Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saudi stock plunge as Trump promises punishment

Soooo dont get me wrong I am not complaining, but really Saudi murdured One journalist and we might take action, but they can kill millions and millions of Yemenis and he dont bat an eye.......And still he wont do anything about the arms deal, the Yemenis will be left to die. If your not an American, or someone of importance, your life don't count. That is foolish and ignorant if you ask me.

Saudi Stocks Plunge as Trump Vows Punishment Over Khashoggi Fate

October‎ ‎14‎, ‎2018‎

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-fate-jn8lhaqf

1000x-1.jpg

Saudi Arabian equities slumped on concern the U.S. may take measures against the kingdom if it’s linked to the disappearance of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi.

President Donald Trump
    said the U.S. could take “very, very powerful, very strong, strong measures” against the kingdom if its leaders are found responsible for the Saudi citizen’s fate. Still, Trump said the U.S. would be “foolish” to cancel large arms deals with the Gulf state.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 10-14-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will probably find a way out of staying true to those words.......

Trump Jr. retweets unsubstantiated claim on missing Saudi journalist
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/13/polit...ggi/index.html
    Washington (CNN)
    Donald Trump Jr. retweeted an unsubstantiated claim on Friday insinuating missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi is a terrorism sympathizer -- a move that comes as the administration of his father, President Donald Trump, faces pressure on how to respond to the journalist's disappearance.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a Prince Murders a Journalist, That’s Not a HiccupIf a Prince Murders a Journalist, That’s Not a Hiccup

In the end, Saudi Arabia played Kushner, Trump and his other American acolytes for suckers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/o...khashoggi.html

That is monstrous, and it’s compounded by the tepid response from Washington. President Trump is already rejecting the idea of responding to such a murder by cutting off weapons sales. Trump sounds as if he believes that the consequence of such an assassination should be a hiccup and then business as usual.

Frankly, it’s a disgrace that Trump administration officials and American business tycoons enabled and applauded M.B.S. as he imprisoned business executives, kidnapped Lebanon’s prime minister, rashly created a crisis with Qatar, and went to war in Yemen to create what the United Nations calls the world’s worst humanitarian crisis there. Some eight million Yemenis on the edge of starvation there don’t share this bizarre view that M.B.S. is a magnificent reformer.

Trump has expressed “great confidence” in M.B.S. and said that he and King Salman “know exactly what they are doing.” Jared Kushner wooed M.B.S. and built a close relationship with him — communicating privately without involving State Department experts — in ways that certainly assisted M.B.S. in his bid to consolidate power for himself.

The bipartisan cheers from Washington, Silicon Valley and Wall Street fed his recklessness. If he could be feted after kidnapping a Lebanese prime minister and slaughtering Yemeni children, why expect a fuss for murdering a mere journalist?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good about the drop in their markets.

Saudi Arabia has played US politicians and officials since Bush the Elder. They gave Colin Powell a Rolls Royce when he retired as a reward for his service.

About Yemen- it is a proxy war between Sunni and Shia, which has been hot and cold for 1100 years. That is probably why Saudi Arabia is unconcerned with civilian casualties. Up until fairly recently, Iranian troops and Iraqi Shia troops would kill Iraqi Sunni citizens when they came across them. It is just the reality in the Middle East.

The question is whether the US should support it. Do we have a vital national security interest in the Middle East. If so, which side would advance our interests? Support that side (not necessarily with overt military action.)

However, we may no longer have vital national security interests that would require use to pick sides between the Sunni and Shia. Fracing makes their oil unneeded since we can now meet our demand for oil with our own. We still have an interest in the Middle East with regards to limiting and managing terrorism, but we can do that without picking sides in the Sunni Shia war. If they became more serious in killing each other it might solve some of our problems in the region. Keep them too busy to terrorize the West.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-17-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Good about the drop in their markets.

Saudi Arabia has played US politicians and officials since Bush the Elder. They gave Colin Powell a Rolls Royce when he retired as a reward for his service.

About Yemen- it is a proxy war between Sunni and Shia, which has been hot and cold for 1100 years. That is probably why Saudi Arabia is unconcerned with civilian casualties. Up until fairly recently, Iranian troops and Iraqi Shia troops would killed Iraqi Sunni citizens when they came across them. It is just the reality in the Middle East.

The question is whether the US should support it. Do we have a vital national security interest in the Middle East. If so, which side would advance our interests? Support that side (not necessarily with overt military action.)

