Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote,

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote, send applications with citizenship box pre-checked

They should all be imprisoned, they are violating the law

The Texas Democratic Party asked non-citizens to register to vote, sending out applications to immigrants with the box citizenship already checked “Yes,” according to new complaints filed Thursday asking prosecutors to see what laws may have been broken.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation alerted district attorneys and the federal Justice Department to the pre-checked applications, and also included a signed affidavit from a man who said some of his relatives, who aren’t citizens, received the mailing.

“This is how the Texas Democratic Party is inviting foreign influence in an election in a federal election cycle,” said Logan Churchwell, spokesman for the PILF, a group that’s made its mark policing states’ voter registration practices.

The Texas secretary of state’s office said it, too, had gotten complaints both from immigrants and from relatives of dead people who said they got mailings asking them to register.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed to investigate.

“If true there will be serious consequences,” he said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...register-vote/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't vote in Mexico or any other I am not a citizen of but they think it's ok for others to do this here. They yell Russian interference but looks like they wouldn't have a problem with the country of Russia voting in our elections, or would they. Maybe Abbot should just tell them he will send absentee ballets to all Russian citizens to mail in for TX elections. The democrats are stupid.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it, the liberals on the forum even the "SNIPER" liberals you know the ones that just like to slide in a thread say something sarcastic and leave,they stay away from any threads they cant even remotely justify or sarcasm will only make them look like a fool
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mentioned in another thread, if indeed there was an effort to register illegal immigrants to vote, then I would condemn it and those who did it should face the consequences.

That being said, it's a little like the boy who cried wolf. There have been numerous claims about illegals voting and the accusation that Dems are trying to let illegals in for the votes...yet there has been no actual evidence.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, if indeed there was an effort to register illegal immigrants to vote, then I would condemn it and those who did it should face the consequences.

That being said, it's a little like the boy who cried wolf. There have been numerous claims about illegals voting and the accusation that Dems are trying to let illegals in for the votes...yet there has been no actual evidence.
    There is evidence, there have been convictions so how about we stop saying that it does not happen.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/u...al-voters.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/u...portation.html
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/18/san-fr...ool-elections/
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-in-elections/

Now again as I have said on this subject I do not think enough illegal votes take place to change a national race, but a great many local elections and local issues are decided by a very small margin, in many cases a 1% spread or final totals ending in single digit results. Those are the cases where illegal voting matters. This is not only a immigrant issue (legal or not), multiple registrations and other voting issues can make an impact.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannons Front View Post
    There is evidence, there have been convictions so how about we stop saying that it does not happen.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/u...al-voters.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/u...portation.html
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/18/san-fr...ool-elections/
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-in-elections/

Now again as I have said on this subject I do not think enough illegal votes take place to change a national race, but a great many local elections and local issues are decided by a very small margin, in many cases a 1% spread or final totals ending in single digit results. Those are the cases where illegal voting matters. This is not only a immigrant issue (legal or not), multiple registrations and other voting issues can make an impact.
    Lol...your first two links don't even add up to 10 people. The third is a school election. The last was possibly 2000 votes in a decade.

The fact is, if we're to believe the hype, illegals are voting en mass. The reality is it's anecdotal and not impactful. Just more baseless fear mongering.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol...your first two links don't even add up to 10 people. The third is a school election. The last was possibly 2000 votes in a decade.
    The fact is, if we're to believe the hype, illegals are voting en mass. The reality is it's anecdotal and not impactful. Just more baseless fear mongering.
    Did you even read what I posted? My issue is more with illegal voting not just illegals that vote.
    You said and I will quote again "yet there has been no actual evidence."
    I posted links to articles that prove illegal voting happens so there is evidence.

SO were you right or wrong?

Again as I said there is a far greater impact on local elections than national races, but there have been multiple national offices decided by less than 1%, or single digit totals or even ties. So every vote can make a difference.
    I can post other links if you like but the fact remains illegal voting is happening and it can change elections results.

Lets look at this example (hypothetical) The state you live in proposes a new gas tax that will raise your gas tax by almost double. It is put on the ballot, you vote NO, the issue passes by 5 votes, there are recounts and the totals hold. Months later it is discovered that 4 people voted twice, 2 illegals voted and 8 college students that are illegally registered voted. (they voted in your state as well as their home state) So in total there were 14 votes cast that should not have been.
    Are you OK with that?

Look at this list, while many are old there are several races listed here in the last 20 years and they were decided by a very small margin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ection_results

Every vote counts so every vote should be legal.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannons Front View Post
    Did you even read what I posted? My issue is more with illegal voting not just illegals that vote.
    You said and I will quote again "yet there has been no actual evidence."
    I posted links to articles that prove illegal voting happens so there is evidence.

SO were you right or wrong?

Again as I said there is a far greater impact on local elections than national races, but there have been multiple national offices decided by less than 1%, or single digit totals or even ties. So every vote can make a difference.
    I can post other links if you like but the fact remains illegal voting is happening and it can change elections results.

Lets look at this example (hypothetical) The state you live in proposes a new gas tax that will raise your gas tax by almost double. It is put on the ballot, you vote NO, the issue passes by 5 votes, there are recounts and the totals hold. Months later it is discovered that 4 people voted twice, 2 illegals voted and 8 college students that are illegally registered voted. (they voted in your state as well as their home state) So in total there were 14 votes cast that should not have been.
    Are you OK with that?

Look at this list, while many are old there are several races listed here in the last 20 years and they were decided by a very small margin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ection_results

Every vote counts so every vote should be legal.
    Hypotheticals aside, there is very little in the way of illegals voting. Yes there are anecdotal examples, but none that have any actual consequences.

The hype and hysteria are way overblown. Trump has claimed nearly 6 million illegal votes were cast. The reality is closer to what you've provided.

I'm not ok with any illegal votes, but let's not pretend it's something that it's not.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hypotheticals aside, there is very little in the way of illegals voting. Yes there are anecdotal examples, but none that have any actual consequences.
    The hype and hysteria are way overblown. Trump has claimed nearly 6 million illegal votes were cast. The reality is closer to what you've provided.
    I'm not ok with any illegal votes, but let's not pretend it's something that it's not.
    I agree that illegals voting is not a massive issue however any effort like the one in the OP or the San Fran example where people are encouraging non citizens to vote, or efforts to cast illegal votes should be shut down.
    Illegal voting can be a big issue in some areas (https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ote-twice.html) this article focuses on legal voters voting illegally, which I think is the bigger problem.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There most certainly is evidence and most of them havent been caught yet, you dodging wont work
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread