User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Horror Story! Five Girls Who Lied About Being Sexually Assaulted Went Unpunished

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    No. You said:

I understand that women believe or act like they believe that this is what the GOP did. I think, though, that a percentage of women are getting duped by the media. Specifically, they are told this is what happened (which is untrue) and hence they believe it. My daughters and wife don't believe this. Another percentage are carrying on because they have to carry the political liberal banner. Yet a third are out there b/c they are paid to be out there.

Yes, though, perception is reality.
    I also said:

There is a take away here and it's extremely important.

My version is how many women see what happened last week and I dare say this article. Now, you can take Dave's version, the man's version or you can take my interpretation as a women.

Of course your wife and daughters believe your version. My son's believe my version. See how that works.

We marry people we have common views with. We raise our children to adopt our views. This is not a surprising outcome and neither of us invoking our families add any weight to our arguments.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    "Women" don't believe anything. It amazes me that when it suits certain purposes women become the Borg. Women are individuals, believe different things and have a wide variety of opinions and positions. God I hate the left...
    Women believe in many things. We're not vacant vessels Mister D.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Women believe in many things. We're not vacant vessels Mister D.
    No, apparently you're one big vessel. That's what you think anyway.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    No, apparently you're one big vessel. That's what you think anyway.
    Mister D- I admit that you make me laugh out loud ........... a lot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Mister D (10-10-2018)

Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I disagree. We are coming off a contentious hearing in which the GOP disregarded corroborating witnesses to Mr. Kavanaugh's mis-truth's under oath. People.....women, are upset and do not feel like the GOP....men, take them seriously,

This was posted to provide an example of the worst case scenario to support Mr. Trump's current talking points that all women claiming sexual assault are liars. Men are the victims and that women should think about their sons over their daughter's lies.

My version is how many women see what happened last week and I dare say this article. Now, you can take Dave's version, the man's version or you can take my interpretation as a women.

It's really that simple.

Had this article been posted any other time, the point you are suggesting Dave was trying to make, would have been viewed completely different.

He's a lawyer. A darn good one I suspect since his name is on the door. I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know everything I just laid out.

What corraborating witnesses?

I took Dave's OP to take all this seriously, to say, yes, report, but accusations alone are not sufficient, as in the example he gave.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-10-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,583x in 25,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . . . .Of course your wife and daughters believe your version. My son's believe my version. See how that works. We marry people we have common views with. We raise our children to adopt our views. This is not a surprising outcome and neither of us invoking our families add any weight to our arguments.
    I don't know where you live but my two advanced-degreed, professional (pharmacists) independent (one married, one very liberal) stubborn daughters rarely believe what I have to say about much of anything. I did not raise my children to adopt my views, I raised my children to think independently and to have opinions of their own -- hoping that they'd eventually see the wisdom in my views. My kids look at evidence, logic and law. Being in the medical field, they have a tendency to avoid emotionally based outcomes.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-10-2018)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work Counselor. You're buying into the smear campaign and pitching it like it's the norm.
    Smear campaign? It's a true story. He didn't say it was the norm. It is merely to point out that always believing the woman is wrong. This is why.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair? tsk, tsk, tsk. It's not your job to be fair...... it's your job to "win". You're trying to set a narrative that questions all accusations. There's a term that we use where I'm from. It's called creeping criticism. You put something negative out there but present it in a reasonable fashion. Then you continue to add to it. Personally I'm not sure why you're bothering to waste your efforts or strategy here. The majority of members already have expressed that women shouldn't be believed.

It's like preaching to the choir. (shrug)
    No, you're being unfair. I've seen little of the women shouldn't be believed. I have seen a lot of Ford is lying because her story kept changing and women still believed her.

You have a one-sided view and expect men to believe no matter how the story runs. I'd like to know how you defend that, if you even do.

The more you say it, the farther back you push women's believability. What is your agenda? You told us DG's agenda so why not tell us yours.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. We are coming off a contentious hearing in which the GOP disregarded corroborating witnesses to Mr. Kavanaugh's mis-truth's under oath. People.....women, are upset and do not feel like the GOP....men, take them seriously,

This was posted to provide an example of the worst case scenario to support Mr. Trump's current talking points that all women claiming sexual assault are liars. Men are the victims and that women should think about their sons over their daughter's lies.

It's really that simple.

Had this article been posted any other time, the point you are suggesting Dave was trying to make, would have been viewed completely different.

He's a lawyer. A darn good one I suspect since his name is on the door. I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know everything I just laid out.
    The issue was what Ford said. She had no evidence. Her best friend didn't know what she was talking about. I could give you a list if things she said that don't fly.

You didn't want that. You wanted his head on a pike. No matter what.

What does Trump have to do with this?

Th girls lied and caused this young man to have to hide like he had a disease. That was the article. It was you who pushed it into something it wasn't. You owe DG an apology to be honest. You made him guilty with nothing but your opinion. The proof is in the pudding.

I expect more from you.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really that simple.

OK, I get it, we aren't supposed to comment on any transgressions until we have completely forgotten about them. Can you give us a time schedule of how long we should wait to discuss "hot button" issues?

+ Reply to Thread