Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,639x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way politics as usual stays in power

Most people vote self interest . It's pretty clear the dems either cater to or pretend to cater to the the best interest of the poor and low wage working person. It's also pretty clear that the repubs either cater to or pretend to cater to the best interest of the rich.
    No shocker in their voting patterns.
    However the donkephants magician act is to split the high wage working person/middle class into two groups NEITHER of which caters to their best interest. That is the mastery of the dems and repubs campaigns. They certainly don't remain in power based upon their "accomplishments".

Somehow the middle of the country , which should find other parties, perhaps one major third party to represent them instead splinters to the other two based upon empty promises. It is actually quite sickening.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Robo's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 401x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Most people vote self interest . It's pretty clear the dems either cater to or pretend to cater to the the best interest of the poor and low wage working person. It's also pretty clear that the repubs either cater to or pretend to cater to the best interest of the rich.
    However the donkephants magician act is to split the high wage working person/middle class into two groups NEITHER of which caters to their best interest. That is the mastery of the dems and repubs campaigns. They certainly don't remain in power based upon their "accomplishments".

Somehow the middle of the country , which should find other parties, perhaps one major third party to represent them instead splinters to the other two based upon empty promises. It is actually quite sickening.
    I think they are allowed to continue their scam because they together have cornered the market on ballot access, the national media, the national debate and every dime of special interest loot. No others need apply!
    Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The Bigger the government the greater the force and the greater the corruption.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-19-2018)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,659x in 1,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I think they are allowed to continue their scam because they together have cornered the market on ballot access, the national media, the national debate and every dime of special interest loot. No others need apply!
    TRUE! We need a new, strong 3hd party, but they block that at every turn!

We now live in a kakistocracy!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    TRUE! We need a new, strong 3hd party, but they block that at every turn!

We now live in a kakistocracy!

Looks more like a duopoly dictatorship to me.
    Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The Bigger the government the greater the force and the greater the corruption.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-19-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent point. And they did it all under the sheep's noses.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point. And they did it all under the sheep's noses.
    Another point is the fact that they operate their "private party" primary elections on the taxpayer's dime. They use taxpayer's facilities, utilities and even have the taxpayers pay the freight to print up their "private" party ballots. Adding insult to injury, they also in most states, won't allow taxpayers to vote in their "private" party elections unless they're registered members of their particular "private" party. I submit that if they can use taxpayer's stuff for their "private" party elections, the law should force them to allow every taxpayer to vote in any and all elections financed with a single dime by the taxpayers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-19-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another point is the fact that they operate their "private party" primary elections on the taxpayer's dime. They use taxpayer's facilities, utilities and even have the taxpayers pay the freight to print up their "private" party ballots. Adding insult to injury, they also in most states, won't allow taxpayers to vote in their "private" party elections unless they're registered members of their particular "private" party. I submit that if they can use taxpayer's stuff for their "private" party elections, the law should force them to allow every taxpayer to vote in any and all elections financed with a single dime by the taxpayers.

Since so many of us know this. Even the man on the street says stupid things like "lesser of two evils" or "yeah my gals corrupt but not quite as much as your guy"
    So why don't we stop them ? Is there propaganda game that good? Are we, humans, that easy to control? Or are we just lazy and spoiled? Do empires fall because the rest of the world has to work harder and sharper and that eventually takes it's toll? Sure they have the $ but we all have the internet to research on our own. Yet few do.
    When the fall comes it will be difficult to say that as a group we didn't deserve it.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Jets's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 321x in 233 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the problem with our establishment two party corporation. They have the game rigged...
    Always agree to disagree.

Always give the other poster the last word, whether correct or not.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,860x in 10,153 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a winnable candidate shows up as an independent I can support I'll do so. The last winnable one was Ross Perot and he was a bit nutty. Since I don't have that option, I'll vote for who comes the closest.

I'm not throwing my vote away. I'm not voting for someone polling 4 percent. I'm not staying home. I'm not voting for any liberals no matter what.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(A) Most people vote self interest . (B) It's pretty clear the dems either cater to or pretend to cater to the the best interest of the poor and low wage working person. It's also pretty clear that the repubs either cater to or pretend to cater to the best interest of the rich.
    Some problems with that.

(A) and (B) contradict each other. Politicians are people (I think) and as such vote self interest, that is, power, i.e., to get re-elected. See Fenno: Homestyle.

It is pretend to cater to the poor for wealth redistributed from the middle class to the poor is spent on things the rich sell.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread