User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: you will understand why our democracy is being wrecked.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,614x in 1,259 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you will understand why our democracy is being wrecked.

I believe the Citizens United decision will be remembered as one of the most destructive decisions in supreme court history. One could argue it led to this;

Super Pacs, Dark money, The Tea Party, tea party candidates who are crazy, corrupt, anti democracy puppets of the rich. The destruction of the Republican moderate. It may have led to the election of Trump.

A single person can now give a billion dollars to a party if they want to. So can a single corporation, organization. That is not compatible with democracy. It opened the door to foreign money. It created loopholes you could drive a truck through.

Citizens United was a 5/4 decision. All five republican judges voted yes. Here is one of their arguments they made in favor of Citizens United. You may need a drink after reading this.

"Although the government has the authority to prevent corruption or the appearance of corruption, it has no place in determining whether large political expenditures are either of those things, so it may not impose spending limits on that basis." HUH?

That argument contradicts itself. That argument is a lie. They $#@!ing lied. Why? Everyone knows unlimited money going to campaigns leads to corruption. Someone or something made them lie. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Citizens United and democracy are not compatible. One will have to go. The American people will have to decide which one soon.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211275300

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-15-2018),Just AnotherPerson (10-20-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citizens United seems to be compatible with the US Constitution. It may not be compatible with democracy, but that really isn't relevant in the US since we are a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy. That is a good thing.

Citizens United did uphold the reporting requirements of sponsor donations. Voters can see who is funding who- they ought to take the time to do that and vote accordingly.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Chris (10-14-2018),MisterVeritis (10-14-2018)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,707x in 54,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Super Pacs, Dark money, The Tea Party, tea party candidates who are crazy, corrupt, anti democracy puppets of the rich.
    What's destroying "democracy" is attitudes of exclusion like that one. If you don't agree with liberals then you're crazy etc. You're wrecking what you believe in.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,614x in 1,259 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Citizens United seems to be compatible with the US Constitution. It may not be compatible with democracy, but that really isn't relevant in the US since we are a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy. That is a good thing.

Citizens United did uphold the reporting requirements of sponsor donations. Voters can see who is funding who- they ought to take the time to do that and vote accordingly.
    So you do not care about a democracy? You can be both a republic and a democracy you know.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,735x in 55,431 Posts
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The citizens united decision leveled the playing field and took some of the power away from the unions.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A level playing field is the last thing it is. We no longer live in a republic or a democracy. Our Democratic Republic has been full blown hi-jacked. We are a corporatocracy. It is just a few of the most powerful people in the world fighting amongst one another on what is the best way to shape our nation and the world. They do not consider at all what is in the best interests of humanity or care in the least what we think. They have differernt ideals. They are mostly what we would call mentally ill. They are on a hardcore power trip.

They do not believe in Democracy. They do not believe the citizens of the nation have value, they look at us like we are loathsome. They consider us inferior and genetically fu#ked! This is the real truth, no lie...…….. They believe that their genes are superior. we are so low that our ideas and thoughts and wishes should not be considered at all.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    A level playing field is the last thing it is. We no longer live in a republic or a democracy. Our Democratic Republic has been full blown hi-jacked. We are a corporatocracy. It is just a few of the most powerful people in the world fighting amongst one another on what is the best way to shape our nation and the world. They do not consider at all what is in the best interests of humanity or care in the least what we think. They have differernt ideals. They are mostly what we would call mentally ill. They are on a hardcore power trip.

They do not believe in Democracy. They do not believe the citizens of the nation have value, they look at us like we are loathsome. They consider us inferior and genetically fu#ked! This is the real truth, no lie...…….. They believe that their genes are superior. we are so low that our ideas and thoughts and wishes should not be considered at all.

Now all you have to do is explain how corporations managed to usurp power and create a corporatocracy.

Especially since as you say they are mentally ill.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Now all you have to do is explain how corporations managed to usurp power and create a corporatocracy.

Especially since as you say they are mentally ill.
    It is the powerful owners of the corporations who are pulling the strings. Trust me this is not a question you want to ask me or a prod as it will bring the whole house down. You should just leave it as it is. You really don't want to go there. I really don't either. I bet that the Koch brothers also don't want me to go there or Sheldon Adelson, or Ron Dermer, or Mr Rothschild, or Soros, Look I could go on all day. But in the end you would wish you never said for me to explain it. Every time someone asks me to give proof then something comes out, that they really didn't want out. So you might not want to prod me. I think Americans For Prosperity also would really not want you to have prodded me on this either, so lets not.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 10-14-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    It is the powerful owners of the corporations who are pulling the strings. Trust me this is not a question you want to ask me or a prod as it will bring the whole house down. You should just leave it as it is. You really don't want to go there. I really don't either. I bet that the Koch brothers also don't want me to go there or Sheldon Adelson, or Ron Dermer, or Mr Rothschild, or Soros, Look I could go on all day. But in the end you would wish you never said for me to explain it. Every time someone asks me to give proof then something comes out, that they really didn't want out. So you might not want to prod me. I think Americans For Prosperity also would really not want you to have prodded me on this either, so lets not.

Yes, but, I asked you how they did it. So, please, explain how they took control. How?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, but, I asked you how they did it. So, please, explain how they took control. How?
    When I am asked questions like this it is a trolling tactic. Normally you don't troll me. But today seems different. We got off on a bad foot and you are going all out.

The super wealthy pay politicians to do their bidding. The super wealthy donate to the presidents, and they tell them what policies to put forth, and if they want power, and they want the donations to keep coming, they do it. As per our current president, he just happens to be one of those corporate peeps himself, and he also has his ideologies and agendas that he wants to put forth. We are dealing with a whole new ball game. One of the small time chump change puppet masters is in the highest seal of our nation. You know how it works.

They took control with power and money. Not to mention voting is a lie, it is rigged. Our votes don't count, and mega corps pay to see to it that it stays that way. This is the truth no longer a hidden one either, it is common knowledge. You know exactly how it works. You are just giving me a trolling response, so that you can blast me on something else depending on what I say as an answer. I have been through this all before.

+ Reply to Thread