is it that rural folk see in Trump, a person of demonstrated dishonesty.

A more complicated topic I touched on but didn't realize was the ability of agitprop to turn things around in the minds of believers. Everything becomes something else so long as it fits into a story line, there is no need for an honest explanation, a few key words suffice for blame or fault and when switched around again they still work to reinforce ideas that often make little sense. "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." William James

In summary I overestimated the tolerance, compassion, understanding, and openness of Americans, and underestimated the bias, bigotry, insecurity, and racism.

Recent commentary

'The Suffocation of Democracy' Christopher R. Browning
    https://www.nybooks.com/articles/201...-of-democracy/

'Michael Lewis Wonders Who’s Really Running the Government'
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/b...ifth-risk.html

'Political Entrepreneurs and Lunatics with Money'
    http://crookedtimber.org/2009/05/01/...cs-with-money/
    Last edited by midcan5; 10-15-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by donttread:
    A set and
    A clue
    It is the same answer that it was:

If the Earth has the answers as to why it is rejecting mammon, it is because it is made up of:

a. the most reckless policies the world has to grieve for is how horses were being made into meat-cutter tools;

But now we'll add in, that since @Freedom4Horses's whole Twitter account has asked for those same records...

The Bureau of Land Management, and all of its employees, good and bad, may turn in their personnel records...

A joint effort, $#@!s!

Signed, an F.B.I. informant

Signed in under Ready, J.T.

b. that neither political party deserves election unless it holds animal rights first and foremost, as it results in the rights of the unborn child of a human being, as a child is important;

c. life and liberty include the animal kingdom is recognized as having rights as individuals, as well as who make up a whole species.

The American experiment is still happening, and seeing what it looks like, who would want it as a first nation, if this is how it ends. That one cannot step into an all-politics meeting without getting bashed in the face, because the discussion is already over, is the nation worth it? How many channels of water are opening up, and the waves must change course to avoid hitting it?

It stopped with Justice Kavanaugh, 'cave and all', that a nation cannot be run by the present form of government.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    It is the same answer that it was:

But now we'll add in, that since @Freedom4Horses's whole Twitter account has asked for those same records...

The Bureau of Land Management, and all of its employees, good and bad, may turn in their personnel records...

A joint effort, $#@!s!

Signed, an F.B.I. informant

Signed in under Ready, J.T.

Do you vote Green Party?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Egyptian Kamose Stelae, as there are two tablets, and they are written into stone...now Avaris was the birthplace of Moses, and that is why the Egyptian King, Amenhotep I (Amenophis I) was forced to flee his own country for those years...

They think they have something when the public has allowed a public-nuisance piece to have ever been given a voice, a conservative-liberal talk show host, anti-swastika, where he has the most wholesome inability to meet most challenges.

When murder becomes a weapon in order to organize a one-man brigade, all attached to himself, where money is involved as threats have been made to this same F.B.I. informant, signed in under J.T. Ready, even a former employee dies.

+ Reply to Thread