However, we may not longer have vital national security interests that would require use to pick sides between the Sunni and Shia. Fracing makes their oil unneeded since we can now meet our demand for oil with our own. We still have an interest in the Middle East with regards to limiting and managing terrorism, but we can do that without picking sides in the Sunni Shia war. If they became more serious in killing each other it might solve some of our problems in the region.
    Of course that is what I mean when I speak of Yemen, I am talking about them not using our bombs to kill babies, or starve a nation. Let us say that there were people dying or at war already would that make it right for us to go in and bomb them in order to make money selling those bombs. Hey they are dying anyways why not make some money while we can, no one will miss those guys. This is the attitude in which our nation is conducting itself. We are backing this war and participating in it. We are exacerbating, the human suffering to a level it would not be at if it weren't for us. I just think we shouldn't be backing this or supplying them with arms.

Yes, I am aware this is not just a Trump thing too, we have been friends with Saudi for a long time. I even linked a book I think in one of my other threads the book was called House of Saud, House of Bush. I do know this is not new. But what is new is the level. So Obama was just as guilty of these atrocities as Trump the difference is that when Obama did it people were starving in the thousands, when Trump does it people are starving in the millions. Trump likes to do everything over the top. Obama was doing arms deals with Saudi too. He did cut it off towards the end because of the atrocities, but yeah I am not too fond of what he did. Not only to Yemen but the Syrians as well. I cant be ok with something so terrible.

But I am in agreement with some of the things you said here, just a few differences of opinion on this one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-14-2018)

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,196
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,976x in 10,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also posted a thread concerning Yemen. About the withdrawal from Ottoman to Soviet empires. The role of the British and world wars. Marxism. Religious fervor. The Houthi rebels. Who facilitates and Saudi and Egyptian and Iran influences.

To call this "so much more than Trump" is the classic understatement, the House of Bush denies American policy in the region before Bush was the Governor Of Texas.

Perspective. Reality. This forum continues to be so blinded to both, throwing conjecture and guesswork around pretending to be in the know.

Wow.

Just AnotherPerson.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,441x in 14,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Soooo dont get me wrong I am not complaining, but really Saudi murdured One journalist and we might take action, but they can kill millions and millions of Yemenis and he dont bat an eye.......And still he wont do anything about the arms deal, the Yemenis will be left to die. If your not an American, or someone of importance, your life don't count. That is foolish and ignorant if you ask me.

Saudi Stocks Plunge as Trump Vows Punishment Over Khashoggi Fate

October‎ ‎14‎, ‎2018‎

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-fate-jn8lhaqf

Attachment 24473

Saudi Arabian equities slumped on concern the U.S. may take measures against the kingdom if it’s linked to the disappearance of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi.

President Donald Trump
    said the U.S. could take “very, very powerful, very strong, strong measures” against the kingdom if its leaders are found responsible for the Saudi citizen’s fate. Still, Trump said the U.S. would be “foolish” to cancel large arms deals with the Gulf state.

Dog and pony show. Tough on Saudis in the newspaper, arming them in the real world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-14-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I also posted a thread concerning Yemen. About the withdrawal from Ottoman to Soviet empires. The role of the British and world wars. Marxism. Religious fervor. The Houthi rebels. Who facilitates and Saudi and Egyptian and Iran influences.

To call this "so much more than Trump" is the classic understatement, the House of Bush denies American policy in the region before Bush was the Governor Of Texas.

Perspective. Reality. This forum continues to be so blinded to both, throwing conjecture and guesswork around pretending to be in the know.

Wow.

Just AnotherPerson.
    What are you talking about? The truth is that we are backing Saudi Arabia and fueling this war against a civilian population. That is not a disputable fact, and that is what I am posting about in the Yemen threads. So what if I care about innocent civilians being murdered in our name so we can make money. I am allowed to not like that, I am allowed to share information on it. So what is your point?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Dog and pony show. Tough on Saudis in the newspaper, arming them in the real world.
    You called money on that!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,196
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,976x in 10,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The fact that you don't know what you're talking about.....is what I'm talking about. Rather, writing about. Why?

The truth is that we are backing Saudi Arabia and fueling this war against a civilian population. That is not a disputable fact, and that is what I am posting about in the Yemen threads. So what if I care about innocent civilians being murdered in our name so we can make money. I am allowed to not like that, I am allowed to share information on it. So what is your point?
    We are, and have been supporting Saudi Arabia against Islamic Extremism and Iran. We're at war in Yemen against al-Qaeda and affiliates, not Houthi rebels. The Saudis have their own national issues extending far beyond the United States policies in the region is my one point. The other being...again....you're winging it here without the slightest idea of realities in Yemen or why they're occurring.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-19-2018)

+ Reply to Thread