User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren may be less Native American than average U.S. white person

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elizabeth Warren may be less Native American than average U.S. white person

lol Ole Pocahantas is still fullachit

DNA test shows Native ancestry ranges from 0.09 to 1.5 percent; European Americans average 0.18 percent

Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s newly released DNA results show that the Democrat’s Native American ancestry is roughly the same as that of the average white American, and may be less.

A 2014 study by Harvard University and 23andMe found that European Americans tested overall for 0.18 percent Native American ancestry, while Ms. Warren’s results show she has anywhere from 0.09 percent to 1.5 percent.

“This means that the DNA test shows that Warren is actually LESS NATIVE AMERICAN than the average American of European ancestry,” said Cornell Law School professor William A. Jacobson on his right-tilting Legal Insurrection blog.

The 2014 study was tweeted by the Republican National Committee’s Michael Ahrens shortly after the Boston Globe ran an exclusive story Monday revealing Ms. Warren’s DNA results.

Ms. Warren
    released her DNA results and an analysis by Stanford geneticist Carlos Bustamante, who told the Boston Globe that “the results strongly support he evidence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor” dating back six to 10 generations.

At the same time, the article noted that genetic data from Native Americans is sparse, and that Mr. Bustamante filled in with samples from Mexico, Peru and Colombia.

The 2014 report, which appeared in the American Journal of Human Genetics, involved DNA testing of 160,000 people and was billed as “the largest study of its kind so far.”

The European American genome was found to be “much different” than that of African Americans and Latinos, with “European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American,” according to a 2015 article by the Genetic Literacy Project.

“In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans,” said the article.

Ms. Warren
    ’s unproven claims of Cherokee ancestry while teaching law at Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania have dogged her potential 2020 presidential bid, with President Trump mocking her as “Pocahontas.”

The percentages in this story have been updated to reflect corrections in the Boston Globe report.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (10-16-2018)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually she is more than I am even though I was born with brownish skin. Was accused of being one of them from three different tribes, the Cherokee, Sioux and Navajo. It's actually funny, she claims to be one of them which she is wrong and they claimed I was one of them by sight and I am not. I know we all come from the same people but if I did a DNA I would have to get the extended version to find that one. I would have failed more than Warren. In the short version I doubt I would have had 1%.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Dangermouse (10-16-2018)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,498x in 1,842 Posts
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common, Not true have a DNA test then you can speak. We Have.

Note: In an earlier post I stated race was a myth, look for for my revised confirmation on that myth.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,475x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Actually she is more than I am even though I was born with brownish skin. Was accused of being one of them from three different tribes, the Cherokee, Sioux and Navajo. It's actually funny, she claims to be one of them which she is wrong and they claimed I was one of them by sight and I am not. I know we all come from the same people but if I did a DNA I would have to get the extended version to find that one. I would have failed more than Warren. In the short version I doubt I would have had 1%.
    so is hers...............hers is only .0001 that's less than 1%.
    The Cherokee Council has denied her claim for being part Cherokee..............her test reveal that she is more likely related to some aboriginal tribe in South America
    If she irresponsibly accepted grants and scholarships under the pretext of being a Native American, specifically Cherokee, she will offer to repay those scholarships and grants without hesitation, otherwise she knew she was committing fraud on her applications.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Don (10-16-2018),roadmaster (10-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this didn't turn out well for the Old Ditty. Then the Cherokee Nation released a statement. Warren isn't liking it. We had up quite a bit in Warren and her test, in this thread.....

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...NA-test!/page5
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,555x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    The DNA tests are much cheaper these days. Ancestry is down to $69 I think. But Ancestry doesn't break down results at or below 1%, they just say other. Don't know about 23andMe. I came out as more northwestern European than the locals and did have that 1% other.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The DNA tests are much cheaper these days. Ancestry is down to $69 I think. But Ancestry doesn't break down results at or below 1%, they just say other. Don't know about 23andMe. I came out as more northwestern European than the locals and did have that 1% other.

Yeah I can say the same.....but now 24 and so much more. I'll never tell.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (10-16-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA! Sen. Hatch Mocks Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test Results With An EPIC Tweet.....

Senator Hatch Office‏Verified account @senorrinhatch

These DNA tests are quite something.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...tweet-n2528763

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (10-16-2018)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,637x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure our why a person planning to run for their party's nomination for POTUS would do something this dumb.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,475x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I'm trying to figure our why a person planning to run for their party's nomination for POTUS would do something this dumb.
    like many liberals, they tend to ignore the truth and keep running with the lie...Watch Warren do the same thing
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread