User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio University Journalism Student Arrested For Fabricating Death Threat

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    This is obviously a lie. We have to believe this woman.

Yes I mean have vagina can't lie, right? LOL

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Plus shes going to be a reporter lol, Im betting she will be fair honest and forthright LMAO
    Most journalism students don't become journalists if my age group is any indicator. It would be interesting to see stats on how many actually end up working in journalism but there are definitely not enough spots for the amount of graduates. The irony there being that journalism programs/schools are extremely competitive and hard to get into.

This will tarnish her reputation, regardless. She's never going to be a journalist unless Brian Williams starts his own organization.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Jail does help some people. I prosecuted one female Soldier in the Army- she was a mail clerk and stole a lot of mail. After she got out, she came to my office and thanked me. She looked a lot better (health wise) and seemed to be squared away.
    I was referring to her orientation

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Ohio University Journalism Student Arrested For Fabricating Death Threat Against Herself

Like I said women lie just as much as men no less.

On Monday, one of the managers of an Ohio University student newspaper was arrested after campus police discovered that she had fabricated three separate threatening messages against herself, at least one of which was a death threat.

Anna Ayers, a journalism student who is also a member of OU’s student senate and was formerly a columnist for The Post, has been charged by university police with three misdemeanor counts of “making false alarms” in relation to the hoax threats. If convicted on the charges, Ayers faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for each of the three counts. She is first set to appear in court on Thursday morning to answer the charges.

According to The Post, which had reported on the fake threats last week, Ayers claimed that she had found two notes in her senate desk —one that directly attacked her for her “LGBTQ identity” and called her “a derogatory term,” and another threatening to kill her. Tellingly, The Post reported at the time that people at the school had already figured out that those notes probably came from someone involved with the student senate because although “[a]nyone [could] enter the senate office…whoever left the note had to know which desk belonged to Ayers” in order to deliver the threat.

After making her manufactured threats public, OU’s student senate postponed all of its events in favor of holding a special hearing on the “threats” against Ayers. At the hearing, Ayers reportedly spoke at length about the trials and tribulations caused by reading her own notes [emphasis mine]:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisr...rself-n2527567
    Who did she blame them on? Brett Kavanaugh?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Jail does help some people. I prosecuted one female Soldier in the Army- she was a mail clerk and stole a lot of mail. After she got out, she came to my office and thanked me. She looked a lot better (health wise) and seemed to be squared away.
    In the 80's there was a running back for the Browns that was sent to jail in the middle of the division race for possession of drugs. The judge that put him there told me that a few years after he retired that running back walked into his chambers and told that judge that he had saved his life by putting him in jail.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-12-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    In the 80's there was a running back for the Browns that was sent to jail in the middle of the division race for possession of drugs. The judge that put him there told me that a few years after he retired that running back walked into his chambers and told that judge that he had saved his life by putting him in jail.

These stories stand out because they are so rare. Prison is pretty much a training ground for higher criminality. It is necessary, but not for drugs. If it were that easy we could thrown alcoholics and smokers in jail and save a lot of suffering.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    These stories stand out because they are so rare. Prison is pretty much a training ground for higher criminality. It is necessary, but not for drugs. If it were that easy we could thrown alcoholics and smokers in jail and save a lot of suffering.
    The case that DGUtly is talking about, the defendant was put in a rehabilitory prison.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread