Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Secret Recipes

Killer Salsa ((Secret recipe alert))

3 large tomatoes, or 5 or 6 roma tomatoes.
    1 or 2 habanero's
    10 pequin's
    6 cayenne peppers dried
    Optional serrano??
    4 to 5 cloves of garlic or less if you don't like garlic much 3 in the least (a good measure 1 clove per tomato.)
    1/2 to 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt, or sea salt (beware of micro plastics)

You can use less hot peppers or more depending on how hot you want your salsa. If you want it mild just use 1/2 of a jalapeno and like 2 dried cayennes.

Wash your tomatoes, remove core, put in bowl cover and put in the microwave until they are well cooked and there is lots of juice in the bowl. It could take 10 minutes or more. You can also bbq the tomatoes for a richer darker flavor, you can also put the peppers on the bbq as well it will give a unique flavor.

In the blender put all peppers and salt and garlic
    Once tomatoes are done cooking add them in juice and all.
    Blend for a good amount of time, 1 or 2 minutes

Voila salsa is made. It will make any meal into something special. If you make it super hot you will only need to add a small amount. Pour in a jar or bowl covered, and once cooled can be stored in the refrigerator.

Lets take it to the next level do you want to make tostadas???

This is not a secret recipe but I will add for fun.

Ingredients: White onion, red onion, green onion, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, salsa, beans, shredded cheese, sliced jalapeno, tostada shells, sour cream.

Fine dice green onion
    Fine dice a red onion
    Fine dice a white onion
    Fine dice cilantro
    Put these in a container for putting on different meals, will go good with salsa or anything for that matter

Shred some lettuce
    Fine slice some tomato

Take tostada shell the best kind are in a yellow package called Guerrero
    spread some beans then layer on all of the other toppings sprinkle some of each vegetable on there, advice put salsa on one of the bottom layers as it will burn your lips if you put it on top. You can also squeeze a little lime on the top when you are done it gives it a good flavor, even crack a bit of Himalayan salt on top to enhance the flavor since there is no meat. That is it really. Oh and you can add meat if you want to. :)

So lets take it to another Level
    You can use refried beans from a can, Orrrr you can make your own. ((Secret recipe alert))

Ingredients:
    Pinto beans, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, water

Clean pinto beans, fill your crock pot about 1/4 full of beans. I have a small 3 qt crock pot, and I put about 4 cups of dried pinto beans in it. To wash I just put the beans in the crockpot and agitate the beans in some water. I scrub them with my hands. Then I drain the water I use my hand to prevent the beans from falling out. I do this 2 or 3 times.

Oh important while putting the beans in the crockpot make sure you look for rocks. I just pour them in slowly and pay attention.

Once beans are clean for my 3 qt crock pot I put in 1 tablespoon, and 1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt. You can use slightly less if you want. I put in lots of garlic powder. 4 tablespoons of garlic powder. Then fill the crock pot with water, all the way to the top, and let cook on high for 6 hours or more. I put them on before I go to sleep. You will have to top off the water once or twice. Make sure to keep it filled with water. When they are done you can put them on warm and leave them on all day if you want to. It wont hurt a thing.

These beans will be perfect every time. Now you can eat these as a bowl of beans, put some beans in your bowl and some juice, the juice is really good. You can add a spoon of salsa to the bowl of beans, and add some of those fresh diced veggies. Add the different onions white, red, green, and some cilantro. Also add some diced tomato. This alone is a wonderful meal. You should always at least have one bowl of beans.

But if you want to use the rest of the beans left over to make refried beans then lets do it! ((Secret recipe alert!!!))

Ingreedients:
    3 garlic cloves
    1/4 white onion
    1/2 jalapeno or whole
    1 or 2 cayenne
    beans how ever much you want
    Himalayan salt to taste
    oil (any kind, I use olive oil)
    butter ( I use kerrygold )

so dice up your onion in small dices and then super fine dice the jalapeno the cayenne and garlic. I put mine in a food processor. Then put these in the pan and add lots of oil, anywhere from 1/4 cup maybe even more. Fry these till they are kind of melting. Then add your beans and smash the beans really good with a bean smasher. You can add some of the juice from the beans as well. Wait to add it though because you don't want them to be too watery. but you don't want them dry either. Add the liquid as you go. Cook these beans for a little while. You will notice the consistency change in them while you are cooking them. Just keep turning them with a wooden spoon. When they are close to being done you can add a few table spoons of butter this will greatly enhance the flavor. Add salt as you go tasting often you don't want to over salt or under salt.

Voila you are done. You can store these in a container in the fridge and eat for over a week. You can make all manner of tacos or tostadas or whatever. You can make white rice as well, or basmati, or jasmine. Once you have your hot steaming bowl of rice you can put some of the salsa and vegetables in it, and some of the beans. That is a good bowl of food as well.

I always have a fresh salsa and a container of diced vegetables waiting to enhance any meal.

Enjoy :)

If you are brave enough perhaps you will share some of your secret recipes....
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 10-10-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (10-10-2018),Peter1469 (10-10-2018),RadioGod (10-10-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely make anything complicated, although I do have a cookbook with Middle Eastern recipes that are great, but very technical. I am happy with a steak, quinoa or tabbouleh, and a salad.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-10-2018)

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,614x in 1,259 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very tasty dish. Not your normal lip scalding FireHouse Chile. Everyone loves it!

