User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Alaska GOP Considering Whether To Throw Murkowski Out Of GOP For Opposing Kavanaugh

  1. #1

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 268,733, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    324994
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    47,298
    Points
    268,733
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    1,714
    Thanked 4,196x in 2,541 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Alaska GOP Considering Whether To Throw Murkowski Out Of GOP For Opposing Kavanaugh

    I do not agree with this, I dont care if you are a republican or a democrat, you are elected to represent your constituency and they should decide whether you are a Republican Senator or not.
    Everyone has the right to vote on issues they way they choose and the voters are the ones that decide.

    I did not like her voting against Kavanuagh but she had the right too.


    The Alaska Republican party has requested that Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) submit any information she has that might dissuade them from reprimanding her for opposing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

    As AP reports, “Party Chairman Tuckerman Bab$#@! says the committee could decide to issue a statement. Or he says it could withdraw support of Murkowski, encourage party officials to look for a replacement and ask that she not seek re-election as a Republican.”


    Bab$#@! noted that the Alaska GOP has, in the past, withdrawn support for other Republicans who caucused with Democrats.


    After Murkowski voted against cloture last Friday, indicating she would vote against Kavanaugh in the Senate vote for confirmation to the Supreme Court, Bab$#@! said he was "surprised." He added, "It's significant enough that I'm going to convene the whole state central committee, which is about 80 grassroots volunteers around the state, and we'll start drafting what our response should be.”


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/36879...t-hank-berrien
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (10-09-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 23,694, Level: 37
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4125
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    11,268
    Points
    23,694
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    18,182
    Thanked 4,116x in 3,216 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. My Senators and my Representative is there to vote for me, not them.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Common (10-09-2018)

  5. #3
    Points: 21,413, Level: 35
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 537
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18246
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N. California, Sierra foothills
    Posts
    7,864
    Points
    21,413
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    2,510
    Thanked 2,007x in 1,635 Posts
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rethug Party needs more people like her of good conscience!
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. --H.L. Mencken,

  6. #4
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Don29palms's Avatar Member
    Karma
    56
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    103
    Thanks Given
    221
    Thanked 46x in 36 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The Rethug Party needs more people like her of good conscience!
    And the demonrat party needs more people like Manchin so they can have a conscience.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don29palms For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (10-10-2018),Common (10-09-2018),Peter1469 (10-09-2018)

  8. #5
    Points: 24,225, Level: 37
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    11593
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,109
    Points
    24,225
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    5,646
    Thanked 1,287x in 908 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I do not agree with this, I dont care if you are a republican or a democrat, you are elected to represent your constituency and they should decide whether you are a Republican Senator or not.
    Everyone has the right to vote on issues they way they choose and the voters are the ones that decide.

    I did not like her voting against Kavanuagh but she had the right too.


    The Alaska Republican party has requested that Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) submit any information she has that might dissuade them from reprimanding her for opposing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

    As AP reports, “Party Chairman Tuckerman Bab$#@! says the committee could decide to issue a statement. Or he says it could withdraw support of Murkowski, encourage party officials to look for a replacement and ask that she not seek re-election as a Republican.”


    Bab$#@! noted that the Alaska GOP has, in the past, withdrawn support for other Republicans who caucused with Democrats.


    After Murkowski voted against cloture last Friday, indicating she would vote against Kavanaugh in the Senate vote for confirmation to the Supreme Court, Bab$#@! said he was "surprised." He added, "It's significant enough that I'm going to convene the whole state central committee, which is about 80 grassroots volunteers around the state, and we'll start drafting what our response should be.”


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/36879...t-hank-berrien
    It is an interesting article.

    And I do agree that one should not automatically vote in lockstep with all others in one's own party.

    Still, I do not really view this a genuine vote of conscience.

    Perhaps Ms. Murkowski was looking to please suburban moms, when she is next up for re-election, in 2022.

    At any rate, it certainly did take her a very long time to decide--which should not be the case if one is casting a truly principled vote.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:

    Common (10-09-2018),Trish (10-10-2018)

  10. #6
    Points: 23,508, Level: 37
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 842
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    175021
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,220
    Points
    23,508
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 4,716x in 3,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC Murkowski won as a write-in candidate so maybe she doesn't need GOP machjine support?
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

    Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

  11. #7
    Points: 8,330, Level: 21
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    10609
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,404
    Points
    8,330
    Level
    21
    Thanks Given
    1,036
    Thanked 2,267x in 1,304 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I oppose party line voting, I think the people in Alaska will decide if she did as they wanted or not, she may have taken a chance in her vote, or maybe she knows what the people in Alaska want and voted that way.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannons Front For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (10-09-2018)

  13. #8
    Points: 159,978, Level: 95
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,672
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    256638
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    70,717
    Points
    159,978
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    8,102
    Thanked 25,602x in 19,240 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately the voters of Alaska will determine her political fate. Party apparatus will do what they do. No one really pays much attention to that.

  14. #9

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 268,733, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    324994
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    47,298
    Points
    268,733
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    1,714
    Thanked 4,196x in 2,541 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    IIRC Murkowski won as a write-in candidate so maybe she doesn't need GOP machjine support?
    Thats a good point
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  15. #10
    Points: 40,550, Level: 49
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,300
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    6523
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,100
    Points
    40,550
    Level
    49
    Thanks Given
    1,812
    Thanked 2,665x in 2,075 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pissed she voted no too but let the voters decide. The GOP is notorious for this "if you don't see eye to eye with them on all things". I would have never been able to run on the R ticket.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO