User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Women Who Claim Assault Be Imprisoned?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    There should be some form of punishment/responsibility for making a false claim of assault or rape. An honest case of mistaken identity, maybe not, but a deliberate lie or deliberate manipulation of events for whatever reason, yes.
    Do you think that women generally lie about these things? I mean the cases Trump has cited, to say the least, cannot be proven false claims (and frankly I believe them). Is there any burden of proof you'd want to see for imprisonment (which is a lot more serious than the prospect of someone simply not advancing in their career, you know)? Or just you make a claim, you go to jail automatically?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (11-09-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Chloe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,024x in 5,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Do you think that women generally lie about these things? I mean the cases Trump has cited, to say the least, cannot be proven false claims (and frankly I believe them). Is there any burden of proof you'd want to see for imprisonment (which is a lot more serious than the prospect of someone simply not advancing in their career, you know)? Or just you make a claim, you go to jail automatically?
    No I don't think women generally lie about these things but women are capable of lying too. If a person, male or female, makes a claim of assault (sexual or otherwise) against another person by name that they know is false, whether it's made out of revenge, political reasons, religious reasons, an unsupported guess, or just makes a claim because he or she is just a cruel person then they should face some sort of punishment for it. For example if a guy breaks up with me and I knowingly make a false accusation of sexual assault against him as an act of revenge and I were to be found out or admit to the lie then I should face punishment for that. I should have to be responsible for my bad actions just as someone that legitimately commits sexual assault on someone should be held responsible for their actions. In the end this protects women that are legitimately victimized and protects the integrity of the process.
    Last edited by Chloe; 11-08-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Alaska Born ~ Oregon Grown

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-10-2018),Chris (11-10-2018),Green Arrow (11-09-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who are you arguing with?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-10-2018)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well our members tend to reflexively agree with everything Trump says, so let's try this new one:

So what do you think? Should women be imprisoned for coming forward with stories of sexual violence?

If she's filed a police report that is subsequently proven false, the lying skank should be charged with filing a false report, put on trial, and thrown in jail if convicted.

What the Rodents seem extremely eager to ignore is that a lying skank isn't a victimless nickel-in-the-slot $#@!. SHE has a victim and her slanders and libels hurt the falsely accused.

Explain why you believe there should be no penalty for lying about rape.

Explain how lying about rape doesn't make it harder for true rape victims to be believed.

People who care about rape victims want women who lie about being raped to be punished, for they harm all women and all the innocent men they accuse.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Males have been Duke-lacrosse-teamed in the past and will be down the road. I don't see how to avoid fraudulent accusations other than good detective work and legal representation. Slap lying women hard with some punitive sentencing.

The first step in minimizing the damage fraudulent accusations cause is simple.

It's an American tradition.

PRESUME the accused are innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law...not in the court of public opinion, not in some stupid college kangaroo kourt…..send the accusation to the LEGAL authorities (the police) and let them deal with it. The cops are not lenient on sex crimes, unless the accused is a Democrat Senator from New Jersey.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think that women generally lie about these things?
    Actually, yeah.

When they feel they can gain some kind of advantage, they lie their asses off. Just ask fathers who are in custody disputes if they've been accused of sexual misconduct, assault on children, assault on spouse, assault on the dog, you name it.

Or just you make a claim, you go to jail automatically?
    Can you name the person that broached this idiotic idea to you, or is it your very own, you're the proud parent, genuine PollyTM Trollbait?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    No I don't think women generally lie about these things but women are capable of lying too. If a person, male or female, makes a claim of assault (sexual or otherwise) against another person by name that they know is false, whether it's made out of revenge, political reasons, religious reasons, an unsupported guess, or just makes a claim because he or she is just a cruel person then they should face some sort of punishment for it. For example if a guy breaks up with me and I knowingly make a false accusation of sexual assault against him as an act of revenge and I were to be found out or admit to the lie then I should face punishment for that. I should have to be responsible for my bad actions just as someone that legitimately commits sexual assault on someone should be held responsible for their actions. In the end this protects women that are legitimately victimized and protects the integrity of the process.
    It doesn't protect anyone except perpetrators of sexual violence. Sexual assault is well known to already be the least reported crime on Earth as things are. In that context, making it a crime just to report a crime seems like something that would only even further discourage reporting and thus enable the crime to occur more often.

The fact is that even the police themselves estimate only 2 to 10% of all claims thereof are false and that claims of sexual assault can rarely be either proven of disproven beyond any doubt at all. The point for our purposes here is that people almost never lie about being attacked in a sexual way, to which end I think it's silly of you to pretend like that's a commonplace phenomena. To me, this line of thinking sounds like the Republican Party's constant howling about "voter fraud" in every election even though there proves to be an average of less than one case of impersonation per state per national election. We all know that they just want to make it as unnecessarily difficult as possible for demographics that aren't normaly loyal to them to vote. Similarly, I feel that those who are constantly protesting "false claims" of sexual violence and never, you know, acts of sexual violence, are doing so either out of complete ignorance or else for a very bad reason.

As someone who has endured my unfair share of rape, I would say that there are extremely few examples of sexual assault or domestic violence claims that have struck me as being false so far. The cases that seemed false to me have been very obvious, like the high-profile case of sociopath Jodi Arias who murdered her boyfriend in quite an astonishingly sick, brutal, and gory way that was so elaborate and complicated that it was obviously pre-planned and tried to disingenuously persuade the court (on like her third story) that it was a spontaneous act of self-defense. Or you could look at this scheme we've heard about in the news this last week where a pro-Trump corporation tried to pay women to fabricate claims of "sexual misconduct" against Robert Mueller, who is, of course, the special prosecutor investigating the affairs of the Trump campaign in the 2016 presidential election. Those would obviously have been false, politically-motivated claims...had anyone taken the offer. My point being that false claims are not common and are usually extremely obvious and demonstrably false. Legal penalties for proveable cases thereof already exist, obviously. Hence why the company I referred to a moment ago is now under FBI investigation as a result of word of this scheme coming to light. But that is different from penalizing people just for reporting crimes in the abstract, which is the prospect I (or, more correctly, the president) raised in the OP.

My point is that if you're going to send someone to prison (which is much more serious than someone simply not advancing in their career, for example) for a "false claim" then I think you should have to prove that it's false. Otherwise you simply advance rape culture by discouraging survivors from coming forward.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 11-10-2018 at 07:01 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (11-10-2018)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    If proven to be false allegations don’t you think their should be some punishment?
    Polly always believes the woman. How can their be a false allegation?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not? You believe the woman always. What's the difference for you?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what do you think? Should women be imprisoned for coming forward with stories of sexual violence?
    Yes, but only if it's proven she deliberately lied and if the same standards are applied to men as well. In fairness it has to be a two-way street.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Chris (11-10-2018)

+ Reply to Thread