Bubba’s World Famous Mild Chile Recipe
    Ingredients:
    · ½ # of 80% ground beef
    · 4 all beef wieners(Bar-S brand)
    · One can kidney beans(S & W brand)
    · One can Mexican stewed tomatoes(S & W)
    · One 8 oz. can Marinara sauce
    · ½ packet chili powder
    · Celery, chopped, 0ne cup
    · Green pepper, one cup
    · Red Onion, ½ cup
    · Red Tobasco sauce, sprinkle lightly
    Cook up meat in 10” skillet, mix in chili powder, season
    Heat wieners 40 seconds in MW, chop up
    Chop up celery, onion & pepper
    Put beans, tomatoes, sauce and all other ingredients in pot, heat on low, stir & season with tobasco, Lowry’s Garlic pepper, salt, garlic powder
    For extra flavor, sprinkle with bacon bits. Don’t forget the seasonings!
    ENJOY!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-10-2018),RadioGod (10-10-2018)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Szchechuan/ Mexican fusion chili oil.
    Get ready to die, b*tches....

In a small food processor, I use the ninja, fill blender full of dried cayennes, at least a cup. I do it in 2 passes and try for 2 cups altogether. Shred the bejesus out of them until they are broken up well. Put the pepper flakes in a big glass bowl, or something that can take alot of heat.
    Then, in the ninja processor, put in 2 habaneros, 2 jalapenos and/or soranos, about 1 tablespoon of salt, and 1/2 to 1 whole bunch of garlic. You want to go heavy here on the garlic, it sweetens when it cooks. Blend it up. The reason I blend this with salt is because it makes the salt dissolve. When we hit it with oil, it will evenly flavor the oil.
    Get a saucepan and put in 3 or 4 cups of oil. I use olive oil, but have used others before just fine.
    Put that sh*t on med-high on the stovetop and wait until you just start to see the first tendrils of smoke rising from the pan.
    While your oil is heating, put all of your ingredients in the glass bowl, and take it outside. This is for a good reason, trust me I use a tv tray with some newspaper on top of it to protect it from oil splatter.
    Once your oil is hot enough, pour it into your bowl(OUTSIDE!). It will boil like the pits of hell and flash-fry it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to finish smoking off outside.
    This chili oil is extremely addictive. It is good on everything. Pizza, tacos, pasta, rice, and especially cheezy jalapeno bread from the store. It has a mellow and smooth burn, and it is not as hot as you might think.
    Another tip, stand upwind of this sh*t when you pour it, cause it will stick to your eyes worse than mace. But so worth it
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, Ok, OK. Spice is not your thang....
    What about potato salad? Not that sh*t you buy in the store that tastes like pure vinegar and makes your face twist up like that old bitter beer face commercial.
    Lets start with the eggs.
    Heat up a big pot of water on high. When it is at a rolling boil, put a dozen eggs in there. When the water starts to buble up to a rolling boil again, set a timer for 15 minutes, precisely.
    When 15 minutes goes by, use the lid or something to strain off the water, and fill the pot with cold water to make those weybos manageable
    After a couple minutes, crack the eggs on the counter, then roll them in your hands like you are making fire with a stick. They will peel effortlessly. Rough chop them with a fork, just break them up in a large bowl. The secret here is random egg sizes. Big chunks are a good thing here.
    Then refil pot with water and get it boiling again while you peel 4 or 5 potatoes. If you are stuck with those midget ones from the store, use alot more.
    Toss the potatoes in the boiling water with a tablespoon of salt, and stir them here and there until the outside of the potato is soft and no longer clear. If they turn to mush, you went too damn far. Do-overs!
    Strain the water, and get as much water out as you can just by tilting the pan. Then add the potatoes to the eggs in the big bowl.
    Squirt in about 2 teaspoons of mustard, and get about 1/8th cup chopped pickles, and if you have a tablespoon of pickle juice, throw that in also for extra credit.
    Then start heaping in your favorite mayo. I'm talking like 1/2 jar minimum. But it will depend on your potatoes as to how much. I use one large spoon for adding mayo, and another large spoon for mixing it in. You want to fold it in to preserve the potatoes a bit, that sh*t needs to be chunky. Once the consistency is like a chunky ungodly mess, start checking your salt, and add it in slowly. Potatoes take alot of salt, but once you add too much, you f*cking ruined it.
    Of course by this point, just from taste-testing it, you will probably be feeling full, so put that sh*t in the fridge for a couple hours. It will thicken up even more.
    Break this out with hamburgers or hotdogs, or just eat it with chips or on crackers. Guaranteed to make you gain 10 pounds in 1 day. And if you make a big bowl of this, you will be welcomed everywhere you go.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-10-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No secret recipes. I wing it most of the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    I tend to look at a recipe for general guidance- especially cooking time for meats and then wing it from there.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I look up a recipe, I verify it with at least one other recipe for the same dish. There are a lot of bad recipes out there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-15-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I look up a recipe, I verify it with at least one other recipe for the same dish. There are a lot of bad recipes out there.
    I do that too.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winging it is awesome. Then you are the secret recipe. I know a person who wings it, and is the best cook ever. He wont follow no recipe. It's like he knows the flavors in his mind and just throws down, It is always a thing of beauty.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

+ Reply to Thread