User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Expand My Biblical Knowledge

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I know plenty of Catholics who read the Bible. Not sure what you mean. Catholic structure and authority is a good thing becau se otherwise you get God Hates $#@!s and other evangelical loons.
    Catholics are more conservative, others more liberal in their thinking.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-14-2018)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Groovy. We'll make a tPF to keep the peasants at Bay then.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

That will be important. I started such a discussion with an Evangelical (Church of Christ) member on another board years ago (the Breeze, Mister D will remember him). We started with the New Testament, Matthew, and agreed from the start there was no need to argue every difference of opinion. It went well, I thought, till others interfered and wrecked it. Keep out the riffraff and it'll be good.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-14-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That will be important. I started such a discussion with an Evangelical (Church of Christ) member on another board years ago (the Breeze, Mister D will remember him). We started with the New Testament, Matthew, and agreed from the start there was no need to argue every difference of opinion. It went well, I thought, till others interfered and wrecked it. Keep out the riffraff and it'll be good.
    That forum is back up under new ownership. Mr. Breeze is still there.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Chris (10-14-2018)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    No real Catholic would be able to accept the bold, brazen, cunning, lying spirit that you have, and count that as being part of the rosary to expel Satan. You are an atheist that serves Satan.
    I don't take advice from pagans.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Wait you are Catholic AND read the Bible? Were you raised in some off shoot, because I grew up Catholic and we didn't read the Bible we listened to small parts of it on Sunday. Something common enough in the religion to have spawned at least one comedians joke.
    I have always read the Bible. Catholics are supposed to own one. It isn't for looks that i know of.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Mister D (10-14-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted by Captdon:
    Not in my Catholic world. It is a result but not a reason. I admit that Catholics talk about it more. We don't try to run away from the existence of Satan.
    No real Catholic would be able to accept the bold, brazen, cunning, lying spirit that you have, and count that as being part of the rosary to expel Satan. You are an atheist that serves Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I don't take advice from pagans.
    Once one is baptized Catholic they can never not be a Catholic again. So, again, you are lying. As in fact, you are a far-eastern desert pagan. You resolve nothing. Always looking for another reason to verbally bash someone every time you feel a chance that you have a right to it. You serve Satan because you are first satanic, then 'reasonable', to the light goes out.

You are blind, but don't see it. That is what is denoted as being in the state of being called a "reprobate". And someone else is always "antisemitic", but the same policies you would forward as being good in order to solve nothing inside of the Middle East, I said that @IDFSpokesperson as well as personnel, that this is a dangerous person with a very bad co-habit.

You will lie to no end to gain what you want. Hezbollah are my friends, also, but you behave the part of a varmint.

Dare not venture against the Catholic faith, desert pagan. You would have served Constantine. You would be for Bible book-burning. You are a communist even. You would be banning everyone else's weapons. You lie, and you lie again, even denying the very surface you ventured over to insult others who you might consider as having no significance, except for what you may gain.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    @IMPress Polly

If you'd like to do a Bible book review at some point and break it down chapter by chapter - I'm game.

I'll do so from a spiritual perspective of you promise not to do it from a snarky one.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    @Cthulhu

Just saw this post now! Anyway, while as much sounds like a mildly interesting idea, at the end of the day, that also sounds like an awfully large amount of work. Like write at least a paragraph summarizing each chapter of each book? I'm afraid that sounds like a bit much for me. Plus I'm not really a scholar on that particular era of human history. My area of specialization is American history, and more particularly late 19th century American history. I don't think I could really add much beyond what I'd consider to be just common sense observations and the very most general knowledge of the period.

Sent from my evil desktop.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 10-14-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    Once one is baptized Catholic they can never not be a Catholic again. So, again, you are lying. As in fact, you are a far-eastern desert pagan. You resolve nothing. Always looking for another reason to verbally bash someone every time you feel a chance that you have a right to it. You serve Satan because you are first satanic, then 'reasonable', to the light goes out.

You are blind, but don't see it. That is what is denoted as being in the state of being called a "reprobate". And someone else is always "antisemitic", but the same policies you would forward as being good in order to solve nothing inside of the Middle East, I said that @IDFSpokesperson as well as personnel, that this is a dangerous person with a very bad co-habit.

You will lie to no end to gain what you want. Hezbollah are my friends, also, but you behave the part of a varmint.

Dare not venture against the Catholic faith, desert pagan. You would have served Constantine. You would be for Bible book-burning. You are a communist even. You would be banning everyone else's weapons. You lie, and you lie again, even denying the very surface you ventured over to insult others who you might consider as having no significance, except for what you may gain.
    Gibberish. I don't argue with lessers.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibberish. I don't argue with lessers.

Yes, that's right, they are your superiors. By the way, you are the one filled with gibberish with too much time on your hands spreading division and discord everywhere your arrival appears. What's the matter at the information wars? Are you so bored stuffed full of yourself, is that collar high enough as you sit with that microphone out, dictating orders? Are the papers pounded hard enough down on that same table you work at where there are journalists. Sure, you're it, when in reality there are many who have grown absolutely tired of your endless, mindless rants. Wasn't that part of Twitter's 'real' 'scientific' facts, way too many times, but even after that, you think you are still it. All you are is a fascist.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have always read the Bible. Catholics are supposed to own one. It isn't for looks that i know of.
    Donttread has a child's perspective on Catholicism and religion generally. If you wonder why he attacks a Sunday school version of Christianity it's because that was his last memory of Christian teaching.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-15-2018)

+ Reply to Thread